Just to set the record straight

07 Dec 2010 19:14 #111 by itsme

jf1acai wrote:

What does that mean exactly? Do you mean they've sold the model outside of the 285 corridor? Not exactly a noble cause.

I guess I'm dumber than a box of rocks, but I fail to see why attempting to help communities outside of the 285 corridor set up a successful, financially sustainable community website, which provides direct value as well as contributions to needy causes, is considered to be the antonym of noble, i.e., " baseborn, common, humble, ignoble, low, lower-class, lowly, mean, nonaristocratic, plebeian, ungenteel".

Seems to me it is a win-win situation.

Please don't twist my words. Did I say it was the opposite of noble? That would be no.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. (Soon people across America will also be able to anonymously call their neighbors jerkoffs! :) ). I wish them well. But no, I don't consider it noble, either. I guess my idea of a noble cause differs from some.

But see my Wendy's analogy. They also give to charity. A lot. But I don't consider opening a fast food franchise noble, either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2010 19:19 #112 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Just to set the record straight

itsme wrote:

jf1acai wrote:

What does that mean exactly? Do you mean they've sold the model outside of the 285 corridor? Not exactly a noble cause.

I guess I'm dumber than a box of rocks, but I fail to see why attempting to help communities outside of the 285 corridor set up a successful, financially sustainable community website, which provides direct value as well as contributions to needy causes, is considered to be the antonym of noble, i.e., " baseborn, common, humble, ignoble, low, lower-class, lowly, mean, nonaristocratic, plebeian, ungenteel".

Seems to me it is a win-win situation.

Please don't twist my words. Did I say it was the opposite of noble? That would be no.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. (Soon people across America will also be able to anonymously call their neighbors jerkoffs! :) ). I wish them well. But no, I don't consider it noble, either. I guess my idea of a noble cause differs from some.

But see my Wendy's analogy. They also give to charity. A lot. But I don't consider opening a fast food franchise noble, either.

You just don't get it. People choose and giving back is part of our model always has been, Jobs, community, and a way for businesses to communicate cost effectively with their customers, if there is potentially a profit , after a substantial investment, why is that wrong? Just don't get your logic. Your weasel words about " profit is ok" and then slam the model.

07 Dec 2010 19:29 #113 by itsme

JMC wrote: Avis , # 2 we try harder, you obviously are not a competitive business person. I think they are terrified about competition, if they weren't they would not be locking threads.
We don't hate PC we hate that they screwed up the opportunity to be great, Wayne had a magnificent vision and they tossed it over for lazy, petty arrogance. Why are they above criticism? I just don't get it.Enlighten me . You do know this discussion would not even be allowed on PC. ( no criticism of mgmt).

Why would PC be terrified about competition? What happens if they cease to exist? All the volunteers suddenly have 20-30 extra hours a week of free time.

Could you please address my comments on business ethics and why you feel they apparently don't apply to you?

As in the past, you make assumptions about someone you know nothing about.

Was Wayne's vision for PC to be a money making venture? Selling PC franchises around the country? I never read that. I thought that was your vision for PC? Didn't you propose that model to them and were rejected? Is this about payback.

They're not above criticism. It just shouldn't come from you especially on their website. Since we are stating what is "obvious", it seems obvious to me that you are trying to cause trouble and drive users from PC to your site. Otherwise, why would you care about them at all? Since you are a such a great businessman, what successful businesses have inspired you to trash your competitor on their site?

07 Dec 2010 19:30 #114 by jf1acai
I don't quite understand why the word 'noble' was used in the first place - I have never seen the word used to describe communitiesbound. Let's just agree that it was not seen as intended by some, and move on :)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

07 Dec 2010 19:37 #115 by itsme

JMC wrote: You just don't get it. People choose and giving back is part of our model always has been, Jobs, community, and a way for businesses to communicate cost effectively with their customers, if there is potentially a profit , after a substantial investment, why is that wrong? Just don't get your logic. Your weasel words about " profit is ok" and then slam the model.

Weasel words again. We've covered that before.

Listen carefully since I have to keep saying the same thing over and over. I'll type slowly.

It is not your business I have a problem with it. It's you and your behavior as a businessman.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you making money. On the contrary, I wish you success (That's at least 3 times I've said it now). A successful business is always better for the community.

I didn't slam the model. I just don't think it makes you Mother Theresa.

I do think you've made a small tactical error in your model. But it's your business.

07 Dec 2010 19:40 #116 by JMC

itsme wrote:

JMC wrote: Avis , # 2 we try harder, you obviously are not a competitive business person. I think they are terrified about competition, if they weren't they would not be locking threads.
We don't hate PC we hate that they screwed up the opportunity to be great, Wayne had a magnificent vision and they tossed it over for lazy, petty arrogance. Why are they above criticism? I just don't get it.Enlighten me . You do know this discussion would not even be allowed on PC. ( no criticism of mgmt).

Why would PC be terrified about competition? What happens if they cease to exist? All the volunteers suddenly have 20-30 extra hours a week of free time.

Could you please address my comments on business ethics and why you feel they apparently don't apply to you?

As in the past, you make assumptions about someone you know nothing about.

Was Wayne's vision for PC to be a money making venture? Selling PC franchises around the country? I never read that. I thought that was your vision for PC? Didn't you propose that model to them and were rejected? Is this about payback.

They're not above criticism. It just shouldn't come from you especially on their website. Since we are stating what is "obvious", it seems obvious to me that you are trying to cause trouble and drive users from PC to your site. Otherwise, why would you care about them at all? Since you are a such a great businessman, what successful businesses have inspired you to trash your competitor on their site?

It has to do with power and when that erodes and you can't deal with criticism people panic.
Not a great business person just trying the best we can, we will have our failures and missteps.
Not trashing anyone just trying to understand why they silence so many members of the 285 community and claim they are inclusive.
We are not selling franchises, we offer a template that a local entrepreneur can customize to the community they live , not many rules. Also very cheap, not a financial goldmine.
Wayne always envisioned a larger model and he is to be admired and thanked. He has endorsed this model and rejected what became of his original vision.
I just can't fathom why you reject what you don't understand, or maybe I do.

07 Dec 2010 19:46 #117 by JMC

itsme wrote:

JMC wrote: You just don't get it. People choose and giving back is part of our model always has been, Jobs, community, and a way for businesses to communicate cost effectively with their customers, if there is potentially a profit , after a substantial investment, why is that wrong? Just don't get your logic. Your weasel words about " profit is ok" and then slam the model.

Weasel words again. We've covered that before.

Listen carefully since I have to keep saying the same thing over and over. I'll type slowly.

It is not your business I have a problem with it. It's you and your behavior as a businessman.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you making money. On the contrary, I wish you success (That's at least 3 times I've said it now). A successful business is always better for the community.

I didn't slam the model. I just don't think it makes you Mother Theresa.

I do think you've made a small tactical error in your model. But it's your business.

Anyone that has ever met me would not confuse me with Mother Theresa, Although I am not an admirer, I am abrasive and passionate and I will fight for my beliefs. I will not apologize for defending this business from any attacks. I never started this dialogue but I will not shrink from any false statements made by others.
Sorry if my passion for Communitiesbound offends you. It is my baby.

07 Dec 2010 19:51 #118 by itsme

JMC wrote: I just can't fathom why you reject what you don't understand, or maybe I do.

OK, what am I rejecting and what don't I understand? In case you haven't noticed, I'm here about you, not 285bound.com.

You invited me here to discuss this and to give you a change to reply. I'm here. So please address my only criticism instead of trying to make me out to be ignorant, anti-business, etc. You are dodging the only thing negative I've had to say:

Why do you think it's OK to go onto a competitors site and post negative comments? Why isn't that unethical? I gave you two examples of this using other types of businesses. Why is what you're doing different?

07 Dec 2010 19:56 #119 by itsme

JMC wrote: Anyone that has ever met me would not confuse me with Mother Theresa, Although I am not an admirer, I am abrasive and passionate and I will fight for my beliefs. I will not apologize for defending this business from any attacks. I never started this dialogue but I will not shrink from any false statements made by others.

It doesn't offend me. ONCE AGAIN, I HAVE NEVER SAID A SINGLE BAD THING ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS! I'm talking about it's owner.

I've already said you were right to correct the misinformation posted. No argument whatsoever. You should defend your business from misinformation.

But that does not mean you should make negative statements about a competitor, especially on their site!

07 Dec 2010 20:10 #120 by JMC

itsme wrote:

JMC wrote: Anyone that has ever met me would not confuse me with Mother Theresa, Although I am not an admirer, I am abrasive and passionate and I will fight for my beliefs. I will not apologize for defending this business from any attacks. I never started this dialogue but I will not shrink from any false statements made by others.

It doesn't offend me. ONCE AGAIN, I HAVE NEVER SAID A SINGLE BAD THING ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS! I'm talking about it's owner.

I've already said you were right to correct the misinformation posted. No argument whatsoever. You should defend your business from misinformation.

But that does not mean you should make negative statements about a competitor, especially on their site!

They started the negative statements on the other site, I responded privately! They posted a PRIVATE communication. I defended, passionately, our business. Why is that so wrong. I know I can be a jerk but in this case I was being rational. Read my private email posted on PC, I said that I did not want to post there and asked Xenon to qualify his statements.
I was defensive in not allowing misrepresentations to be posted there.
PC can at anytime come here and question anything anyone says, that is all I ask.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds