41 Percent of Pregnancies in New York City Are Aborted

10 Jan 2011 10:52 #131 by Travelingirl
We see things differently SC. Thanks for your research.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2011 11:14 #132 by ScienceChic
I know we do and I really like you and respect your opinion. It's why I was hoping that you would give my information and point of view a thoughtful look-over. We have much we can learn from one another and when we take that increased knowledge back to our children, communities, etc then we all benefit, do we not?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jan 2011 16:15 #133 by Sunshine Girl
Quoted from SC: "I in no way disagree that women and men need to take more responsibility before unintended consequences, and I would like to see effective programs implemented that achieve that goal. Obviously what's in place now isn't working well enough. There also needs to be a shift in attitudes and support - teen girls shouldn't feel that they need to abort because "a baby would mess up their life plans" - there should be enough support available that they can carry the baby, deliver, and give him/her up for adoption without it affecting their school or work. Better prenatal care and time off without it affecting their student or work status, for example. It's confounding to me that married couples would "accidentally" get pregnant and choose to abort - they are more likely to have financial means and be better informed about birth control so this situation shouldn't even occur - the question is, how to reduce this situation from arising?"
:yeahthat:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

10 Jan 2011 16:43 #134 by Nmysys
It seems to me SC and SG that is what we (Viking and I ) were advocating earlier in this topic. We finally agree on this subject.

10 Jan 2011 18:07 #135 by ScienceChic
We always did Nmysys. It's the methods by which to reduce abortion rates that we disagree on. What I posted above and advocate for requires an education program that states all the facts and conatins no code of morality - that's for parents to do and children to develop on their own.

The additional support so that teens get help staying in school and unwed mothers keep their jobs will likely require monetary assistance, or a whole lot of volunteer time and money - would you be good with that or have another idea of how we could go about it?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jan 2011 18:12 #136 by Sunshine Girl
I am still Pro Choice, but I do agree.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds