Just to set the record straight

07 Dec 2010 20:24 #121 by itsme

JMC wrote: They started the negative statements on the other site, I responded privately! They posted a PRIVATE communication. I defended, passionately, our business. Why is that so wrong. I know I can be a jerk but in this case I was being rational. Read my private email posted on PC, I said that I did not want to post there and asked Xenon to qualify his statements.
I was defensive in not allowing misrepresentations to be posted there.
PC can at anytime come here and question anything anyone says, that is all I ask.

That was one guy, who had just resigned from the board, and who posted your PM (wrong in itself) seemingly to correct what he had gotten wrong. I did think it was worded a bit strongly but that can happen in what you to believe to be a private message. If it had been removed would you have been upset that his errors remained?

I think the difference is their is no "PC", per say, where here you have owners, who seem to be on the same page. Unlike a group of people trying to follow some guidelines.

Now that you're banned, I guess I have nothing to complain about since you won't be posting. (Although I'm sorry it came to that.)

Oh Robyn! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2010 20:28 #122 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Just to set the record straight
Thanks Itsme. fun dialogue.

07 Dec 2010 20:29 #123 by jf1acai

I think the difference is their is no "PC", per say, where here you have owners, who seem to be on the same page.

BS!

Pinecam is a registered for profit organization, which has a Board of Directors, which is responsible for the actions of Pinecam.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

07 Dec 2010 20:30 #124 by itsme

JMC wrote: Thanks Itsme. fun dialogue.

Best of luck to the CommunitiesBound venture.

07 Dec 2010 20:36 #125 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Just to set the record straight
Thank you Itsme....... I will do anything you want to keep you posting. I like having you here.

07 Dec 2010 20:52 #126 by itsme

jf1acai wrote:

I think the difference is their is no "PC", per say, where here you have owners, who seem to be on the same page.

BS!

Pinecam is a registered for profit organization, which has a Board of Directors, which is responsible for the actions of Pinecam.

Whatever dude. If you think there the same thing, that's what you think. I don't. My family's business was incorporated as well. But it was very clear who was in charge.

07 Dec 2010 20:58 #127 by itsme

jf1acai wrote:
BS!

BTW, do you have something against a business because it's for profit??? :)

07 Dec 2010 21:38 #128 by Sunshine Girl

itsme wrote:

JMC wrote: I just can't fathom why you reject what you don't understand, or maybe I do.

OK, what am I rejecting and what don't I understand? In case you haven't noticed, I'm here about you, not 285bound.com.

You invited me here to discuss this and to give you a change to reply. I'm here. So please address my only criticism instead of trying to make me out to be ignorant, anti-business, etc. You are dodging the only thing negative I've had to say:

Why do you think it's OK to go onto a competitors site and post negative comments? Why isn't that unethical? I gave you two examples of this using other types of businesses. Why is what you're doing different?

Itsme, could you please copy and paste where jmc2 posted negative comments. For me this is the main problem I have with your comments about him. If my memory serves me correctly I believe jmc2 posted on PC of his offer to help. Some have made comments that he came on there and did, or said, something wrong. I must have missed it.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

07 Dec 2010 22:00 #129 by Hoot Owl
Relax all, the sun will come up tomorrow, or we will have a lot more to worry about.

07 Dec 2010 22:14 #130 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Just to set the record straight

itsme wrote:

jf1acai wrote:

What does that mean exactly? Do you mean they've sold the model outside of the 285 corridor? Not exactly a noble cause.

I guess I'm dumber than a box of rocks, but I fail to see why attempting to help communities outside of the 285 corridor set up a successful, financially sustainable community website, which provides direct value as well as contributions to needy causes, is considered to be the antonym of noble, i.e., " baseborn, common, humble, ignoble, low, lower-class, lowly, mean, nonaristocratic, plebeian, ungenteel".

Seems to me it is a win-win situation.

Please don't twist my words. Did I say it was the opposite of noble? That would be no.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. (Soon people across America will also be able to anonymously call their neighbors jerkoffs! :) ). I wish them well. But no, I don't consider it noble, either. I guess my idea of a noble cause differs from some.

But see my Wendy's analogy. They also give to charity. A lot. But I don't consider opening a fast food franchise noble, either.

So....I guess providing emergency information in a disaster is not noble?
Helping to build local businesses up and provide them a low cost venue to advertise so that they can also generate revenue and create jobs isn't noble?
Helping a fellow neighbor to find a lost pet or finding a home for a needy pet is not noble?
Sharing the news of the birth of your first child or grandchild with your neighbors is not noble?
Providing local non profits with well needed funds is not noble?

I could go on and on but what would be the point......your right....your idea of noble is somewhat different from mine.
I suspect you would prefer to make assumptions.....much like the resigned BOD member did.

Just curious....what exactly do you find so noble about Pinecam?

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds