41 Percent of Pregnancies in New York City Are Aborted

08 Jan 2011 21:56 #101 by Sunshine Girl

major bean wrote: travelingirl, thanks for being the modern woman and accepting mature responsibilities. If men can reciprocate our culture will advance quite a bit and all children will have better homes from which to launch into the world.

rofllol :rofl rofllol :rofl rofllol :rofl

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2011 22:01 #102 by major bean
Sunshine Girl, I did not say that I fit into that catagory, as you well know. That is just snipy adolescent reasoning and stuff that you never grew out of. Enough of all of this immature stuff. Raise your daughters however you want and comfort them all that you can whenever they come home pregnant. But do not counsel them to get an abortion, because the blood will also be upon your head if you do. And some things cannot be undone and repentence will do not good. To take a life is forever.
Good night.

Regards,
Major Bean

08 Jan 2011 22:02 #103 by Travelingirl

Sunshine Girl wrote:

travelingirl wrote:

major bean wrote: Sunsine Girl, was I supposed to react angrily or something? All I can see is that reason has gone out the door and you are trying to insult. That reminds me of name calling in grade school.

Women should take responsibility for their own bodies. Agree?
Women should not depend upon their current bed partner to look out for their best interest. Agree?
Women should determine whether or not they become pregnant. Agree?
Women should plan ahead of time what methods of birth control they are going to use and then use it. Agree?
If a woman does not accept these responsibilities and then becomes pregnant, it is her fault. Agree?

Now how does this make me have a SPS? Or is it that you have lost this disagreement and want to have it degenerate into a name calling, insulting, abusive free for all where you can swim with ease?

(By the way, I realize that your post was directed to archer and LJ, but i also know that it is quite the childish tact to talk about someone else and insult them by addressing others. It is done all the time in the hallways of the junior high schools.)

:bravo:

Oh please! MB I happen to REALLY think that and always have. If you feel that you fit into that category then you most likely do. TG I'm sure you approve of him calling a poster a slut on here but you're offended by this post? Hum is all I can say.

MB calls it like he sees it...you'll need to take his terminology up with him. It's evident I agree with his premise that smart, savvy women are personally responsible. That's all. Hum.

08 Jan 2011 22:11 #104 by Sunshine Girl

travelingirl wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote:

travelingirl wrote:

major bean wrote: Sunsine Girl, was I supposed to react angrily or something? All I can see is that reason has gone out the door and you are trying to insult. That reminds me of name calling in grade school.

Women should take responsibility for their own bodies. Agree?
Women should not depend upon their current bed partner to look out for their best interest. Agree?
Women should determine whether or not they become pregnant. Agree?
Women should plan ahead of time what methods of birth control they are going to use and then use it. Agree?
If a woman does not accept these responsibilities and then becomes pregnant, it is her fault. Agree?

Now how does this make me have a SPS? Or is it that you have lost this disagreement and want to have it degenerate into a name calling, insulting, abusive free for all where you can swim with ease?

(By the way, I realize that your post was directed to archer and LJ, but i also know that it is quite the childish tact to talk about someone else and insult them by addressing others. It is done all the time in the hallways of the junior high schools.)

:bravo:

Oh please! MB I happen to REALLY think that and always have. If you feel that you fit into that category then you most likely do. TG I'm sure you approve of him calling a poster a slut on here but you're offended by this post? Hum is all I can say.

MB calls it like he sees it...you'll need to take his terminology up with him. It's evident I agree with his premise that smart, savvy women are personally responsible. That's all. Hum.

TG.........I, myself, am a VERY smart, VERY savvy, and an extremely responsible female. I am NOT a conservative, republican and yet I still manage to be all of the before mentioned things. Go figure. I take responsibility for my own body and I would NEVER let any man or woman tell me what I can, or can not do with it. I DO believe that a lot of men do not feel EQUALLY responsible if a sexual act results in a pregnancy. Guess what TG - I call it as I see it too. Just refer to my prior posts to MB and I think you'll get my drift. :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

08 Jan 2011 22:11 #105 by archer

travelingirl wrote: MB calls it like he sees it...you'll need to take his terminology up with him. It's evident I agree with his premise that smart, savvy women are personally responsible. That's all. Hum.

And no one here disagreed with that......women should, and mostly do take responsibility for thier own actions, if sometimes reluctantly. But what has been asked, and asked, and never answered is if men should shoulder 50% of the responsibility for not bringing an unwanted child into this world, or if it happens, do they bear half the responsibility for that child? Where are all the smart, savvy men? or do they get a pass and can be stupid neanderthals and walk away from the not so smart woman who went and got herself pregnant and leave her with all the responsibility?

08 Jan 2011 22:19 #106 by daisypusher
What has not been addressed is that if a woman does not want to raise the child she does not have to. By law, women are not required to be responsible.

08 Jan 2011 22:23 #107 by Sunshine Girl

archer wrote:

travelingirl wrote: MB calls it like he sees it...you'll need to take his terminology up with him. It's evident I agree with his premise that smart, savvy women are personally responsible. That's all. Hum.

And no one here disagreed with that......women should, and mostly do take responsibility for thier own actions, if sometimes reluctantly. But what has been asked, and asked, and never answered is if men should shoulder 50% of the responsibility for not bringing an unwanted child into this world, or if it happens, do they bear half the responsibility for that child? Where are all the smart, savvy men? or do they get a pass and can be stupid neanderthals and walk away from the not so smart woman who went and got herself pregnant and leave her with all the responsibility?

I'll answer that question. YES, men should be 50% responsible if a sexual act results in a pregnancy. Period.

08 Jan 2011 22:24 #108 by archer

daisypusher wrote: What has not been addressed is that if a woman does not want to raise the child she does not have to. By law, women are not required to be responsible.

and many men choose not to be responsible, which leaves us where? If, however, you think women who choose to end a pregnancy take it lightly, then you haven't been paying attention. It is an agonizing decision for many women, and often precipitated by the fact that they are alone, they are unable, or unwilling, to shoulder the responsibility alone. Maybe if more men stepped up to the plate when there is an unexpected pregnancy there would be fewer hard choices for women. But hey....men get to play, and women get to pay.....that seems to be the theme here tonight.

08 Jan 2011 22:26 #109 by Sunshine Girl

08 Jan 2011 22:29 - 08 Jan 2011 22:37 #110 by daisypusher
I am not referring to abortion. Women can drop the baby off within a specified period of time, not to mention adoption. Yet, it seems that some people are hell bent on having a double standard for men. Like some women are not ready to be mothers, some men may not be ready as well. Yet, instead of the understanding that we expect people to give women, these men get hatred. Gender equality seems to be lacking.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds