Just to set the record straight

08 Dec 2010 05:58 #131 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Just to set the record straight
OK, who cares?

The owners of all community forums are trying their best to do what they see as the right thing for their virtual community. if you don't agree with the direction or best efforts by the leaders of a forum, leave. There is no evil PC or 285bound group. Just good people trying their best.

For profit or non-profit - the difference between the two is minor. Who cares?

Posting a PM without permission was an online no no but not a BIG issue.

The sun is coming up shortly and many of us will need to deal with real issues like what to get your spouse for xmas :heart:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2010 07:14 #132 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Just to set the record straight
Okay AV what do you get your spouse?

08 Dec 2010 07:18 #133 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Just to set the record straight
Not sure, it is calendared for tonight :)

I'm thinking gift cards for her favorite shopping places, an IOU for the next gen IPAD, and some personal service certificates

08 Dec 2010 07:39 #134 by Sunshine Girl
What a sweetie! You just reminded me how much I feel like I need a massage. It's been way too long. :((((((( I'm sure she'll love her gifts!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

08 Dec 2010 07:59 #135 by LadyJazzer

PrintSmith wrote:

Science Chic wrote: While I've not yet had the pleasure of meeting LJ, I'm pretty sure we'd be good friends!

I can all but assure that you would be. I have had the pleasure of meeting LJ and, despite the fact that she and I likely couldn't agree on the time of day when we met, neither one of us transfers our disdain for the politics of the other to a disdain for the person. Like Thomas Jefferson, we recognize that people of good character are people of good character regardless of their political outlook.

That is true... :biggrin: And it was good to finally meet face-to-face... And, yes, I doubt that we could agree on what toppings to put on a pizza, that doesn't make it "personal"... Too bad that is not shared by some.

08 Dec 2010 08:07 #136 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: [ And, yes, I doubt that we could agree on what toppings to put on a pizza, that doesn't make it "personal"... Too bad that is not shared by some.

Wait. You mean some people take this stuff seriously? :VeryScared:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

08 Dec 2010 08:17 #137 by LadyJazzer
rofllol :lol:

08 Dec 2010 08:30 #138 by LopingAlong

AVs Good Twin wrote: OK, who cares?

Posting a PM without permission was an online no no but not a BIG issue.
:

So if a site will post a PM, what else will they do that might be unethical? B/c to me, that was unethical.

Will those in a power position read PM's of posters, for example?

It is a trust issue. And though it wasn't pc that posted that PM, they ALLOWED it. They, the ones who edit, moderate and pull lots of posts per week, allowed that particular PM to stand. Why? I can't ask that there or I would. I belong to, like, and post to both sites so this is not intended as any kind of slam to pc; I'm just curious what you think of the ethical aspects--where you would draw the line on what is ok and what is a big issue? Thanks!

08 Dec 2010 08:33 #139 by Grady
You can put me in the column of someone who would like to meet LJ. We have even agreed once or twice. :VeryScared: :VeryScared:

08 Dec 2010 08:40 #140 by itsme

Becky wrote:
So....I guess providing emergency information in a disaster is not noble?
Helping to build local businesses up and provide them a low cost venue to advertise so that they can also generate revenue and create jobs isn't noble?
Helping a fellow neighbor to find a lost pet or finding a home for a needy pet is not noble?
Sharing the news of the birth of your first child or grandchild with your neighbors is not noble?
Providing local non profits with well needed funds is not noble?

I could go on and on but what would be the point......your right....your idea of noble is somewhat different from mine.
I suspect you would prefer to make assumptions.....much like the resigned BOD member did.

Just curious....what exactly do you find so noble about Pinecam?

As jfcai pointed out, noble was probably not the correct word for what I was trying to convey but it's too late now.

You seem to like making assumptions. :) Just curious, where did you see me say Pinecam was noble?

I've done 3 of the 5 above. Does that make me partially noble? To me, I was just being helpful.

I haven't said any of those things. (Sharing the news of the birth of your first child or grandchild with your neighbors IS noble??? Then showing your neighbor how to change the glow plugs in his diesel must REALLY be noble! Sweet!)

I did say:

itsme wrote: And I'm not here as a defender of PC. Or a basher of 285bound. Just here to let JMC have his say.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds