Just to set the record straight

07 Dec 2010 17:50 #101 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Just to set the record straight

Be careful over at PC CG or you might get banned too.

Uh,....... yeah... Trying not to. And I am not having a bad day. Just FYI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2010 18:03 #102 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Just to set the record straight

One thing I want to clear up, I did not say anything negative about 285bound being a money making venture. On at least 2 occasions I wished you well with the venture. And I have no problem with you responding to Xenon's post where he commented on 285bound.

itsme wrote:
Conifergirl1981 wrote:
285Bound.com has far outreached the confines on the 285 corridor (which I'm happy to call home)

What does that mean exactly? Do you mean they've sold the model outside of the 285 corridor? Not exactly a noble cause.

Just curious, who are you over there, long time lurker who defends them so?

Just curious what you may have meant by that lest red statement?
I realize I have been a little distracted lately but that last statement of yours does not appear to be a kind reference to the capitalistic 285bound.com, now does it?
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :Slpfigh: :Slpfigh: :Slpfigh: :Slpfigh: :Slpfigh: :Slpfigh: :Slpfigh: :Slpfigh:

07 Dec 2010 18:05 #103 by pacamom

AspenLeaf wrote: Robyn, why are you here?

What right is it of her to even ask a question like that?

SC - You really would like LJ.

Becky, I am so glad to hear that your mom is doing better. One day at a time!

07 Dec 2010 18:15 #104 by itsme

Becky wrote:

One thing I want to clear up, I did not say anything negative about 285bound being a money making venture. On at least 2 occasions I wished you well with the venture. And I have no problem with you responding to Xenon's post where he commented on 285bound.

itsme wrote:
Conifergirl1981 wrote:
285Bound.com has far outreached the confines on the 285 corridor (which I'm happy to call home)

What does that mean exactly? Do you mean they've sold the model outside of the 285 corridor? Not exactly a noble cause.

Just curious, who are you over there, long time lurker who defends them so?

Just curious what you may have meant by that lest red statement?
I realize I have been a little distracted lately but that last statement of yours does not appear to be a kind reference to the capitalistic 285bound.com, now does it?

I have never said one single bad thing about 285bound.com or it's business model. I'll let you in on a little secret: I like money.

Let me explain that comment for you. When Wendy's opened in Conifer, I thought that's nice. If I want a fast food fried hamburger I don't have to drive to Evergreen or down the hill. What I didn't think was how noble of them to bring that burger to the community.

07 Dec 2010 18:31 #105 by Nmysys
Doobie:

Sorry again. He has had that nickname for years, so I assumed that you were him. He knows how I feel about him, so I felt a rage when you wrote what you did. I will never confuse you for him again. I promise.

During the campaign season, he stated very clearly, at least as clearly as he could in his drugged state, that he was against the county building the new Comm site, yet Thursday morning the B.O.C.C. meeting is about them going forward with it, and many of us are planning on going there to Fairplay to protest it. I am not really trying to pass on excuses for my behavior earlier, but that tells you what my state of mind was when you asked if I was the same Nmysys as the one who advertises firewood on P.C.

SC:

You can be friends with LJ because of your liberal bent, but I will always adore you, but definitely not her. :heart:

07 Dec 2010 18:32 #106 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Just to set the record straight
Come on Nmysys be nice to LJ.

07 Dec 2010 18:47 #107 by Dilbert

Nmysys wrote: Doobie:

Sorry again. He has had that nickname for years, so I assumed that you were him. He knows how I feel about him, so I felt a rage when you wrote what you did. I will never confuse you for him again. I promise.

During the campaign season, he stated very clearly, at least as clearly as he could in his drugged state, that he was against the county building the new Comm site, yet Thursday morning the B.O.C.C. meeting is about them going forward with it, and many of us are planning on going there to Fairplay to protest it. I am not really trying to pass on excuses for my behavior earlier, but that tells you what my state of mind was when you asked if I was the same Nmysys as the one who advertises firewood on P.C.

SC:

You can be friends with LJ because of your liberal bent, but I will always adore you, but definitely not her. :heart:

I had no IDEA that Doobie was Dowaliby's nickname - there are no hard feelings here at all and I appreciate your explanation.....................interesting how stuff works isn't it?

07 Dec 2010 18:51 #108 by itsme

JMC wrote: Sorry IM , I was out today, My point has always been that both sites are for profit, both want to reflect the community, they screwed up a trust, and that hurt hundreds of our citizens.
PC has every right to do whatever they decide for their purpose. I have every right to question their purpose. They are for profit but make and contribute very little per their potential ( they choose).

I know you're disappointed with them not being a money making venture. That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. Where I believe it crosses the line is where a business owner goes into a competitor's business and stirs up trouble. Which you, and now Robyn, have done at PC. It's a matter of business ethics. And plugging your business isn't kosher, either.

If I'm down at the hardware store shooting the bull with the guys working there and an electrician who happens to be there, and somebody comes in and asks about another electrician, I feel perfectly free to give my opinion that the guy asked about sucks. However, I think it is unethical for the other electrician to say so.

If a restaurant owner goes into another restaurant and states that the food is bad and it's much better at his place, I consider that to be unethical.

If you think those things are acceptable behavior in the business world, then keep up the good work, I guess.

JMC wrote: They silence, intimidate and now deal with an alternative that they are baffled by.. I am not going to and will not back down. They ban ,we debate.
They silence voices they disagree with them, we do not. They are invited here to debate , we are banned from debating there.
Everyone is free to choose. They had so much potential and screwed it up because of lazy arrogant thinking.
Blame 285b , I love it!

I'm not defending them. I've been suspended before and probably will be again. The moderation is on the heavy side but I believe some moderation is called for. I'm only addressing your behavior as a business owner.

I don't think they are "baffled" by your alternative sites. I don't think they care about your site. The users are annoyed that people keep stirring up trouble there. There are other sites but those people aren't going over to PC withe negative comments about it.

I agree that you had every right to respond to Xenon's post as it was inaccurate. It's too bad you didn't let it go there. If folks from this site don't post negative things there, I doubt you'll ever see another post about this site.

It's obvious that a lot of people on this site hate PC but let it go. Try and see how long you can go without even mentioning it. Make this site about 285bound.com and not about bashing PC. The lack of negatively will go a long way toward making your business model more viable as well. It's going to be harder to sell if potential customers visit and continue to see the negativity toward another site.

07 Dec 2010 19:01 #109 by jf1acai

I guess I'm dumber than a box of rocks, but I fail to see why attempting to help communities outside of the 285 corridor set up a successful, financially sustainable community website, which provides direct value as well as contributions to needy causes, is considered to be the antonym of noble, i.e., " baseborn, common, humble, ignoble, low, lower-class, lowly, mean, nonaristocratic, plebeian, ungenteel".

Seems to me it is a win-win situation.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

07 Dec 2010 19:03 #110 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Just to set the record straight

itsme wrote:

JMC wrote: Sorry IM , I was out today, My point has always been that both sites are for profit, both want to reflect the community, they screwed up a trust, and that hurt hundreds of our citizens.
PC has every right to do whatever they decide for their purpose. I have every right to question their purpose. They are for profit but make and contribute very little per their potential ( they choose).

I know you're disappointed with them not being a money making venture. That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. Where I believe it crosses the line is where a business owner goes into a competitor's business and stirs up trouble. Which you, and now Robyn, have done at PC. It's a matter of business ethics. And plugging your business isn't kosher, either.

If I'm down at the hardware store shooting the bull with the guys working there and an electrician who happens to be there, and somebody comes in and asks about another electrician, I feel perfectly free to give my opinion that the guy asked about sucks. However, I think it is unethical for the other electrician to say so.

If a restaurant owner goes into another restaurant and states that the food is bad and it's much better at his place, I consider that to be unethical.

If you think those things are acceptable behavior in the business world, then keep up the good work, I guess.

JMC wrote: They silence, intimidate and now deal with an alternative that they are baffled by.. I am not going to and will not back down. They ban ,we debate.
They silence voices they disagree with them, we do not. They are invited here to debate , we are banned from debating there.
Everyone is free to choose. They had so much potential and screwed it up because of lazy arrogant thinking.
Blame 285b , I love it!

I'm not defending them. I've been suspended before and probably will be again. The moderation is on the heavy side but I believe some moderation is called for. I'm only addressing your behavior as a business owner.

I don't think they are "baffled" by your alternative sites. I don't think they care about your site. The users are annoyed that people keep stirring up trouble there. There are other sites but those people aren't going over to PC withe negative comments about it.

I agree that you had every right to respond to Xenon's post as it was inaccurate. It's too bad you didn't let it go there. If folks from this site don't post negative things there, I doubt you'll ever see another post about this site.

It's obvious that a lot of people on this site hate PC but let it go. Try and see how long you can go without even mentioning it. Make this site about 285bound.com and not about bashing PC. The lack of negatively will go a long way toward making your business model more viable as well. It's going to be harder to sell if potential customers visit and continue to see the negativity toward another site.

Avis , # 2 we try harder, you obviously are not a competitive business person. I think they are terrified about competition, if they weren't they would not be locking threads.
We don't hate PC we hate that they screwed up the opportunity to be great, Wayne had a magnificent vision and they tossed it over for lazy, petty arrogance. Why are they above criticism? I just don't get it.Enlighten me . You do know this discussion would not even be allowed on PC. ( no criticism of mgmt).

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds