41 Percent of Pregnancies in New York City Are Aborted

08 Jan 2011 20:21 #91 by archer

major bean wrote:

archer wrote: You just stated your feelings...if a guy can get a girl into bed, by whatever means, and she gets pregnant he gets off scott free. Thanks for clarifying that.

Please point out where I stated anything near your conclusion.

Oh....so you DO think a man should be held responsible for any children he creates, even if it was just a one night stand?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2011 20:23 #92 by major bean

archer wrote:

Nmysys wrote:
BTW Major, I have been agreeing all through this topic with what you have steadfastly stood for. Old school personal responsibility. Its a shame it is so passe to people today.

Why does old school personal responsibility only apply to women and not men? You guys must really get off on being absolved of any responsibility for the children you create by design or by accident.

Who the hell said that?

Regards,
Major Bean

08 Jan 2011 20:24 #93 by major bean

archer wrote: Oh....so you DO think a man should be held responsible for any children he creates, even if it was just a one night stand?

Are you communicating with UFOs or something? Hearing voices in your head? Because nothing of that sort has been posted.

Regards,
Major Bean

08 Jan 2011 20:26 #94 by Travelingirl
MB-you're just way over their heads. I get it and you're right!

08 Jan 2011 20:28 #95 by major bean
travelingirl, thanks for being the modern woman and accepting mature responsibilities. If men can reciprocate our culture will advance quite a bit and all children will have better homes from which to launch into the world.

Regards,
Major Bean

08 Jan 2011 20:35 #96 by archer
well mr bean.....since you refuse to actually state what you believe......what else can we do but try to extrapolate your beliefs from your rantings and ravings?

Why can't you just tell us what you believe mens responsibilities are in the situation of a child resulting from, in your words, irresponsible relationships? So far you have laid the blame for unwanted pregnancies solely on the womans shoulders.....but she didn't do it alone now did she.

08 Jan 2011 20:35 #97 by archer
sorry.....it double posted

08 Jan 2011 21:18 #98 by Travelingirl
Besides, who wants a broken heart?

08 Jan 2011 21:53 #99 by Sunshine Girl

travelingirl wrote:

major bean wrote: Sunsine Girl, was I supposed to react angrily or something? All I can see is that reason has gone out the door and you are trying to insult. That reminds me of name calling in grade school.

Women should take responsibility for their own bodies. Agree?
Women should not depend upon their current bed partner to look out for their best interest. Agree?
Women should determine whether or not they become pregnant. Agree?
Women should plan ahead of time what methods of birth control they are going to use and then use it. Agree?
If a woman does not accept these responsibilities and then becomes pregnant, it is her fault. Agree?

Now how does this make me have a SPS? Or is it that you have lost this disagreement and want to have it degenerate into a name calling, insulting, abusive free for all where you can swim with ease?

(By the way, I realize that your post was directed to archer and LJ, but i also know that it is quite the childish tact to talk about someone else and insult them by addressing others. It is done all the time in the hallways of the junior high schools.)

:bravo:

Oh please! MB I happen to REALLY think that and always have. If you feel that you fit into that category then you most likely do. TG I'm sure you approve of him calling a poster a slut on here but you're offended by this post? Hum is all I can say.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

08 Jan 2011 21:55 #100 by Sunshine Girl

Nmysys wrote: SG:

I don't know what you were trying to say to me. Yes, I had a vasectomy in 1968. So what. It just meant I was shooting blanks. It never has bothered me or affected my sex drive. The reason I wrote it was in response to Whats Ups remarks much earlier in the thread. I had it done when my wife was pregnant with our fourth child. I believe it was the responsible thing for a man to do, and did it. So?

BTW Major, I have been agreeing all through this topic with what you have steadfastly stood for. Old school personal responsibility. Its a shame it is so passe to people today.

What shocked me was that you were old enough to have one in '68.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds