Kill Christians and Jews...it's OK

17 Feb 2011 21:59 #41 by Nmysys

Don't go talking sense to them BB, it will take away their boogie man.

What sense? BB has spent time in the middle East and to him the people of the area are good decent people. I respect that experience that he has. My experiences are totally different and being of the Jewish faith I find a hatred in the Muslim Faith against what I believe. So far BB has shown respect to me so I cannot fault him for his feelings and thoughts, You on the other hand are mocking us who believe that there is a danger to us in the Western World. You don't have to believe it. That is your right but someday you might wake up and hopefully see the danger in a Religion that calls for your death. We have and until it is proven to us that the Muslim people don't believe their own Bible, the Koran, we will believe as we do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2011 05:44 #42 by outdoor338
TM, maybe you should read some of LJ's posts and decide for yourself..I didn't hear many blame illegals for the AZ shooting!

18 Feb 2011 07:26 #43 by Pony Soldier

Nmysys wrote:

Don't go talking sense to them BB, it will take away their boogie man.

What sense? BB has spent time in the middle East and to him the people of the area are good decent people. I respect that experience that he has. My experiences are totally different and being of the Jewish faith I find a hatred in the Muslim Faith against what I believe. So far BB has shown respect to me so I cannot fault him for his feelings and thoughts, You on the other hand are mocking us who believe that there is a danger to us in the Western World. You don't have to believe it. That is your right but someday you might wake up and hopefully see the danger in a Religion that calls for your death. We have and until it is proven to us that the Muslim people don't believe their own Bible, the Koran, we will believe as we do.

Of course there is a danger to us and to everyone in the world. Believe it if you want, but don't walk around expecting doomsday to happen at any moment. That's a crappy way to live your life - scared all the time. Is there anything you, personally, can do to stop an attack from happening? If so, do it then move on. Quit being scared of your own shadow and quit being scared of the propaganda.

18 Feb 2011 07:31 #44 by Pony Soldier

outdoor338 wrote: TM, maybe you should read some of LJ's posts and decide for yourself..I didn't hear many blame illegals for the AZ shooting!

Yes, I've read plenty of LJ's posts and she can flame with the best of you. There were at least two people who immediately jumped to the conclusion that an illegal was responsible. It was something along the lines of "Will Oblama finally do something about the border?" followed by the typical ditto head response - "Yeah That!!"

18 Feb 2011 07:48 #45 by Rick
I remember that thread and don't recall anyone blaming illegals...do you have the actual quote?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Feb 2011 08:44 #46 by bailey bud
I'll speak to those verses.

The Quran has a number of passages that allude to the rampant paganism that was practiced during Muhammad's day.

The practices were wide-spread - and even tolerated by Christians, as well as Jews.

The passages you cited - were alluding to very specific people, from a specific time in history.

Jihadists take it out of context - and use the passage to justify Islamic revolution (that is the opinion of Muftis from Cairo, Mecca, and Medina - the three highest authorities in Sunni Islam).

Critics of Islam are happy to cite the passages out-of-context to prove that Islam is a religion of conquest.

There's one tiny problem here --- you can do the same thing with the Bible (read the book of Joshua).

The most common critical reading method applied to the Quran by Christians (proof-texting) - when applied to the Bible - would lead to the exact same conclusions.

If you insist on quoting passages from the Quran - there's two possible conclusions:
- both Islam and Christianity are religions of conquest (LJ would likely agree with that conclusion)
- the critical method is flawed. (i.e. - we can't read the religious text and draw conclusions without context).

Nymsys - I understand your view --- so does my friend Sami Awad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC0NtpV5VWM

18 Feb 2011 08:47 #47 by Nobody that matters

bailey bud wrote: The person being discussed is not widely accepted in Islam.

He has the title "Sheikh" - but "Rev. Fred Phelps" has the title "Reverend." They're about the same in stature --- i.e. --- neither is worth paying much heed to.

To give you an idea of how big the group is --- Salafi jihadism has about 2-300 adherents. (smaller than Westboro Baptist).
They criticize Hamas for not being sufficiently Islamic (Hamas has rejected their calls for global jihad). The Palestinian Authority and Hamas make a practice of hunting them down and detaining them. In fact, Hamas has killed members of this faction in response to their attempts to Islamisize Gaza.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 03726.html

I think it's a mistake to quote these clowns, and portray all of Palestine with them.

That's some great info, Bailey Bud thanks for sharing. I'll admit to ignorance of who has power over there and who's just a crackpot spouting nonsense. The comparison to Phelps drove it home - as a christian, I'd hate to be judged according to his beliefs.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

18 Feb 2011 08:48 #48 by Mayhem

bailey bud wrote: I'll speak to those verses.

The Quran has a number of passages that allude to the rampant paganism that was practiced during Muhammad's day.

The practices were wide-spread - and even tolerated by Christians, as well as Jews.

The passages you cited - were alluding to very specific people, from a specific time in history.

Jihadists take it out of context - and use the passage to justify Islamic revolution (that is the opinion of Muftis from Cairo, Mecca, and Medina - the three highest authorities in Sunni Islam).

Critics of Islam are happy to cite the passages out-of-context to prove that Islam is a religion of conquest.

There's one tiny problem here --- you can do the same thing with the Bible (read the book of Joshua).

The most common critical reading method applied to the Quran by Christians (proof-texting) - when applied to the Bible - would lead to the exact same conclusions.

If you insist on quoting passages from the Quran - there's two possible conclusions:
- both Islam and Christianity are religions of conquest (LJ would likely agree with that conclusion)
- the critical method is flawed. (i.e. - we can't read the religious text and draw conclusions without context).

Nymsys - I understand your view --- so does my friend Sami Awad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC0NtpV5VWM

Hey 285bound has its own sjewett :lol:

18 Feb 2011 09:07 #49 by Mayhem
Hey Bahrain Bud, how is it if "infidels" read the quran and point out what it says that is out of context. But if some ahmed in filthy pyjamas reads it and does what it says that is okay. Because he is muslim he is allowed to interpret it as he pleases? He doesn't have you around to explain the subtle nuances that the author intended? You sound just like this twit from the CIA who is going around hawking his book on Osama. He actually had the audacity to suggest that freedom has different definitions. Book madness is a dangerous thing.

18 Feb 2011 09:39 #50 by bailey bud
To your average every-day Muslim - these guys are punks and crooks. They don't have much legitimacy in society.

These clowns rape and distort the Quran the same way that Phelps distorts and rapes the Bible.

Here in the USA - we'd call Salafi jihadists "gang violence." A few might call them "religious fanatics."

Since they're in Palestine - we call it "Islamic Terrorism" - and we assume their values are widely shared in Palestine. They're not.

I might add that I'm not an infidel in the eyes of my Muslim friends. I'm "a la kitab" (Person of the book).

I haven't written - and don't intend to write a book on this topic. I think I'd agree that the Middle-Eastern concept of freedom is very different than the American definition of freedom.

That said - I no reservations with defending your average every-day Muslim.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds