The progressive “climate of hate:” An illustrated primer

10 Jan 2011 20:21 #101 by archer

travelingirl wrote: Sorry Archer...I just can't paint a better picture for you. Somewhere in another thread I listed many of her posts from yesterday, or maybe you can mosey back to her post about the tragedy and then you'll get it.

....you were using a word to bash a fellow poster without having any real idea what it means.....got it.

the use of that word has been bugging me all day....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2011 20:24 #102 by Travelingirl
I edited my post to help you understand. Getting old sucks huh? That's what I tell my kids when they try to explain certain things to me and I don't get it so I completely understand!

Please go back an re-read it. I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about...so many assumptions, so little time!

Oh, and correction. It wasn't used to bash, it was used to define.

10 Jan 2011 21:06 #103 by Travelingirl
Just wondering if the word "exploit" would better define what LJ is/was doing? I like that word better. Thanks Archer.

10 Jan 2011 21:26 #104 by jf1acai
Rather than trying to outdo each other with you and your side have done it too, has anyone considered what might be done to improve the situation, and get around all this endless name calling?

Just a thought for the night.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

10 Jan 2011 21:36 #105 by archer
Each and every one of us here has exploited this tragedy, as have the national media organizations, as have a huge number of people on the internet, even our elected representatives on both sides of the aisle. We're all guilty of that......don't try and single out LJ, this has been a group effort in misinformation and innuendo.

I will support all those, from LJ, to the sheriff, to the congressmen and women, to many media pundits that have said the climate of violence.....the vitriol and hatred that was spewed over the last election, does this country no favors, whether it spawns such attacks or not....it needs to stop, and we as a nation need to get back to the business of coming together in common need, not tearing each other apart in our anger. I will admit it's going to be hard for me to do that after being told on this board that the purpose of conservatism is to rid this nation of liberals, even if it means shooting every one of them till they capitulate. I see rough waters ahead if that kind of thought prevails over reason and common sense.

10 Jan 2011 21:50 #106 by Travelingirl
No Archer - each and everyone of us has NOT exploited this tragedy. Your friend LJ has. I called her out on it. I did yesterday and again today. She hasn't denied it and yet you defend her and try to lump me and my conservative friends in with her. Disgusting.

Yes I agree jf1, we should have come together on this and I attempted to do so by posting a dedication in the Campfire last night to the ones who lost their lives in hopes the inflammatory posting would stop.

10 Jan 2011 21:56 #107 by archer

travelingirl wrote: No Archer - each and everyone of us has NOT exploited this tragedy. Your friend LJ has. I called her out on it. I did yesterday and again today. She hasn't denied it and yet you defend her and try to lump me and my conservative friends in with her. Disgusting.

My, my....pretty defensive there. Ok, you are totally blameless, the right has done nothing but be reasonable today....they love everybody......but they still want to kill us.....I guess we should over look that little statement. Put your pretty little conservative glasses back on and have a nice evening.

10 Jan 2011 22:03 #108 by Travelingirl
I don't think you still get it Archer but :Whatever:

Night.

11 Jan 2011 09:11 #109 by Rick

archer wrote:

travelingirl wrote: No Archer - each and everyone of us has NOT exploited this tragedy. Your friend LJ has. I called her out on it. I did yesterday and again today. She hasn't denied it and yet you defend her and try to lump me and my conservative friends in with her. Disgusting.

they love everybody......but they still want to kill us.....

Can you be more specific about who "they" are?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Jan 2011 09:15 #110 by Nmysys
Remember the Right Wing Conspiracy that the Clinton Administration brought up. Its back!!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds