Just to set the record straight

08 Dec 2010 13:26 #151 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Just to set the record straight

Man! Is everyone in the world now so bad at reading comprehension that I have to explain things over and over??? I don't mean here, I mean everywhere online! If you want to slam me, how about addressing my actual written words and not what you think I'm saying or implying? Is that really to much to ask?

Has it occurred to you that it may be you that has the communication problem and not the entire internet as a whole?

Wrong! PC is a for profit corporation not a for profit venture. Unlike how others treat me, I'm not going to put words in your mouth. Are you saying that PC exists to make a profit? That's their goal? Where did you get that?

Pinecam is a for profit corporation that doesn't seem to be able to generate revenue over and above what is necessary to keep the site going. It is pretty common to see people only rise to what they must do to get by.
This website believes that not only should it be profitable but those who use it should be as well.
What a concept. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2010 13:30 #152 by itsme

CinnamonGirl wrote: Itsme- There is no reason to decide on motivation for anyone. Just remember we did not go on there just to 'stir things up'. Besides if people did do that, we don't have a problem with it, happens here all the time and we handle it. Personal info is the only content we remove, well and spam etc. We were brought up on their forum and there were some mistakes in the post, and we sent a private email to clear that up (out of respect, we could have posted it and didn't) and it ended up on their site. How is it we were going to a competitor and stirring things up? Just curious. I love that you are posting your concerns BTW.

And if you want to call a name or use profanity please use a star. LOL J/K

It's not a one time thing. It's a collection of things. Started with the PC Facebook thread. Negative statements. Plugging this site. It's not something competitors should do. BTW, I absolutely love this one. Seriously. It was like the new product placements they do in soaps now. (I don't actually watch soaps but saw it on the Daily Show).

Robynabc wrote: Hi Serenity. We miss you. Sorry, I would have answered earlier someone alerted me to your post. I was busy with [url=http://www.evergreenbound.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.evergreenbound.com[/url] and [url=http://www.HighlandsRanchBound.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.HighlandsRanchBound.com[/url].

Well played indeed!

08 Dec 2010 13:36 #153 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Just to set the record straight
Hey, it's call competition for a reason.

08 Dec 2010 13:39 #154 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Just to set the record straight
Competition-- : the effort of two or more parties acting independently to secure the business of a third party by offering the most favorable terms

: a contest between rivals; also : one's competitors <faced tough competition>

[youtube:35ctr76h]
[/youtube:35ctr76h]'

Sorry, I could not resist.

08 Dec 2010 13:50 #155 by itsme

Becky wrote:

Man! Is everyone in the world now so bad at reading comprehension that I have to explain things over and over??? I don't mean here, I mean everywhere online! If you want to slam me, how about addressing my actual written words and not what you think I'm saying or implying? Is that really to much to ask?

Has it occurred to you that it may be you that has the communication problem and not the entire internet as a whole?

I believe you may be right. I say things over and over again that you still can't seem to understand so it is quite possible that I'm unable to convey my thoughts in a clear and distinct fashion.

Wrong! PC is a for profit corporation not a for profit venture. Unlike how others treat me, I'm not going to put words in your mouth. Are you saying that PC exists to make a profit? That's their goal? Where did you get that?

Becky wrote: Pinecam is a for profit corporation that doesn't seem to be able to generate revenue over and above what is necessary to keep the site going.

Who said they are trying to? Was that Wayne's goal? Had he failed at it? I don't think so. But perhaps I'm wrong. Please show me.

You seem to have difficulty grasping the concept of the legalities of incorporation vs what a business is actually trying to achieve. I'd like to know where PC ever stated their goal is to make money.

Becky wrote: It is pretty common to see people only rise to what they must do to get by.

Can I take it that statement that you live in a mansion and drive a Ferrari since you must be doing MUCH more than getting by. That seems like a slam on all the people who ARE trying to get by. You guys probably laugh about stuff like that at the country club, eh?

Becky wrote: This website believes that not only should it be profitable but those who use it should be as well.
What a concept. :)

For the umpteenth time: Good for them. I wish them success.

08 Dec 2010 14:12 #156 by itsme

Local_Historian wrote: YES, Pinecam and 285Bound DO have a similar business model - you can choose to be blind to that if you wish, that's your choice.

No they don't but whatever.

Local_Historian wrote: I get it now - you have great animosity toward JMC, so anything he does clearly must be sh*te. He could save your life, and you'd still hate him.

Yes! You're right! I hate him! I hate him so! Boo hoo hoo! (Sounds of me running off to my room, slamming the door, and crying in my pillow.)

Local_Historian wrote: I'm getting it.

I really doubt it. :)

Local_Historian wrote: You were being an asshole about JMC, which in turn, lends itself to to the site, cause you chose to discuss the site and not him.

Once again, for the umpteenth time, I said nothing about this site and EVERYTHING about him. Jim invited me over her so he could respond and I did. Pleas post exactly what I said negative about the site.

Local_Historian wrote: So basically, anything you have to say on the matter is pointless, because you hate the owner, no matter what value the site has now or in the future.

For the umpteenth+1 time, I wish the site well.

Are you a psychologist? You seem to be able to peer into my very psyche.

And then misinterpret everything of course.

Local_Historian wrote: And no, I'm not going to PM - I don't play that kind of game. What I have to say is said here, where everyone can see the full context.

What makes you think I was talking to you? That invite was to Sunshine Girl.

I don't hate Jim. AFAIK, we discussed it and put it aside and have moved on. I'm simply addressing the continued missrepsentation of what I have actually said.

Jim, standing offer: Let's get together for a beer. My treat.

08 Dec 2010 14:18 #157 by itsme
BTW, this part was absolutely hilarious. I hate to sound sexist but a guy would never say something like this:

Local_Historian wrote: He could save your life, and you'd still hate him.

"Jim, thanks for pulling me out of the path of that speeding bus. But you know I'll always hate you. Oh and best of luck on your business."

08 Dec 2010 14:24 #158 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Just to set the record straight
OK...maybe I am dumber than rocks but....if you generate MORE money than you need, aren't you able to serve the community in a broader way. Give more back to the community if that is your intention from the start?
LOL on your impression of how I live.
I am a good business woman period.
I work for a company that demands that I give the best I have. Not just what I can to get by.
It is how they grow as a company and I grow as an individual.
You see....it isn't really all about the money. It's about giving your all and your best all the time.
Pinecam is happy to just be what they are. They saw no need to be anything more until someone came along and gave them a run for their money. This isn't the first time we have all seen them behave this way.
You can't fix a problem that you don't see or want to fix.

I have read with great interest the last few day the arrogance and condescension that is being played out on the pages of Pinecam for everyone to see.
The funny thing is....they are so entrenched that they can't even see it.
I also find it funny that the threads that get the most attention over there are the ones that actually mention this site.

08 Dec 2010 14:36 #159 by itsme

Becky wrote: OK...maybe I am dumber than rocks but....if you generate MORE money than you need, aren't you able to serve the community in a broader way. Give more back to the community if that is your intention from the start?

I have no idea. Wayne's the founder, ask him what his intention was. Then ask the board what their intentions are. You're the one who suggested it was to make a profit and I've never heard anyone there say that.

Becky wrote: LOL on your impression of how I live.
I am a good business woman period.
I work for a company that demands that I give the best I have. Not just what I can to get by.
It is how they grow as a company and I grow as an individual.
You see....it isn't really all about the money. It's about giving your all and your best all the time.
Pinecam is happy to just be what they are. They saw no need to be anything more until someone came along and gave them a run for their money. This isn't the first time we have all seen them behave this way.
You can't fix a problem that you don't see or want to fix.

I have read with great interest the last few day the arrogance and condescension that is being played out on the pages of Pinecam for everyone to see.
The funny thing is....they are so entrenched that they can't even see it.
I also find it funny that the threads that get the most attention over there are the ones that actually mention this site.

Oooookkkkaaaayy, what's any of that got to do with anything I've said?

You don't like PC, fine. I came here to let Jim respond to my comments, not discuss PC.

Who are you over there anyway?

08 Dec 2010 14:46 #160 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Just to set the record straight

itsme wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: YES, Pinecam and 285Bound DO have a similar business model - you can choose to be blind to that if you wish, that's your choice.

No they don't but whatever.

Local_Historian wrote: I get it now - you have great animosity toward JMC, so anything he does clearly must be sh*te. He could save your life, and you'd still hate him.

Yes! You're right! I hate him! I hate him so! Boo hoo hoo! (Sounds of me running off to my room, slamming the door, and crying in my pillow.)

Local_Historian wrote: I'm getting it.

I really doubt it. :)

Local_Historian wrote: You were being an asshole about JMC, which in turn, lends itself to to the site, cause you chose to discuss the site and not him.

Once again, for the umpteenth time, I said nothing about this site and EVERYTHING about him. Jim invited me over her so he could respond and I did. Pleas post exactly what I said negative about the site.

Local_Historian wrote: So basically, anything you have to say on the matter is pointless, because you hate the owner, no matter what value the site has now or in the future.

For the umpteenth+1 time, I wish the site well.

Are you a psychologist? You seem to be able to peer into my very psyche.

And then misinterpret everything of course.

Local_Historian wrote: And no, I'm not going to PM - I don't play that kind of game. What I have to say is said here, where everyone can see the full context.

What makes you think I was talking to you? That invite was to Sunshine Girl.

I don't hate Jim. AFAIK, we discussed it and put it aside and have moved on. I'm simply addressing the continued missrepsentation of what I have actually said.

Jim, standing offer: Let's get together for a beer. My treat.

Deal for a beer , 21st century marketing. A different world, Thanks for being a great sport. Tell me when and where. Itsme went into the pit and likes it here ( at least a little) . he deserves some credit , most do not have the "whatever".
Jim

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds