41 Percent of Pregnancies in New York City Are Aborted

08 Jan 2011 13:21 #41 by The Viking

major bean wrote: What ever happened to individual responsibility? It sounds as if the age old ploy of women blaming men for their plight is continuing. I thought that several decades ago women wanted to determine their own destinies, be their own person, control their reproductive rights.

Come on! Let's see some of that personal responsibility expressed here by the liberated women. Step up to the plate.

I have said this time and time again. Personal Responsibility is what is lacking and what is destroying this nation. And the majority of the liberals and some Republicans I think would love to see those words taken out of the dictionary as they don't believe in them. It is the condoms fault or the pill for not working or the guy who didn't wear one, or the lady who swore it was a safe time or that she was on birth control. It wasn't my fault that I had sex with someone I didn't want to have a child with. BULL SH**!! Other than rape, if you get pregnant or get a lady pregnant, it is your PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!! You have to own up to it. If you don't know that having sex is how you get pregnant, then you need to take a sex education class or not have sex at all. You can not just say oops, can you kill this thing for me, I was drunk and didn't mean to have sex with him.

Why are so many mainly liberals against taking personal responsibility? With anything?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2011 13:26 #42 by ShilohLady

daisypusher wrote: ...
So 40% had all the children they wanted. Interesting. .......

If they had all the children they wanted, why don't they get their tubes tied? Take their own responsibility and not rely on other forms of birth control which are not 100% guaranteed.

... my sister had planned on only 3 kids, the first 2 were cesarean so had planned on having her tubes tied when delivering her 3rd kid. He had other ideas though and came vaginally the day before her scheduled c-section. She didn't get it done then and by the time she got around to scheduling it, found out she was pregnant again. She had her 4th child but said that she refused to leave the hospital until her tubes were tied :)

08 Jan 2011 13:32 #43 by The Viking

ShilohLady wrote:

If they had all the children they wanted, why don't they get their tubes tied? Take their own responsibility and not rely on other forms of birth control which are not 100% guaranteed.

... my sister had planned on only 3 kids, the first 2 were cesarean so had planned on having her tubes tied when delivering her 3rd kid. He had other ideas though and came vaginally the day before her scheduled c-section. She didn't get it done then and by the time she got around to scheduling it, found out she was pregnant again. She had her 4th child but said that she refused to leave the hospital until her tubes were tied :)

Excellent point! My sister-in-law did the same thing. After their 4th child she had her tubes tied before she left the hospital. But again, that is personal responsibility. And 40% of those in that survey obviously don't have any! If they are done having kids, then why have sex when you can get pregnant and have to have an abortion. That is a huge number to me. 40% are totally irresponsible. If you are done then why not do something about it. They say they want control over their body, well they have it. They say they want choice? Well, they have it. Choose to tie your tubes so you don't have to worry about having an abortion if you are done having kids. But like I said, half the population does not believe in personal responsibility.

08 Jan 2011 13:33 #44 by archer

The Viking wrote: Why are so many mainly liberals against taking personal responsibility? With anything?

That statement is untrue, I don't know any liberals who do not believe in personal responsibility, in fact they tend to take it a step further and not only take responsibility for themselves but also for making life better for others.

As for this topic.......major bean seems to think that all the responsibility for unwanted, or unexpected children is solely that of women.....cool, men get a free pass, no responsibility for them. I thought that kind of thinking went out with the dark ages, but apparently not.

08 Jan 2011 13:53 #45 by The Viking

archer wrote:

The Viking wrote: Why are so many mainly liberals against taking personal responsibility? With anything?

That statement is untrue, I don't know any liberals who do not believe in personal responsibility, in fact they tend to take it a step further and not only take responsibility for themselves but also for making life better for others.

You guys need to look up personal responsibiliy. Liberals believe that taking OTHER peoples money and giving it to others who THEY think need it, is personal responsibility and that they should get credit for it. Not even close!

Welfare the way it use to be helping those who really need it, is not the same as the welfare nation liberals have created today. And bailing out everything and everyone is personal responsibility?? Really? The terms, 'Bailing out and personal responsibility' are totally opposite but liberals don't see it that way.

08 Jan 2011 14:11 #46 by archer
really viking? and personal responsibility on the part of conservatives means letting people get sick or die rather than make available to them basic healthcare, letting seniors live in poverty rather than have SS, letting the infrastructure of this nation fall into ruin rather than have all Americans pay their fair share in taxes, let the gulf between the haves and the have nots increase each and every year..... I think I like liberal personal responsibility better than the conservatives.

08 Jan 2011 14:30 #47 by The Viking

archer wrote: really viking? and personal responsibility on the part of conservatives means letting people get sick or die rather than make available to them basic healthcare, letting seniors live in poverty rather than have SS, letting the infrastructure of this nation fall into ruin rather than have all Americans pay their fair share in taxes, let the gulf between the haves and the have nots increase each and every year..... I think I like liberal personal responsibility better than the conservatives.

So are you telling me that forcing OTHER people to spend more of THEIR money to take care of others, makes you and other liberals personaly responsible people? And you should get the credit for reaching in one pocket and taking out money and handing it to another person? Was it your money? Did you take the personal responsibility of working for it to earn it to give to those people? Or are liberals just the heros because they know how to take money from hard workers who earn it?

And define 'Fair Share' of taxes.

Pelosi spent over $5.7 trillion in the 4 years she was in control of the House and unemployment went from under 5% to al,ost 10% with all that money. Why do people have to pay more taxes just because Pelosi had an open checkbook that did nothing for this nation and showed no personal responsibility at all?

08 Jan 2011 14:48 #48 by major bean

archer wrote: We have, and we did....but you keep on blaming women for getting pregnant like they are all immaculate conceptions. Then, you complain we don't take responsibility for decisions on our own destinies, but if we do, you bitch that we don't have that right. Make up your mind, if women take all the responsibility for getting pregnant then they can take the responsibility for keeping or aborting that pregnancy.....right?

This very strongly implies that you think that women are not responsible for getting pregnant.

And after she decides to become pregnant, the decision is made. Some decisions are immutable and this is one. Women cannot continue to be fickle. The "change my mind" option is not an option after conception. Women just want to deny responsibility, blame a man, and then try to clean up a mess from a foolish decision that will alter their life forever. Very immature.
That is simple enough even you cannot complicate it.

Regards,
Major Bean

08 Jan 2011 15:28 #49 by Residenttroll returns
There are no repercussions in sexual activity today...that's why every is hopping like rabbits. If you don't want a child, kill it in the womb. If you don't want to pay for it, don't worry the taxpayers will grow it up in the village. I could go on. It is about responsibility.

08 Jan 2011 16:38 #50 by major bean

ShilohLady wrote:

Thank you. Your's is a voice of reason.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds