41 Percent of Pregnancies in New York City Are Aborted

07 Jan 2011 18:31 #11 by walktrot

major bean wrote: Women rejecting responsibility for their actions. Wonderful.

Back in the 60s the great reducer of unwanted pregnancies was going to be education. Girls continued to become pregnant. Since then the answer has been more education and more education. OK girls now know what makes them pregnant but does that stop the flow of hormones? Many times the thought of pregnancy is a turn on for the unmarried girl. How is education going to overcome this?

Education is not the answer. Women accepting responsibility for their reproductive actions is the answer. Why blame men? Stop being the poor helpless victim. And stop making the unborn child the victim by mudering him/her.

major bean, get in line right behind Nmysys, at your ages ignorance is not a valid excuse, you have moved to the stupidity category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2011 18:34 #12 by LadyJazzer
Nobody said anything about rejecting responsibility... But since the usual patriarchal neanderthals think that the problem will be completely solved by women keeping their legs together, I think it only fair that we fix it so that if an accident should happen, and those legs AREN'T kept together, we just ensure that any mistakes on the male side end up with something happening that's no more serious than an unintended pregnancy running down a leg.

Sounds fair to me...

07 Jan 2011 20:10 #13 by archer

Education is not the answer. Women accepting responsibility for their reproductive actions is the answer. Why blame men? Stop being the poor helpless victim. And stop making the unborn child the victim by mudering him/her.

perhaps if more MEN stood up and took responsibility for their actions so many women wouldn't be seeking abortions. Leave it to a man to lay all the blame for reproduction on women....after all , they just had fun, it's the woman who got herself pregnant.

07 Jan 2011 20:38 #14 by daisypusher
More victimhood. Those bad bad men.....

Each year, nearly 1.2 million American women have an abortion to end a pregnancy.

The most common reasons women consider abortion are:

* Birth control (contraceptive) failure. Over half of all women who have an abortion used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant.3
* Inability to support or care for a child.
* To end an unwanted pregnancy.
* To prevent the birth of a child with birth defects or severe medical problems. Such defects are often unknown until routine second-trimester tests are done.
* Pregnancy resulting from rape or incest.
* Physical or mental conditions that endanger the woman's health if the pregnancy is continued.

http://women.webmd.com/tc/abortion-reasons-women-choose-abortion

And

n a recent survey of abortion patients at 11 provider sites around the country, the study authors identified concern for the children women already have as a key factor in their decision to terminate a pregnancy. The reasons women cited as “most important” are that they are not ready for a child or another child (25%), and they cannot afford a baby right now (23%). Nearly four in 10 women surveyed said they had already had all the children they wanted.

http://www.guttmacher.org/media/nr/2005/09/06/index.html

So 40% had all the children they wanted. Interesting. How many of that 23% are because of the man did not man up? Very little I suspect, since there is not an opt out as there is for the woman. By pain of prison, he will comply; man or deadbeat makes no difference. Misandry continues..........

07 Jan 2011 21:13 #15 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote: If you subtract the number of induced abortions by non-residents and unknown residential origin, the rate is actually 35%. National figures (from May 2010, these NYC figures are from 2009) are at 22%. So it's 13% higher, and not as startling when taken in that context. The rates have also declined for the last decade. It's still too high a rate and more needs to be done to improve education and access to birth control.

Here's the actual report: http://radioviceonline.com/wp-content/u ... report.pdf

Don't have time to get into a long discussion here but just need a couple of questions answered here. First of all, the babies of non-residents and women of unknown residential origin don't count as abortions? So those 6% pf babies killed are not even a statistic? And also, you say that 35% is 'not as startling when taken in that context'. More than 1 out of every 3 pregnancies are aborted and that is not that alarming? There is no way that 41% (we are not just dropping the 6% because their mothers residence is unknown, they were still killed) of the women getting pregnant in NY HAVE to have an abortion for health reasons or because they were raped. It is millions being aborted as a form of birth control. It is sick, wrong, and immoral to be ending the lives of 41% of all pregnancies because it is more convenient for them!

07 Jan 2011 21:17 #16 by major bean

archer wrote: perhaps if more MEN stood up and took responsibility for their actions so many women wouldn't be seeking abortions. Leave it to a man to lay all the blame for reproduction on women....after all , they just had fun, it's the woman who got herself pregnant.

Sounds like the age old trick of getting the man to pop the question by becoming pregnant. That is irresponsible.
Depending upon the man to prevent a woman's pregnancy is irresponsible on the woman's part, especially if the couple are not married. Women should accept responsibility for their own bodies and their reproductive functions. That is exactly what they are going to demand whenever they want an abortion; reproductive choice. Why not excercise the choice before pregnancy?

Regards,
Major Bean

07 Jan 2011 21:23 #17 by The Viking

archer wrote:

perhaps if more MEN stood up and took responsibility for their actions so many women wouldn't be seeking abortions. Leave it to a man to lay all the blame for reproduction on women....after all , they just had fun, it's the woman who got herself pregnant.

I am not like that nor do I feel that way at all. Not sure what kind of men you have hung around with, but nice generalization. There should be a national law where a man has to accept financial responsibility no matter what, and custody if the mother does not want it. And if neither does, then the baby goes up for adoption with a certain amount still paid anually out of their taxes for each child they fathered and didn't keep. And if they don't they lose their drivers license or end up in jail. It may big a big boost to the condom industry. I am tired of men shirking all the responsibility. It is what is causing more women to be irresponsible and have abortions as a form of birth control.

07 Jan 2011 21:25 #18 by walktrot
So major bean, you are saying that any man not wearing a condom wants to reproduce. Women then can stop having abortions because the man that didn't wear a condom will raise that child.
rofllol

07 Jan 2011 21:28 #19 by archer
Viking, I was not referring to any particular man, or men in general....I was responding to major bean's post. The men I know are like you, willing to man up to their responsibilities. I wish that were true of all men, and women, but it isn't.

What I know for sure, there was a man involved in all those pregnancies, so 50% of the responsibility of an unwanted pregnancy is his......I don't care how major bean spins it, men need to take their share of the responsibility.

07 Jan 2011 21:32 #20 by major bean

The Viking wrote: I am not like that nor do I feel that way at all. Not sure what kind of men you have hung around with, but nice generalization. There should be a national law where a man has to accept financial responsibility no matter what, and custody if the mother does not want it. And if neither does, then the baby goes up for adoption with a certain amount still paid anually out of their taxes for each child they fathered and didn't keep. And if they don't they lose their drivers license or end up in jail. It may big a big boost to the condom industry. I am tired of men shirking all the responsibility. It is what is causing more women to be irresponsible and have abortions as a form of birth control.

And the women are being responsible by becoming pregnant out of wedlock?
Why not include the women whenever mentioning financial responsibility? And if the mother does not want it why not include financial responsibility from the mother in the national law? That would make it equal. And if neither wants it the amount is taken from both father and mother for each child that they produced.
Let's keep it equal for both sexual partners. Other than that, you are falling into the concept that women do not have to have reproductive responsibility.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds