Can you question patriotism?

11 Mar 2011 07:43 #1 by Mayhem
If there is one thing that gets a liberal it is calling them out on whether or not their conduct is that of a patriot. Note I said conduct. A thought, or a belief is not conduct. Then there are those who believe they are beyond reproach. The glaring example of this around here would be

guntottingliberal wrote: I am an Honorably Discharged Veteran. I served 6 years active duty in the United States Navy. 5 years in the Naval Reserves. 8 years as a contractor for the United States Navy. And currently 2 years as a contractor for the US Dept of Commerce. I served my country and continue to serve my country. If you want to question my patriotism because you disagree with my views on the environment, first ask yourself what have you done for your country.

What we have here is another life spent on the govt. tit. No clue of how money is made. There are plenty of people who are joining the military and military reserves for reasons other than love of country. Some are joining for the carrots that the recruiters are dangling. Some are joining just so they can undermine the efforts of the military. Some are joining out of frustration with home life. According to John "I once served in Vietnam" Kerry some are joining out of desperation. Point is not everyone who joins the military is doing it because they are a patriot in their heart.

Spending your working life living off the taxpayers tit doesn't make you a patriot. And claiming it does makes you look like an ass. The guys and gals who get up every day and go and bust their hump on the farm, mine, oil field, factory, office, etc etc and pay huge portions of their income in taxes to the govt. are patriots. But they don't walk around beating on their chest going "Look what a good boy am I" do they?

And if all you have to to offer up in defense of you views on the environment, (whatever they are) is how many years you have sucked off the taxpayers, pretty much says your environmental positions don't pass the giggle test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2011 08:12 #2 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Can you question patriotism?
I'm not truly certain that I understand exactly where you are going with this one BB. That is from a post of someone who is definitely campaigning for a seat with IREA. I, for one don't doubt the Patriotism of anyone who has served honorably with our Armed Forces, but, I do agree that is chest pounding.

Patriotism isn't measured by words IMO, but by actions, such as serving, Flying our Flag, Pledging Allegiance to our Flag, helping with charitable events for our Troops, etc.

I am learning that many that call themselves Liberals, are still Patriotic, just have a different vision of what that means. It is the reason I have been softening up on the attacks as of late.

Someone wrote yesterday, something I have written previously, that this seems to be the Plan of those behind the Administration, to pit us against each other while behind the scenes their agenda is pushed on all of us. The only difference as I see it is that some of us are seemingly more aware of what they seem to be dong than others. The truth is basically, we are all in this together!

11 Mar 2011 08:14 #3 by LadyJazzer
[sarcasm]Yeah, I guess you could say that about most veterans, huh? Serving 6 years in the USNavy is "6 years on the public tit"?[/sarcasm]

Real class... (But then you wouldn't know class if it bit you in the a$$.)

And tell us, Toady, how many years did YOU serve?

11 Mar 2011 08:47 #4 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Can you question patriotism?

LadyJazzer wrote: [sarcasm]Yeah, I guess you could say that about most veterans, huh? Serving 6 years in the USNavy is "6 years on the public tit"?[/sarcasm]

Real class... (But then you wouldn't know class if it bit you in the a$$.)

And tell us, Toady, how many years did YOU serve?

Go brush your tooth fish breath.

11 Mar 2011 08:50 #5 by LadyJazzer
I'll take that as a "NO"...

11 Mar 2011 08:54 #6 by AspenValley
I would agree that serving in the military isn't proof of patriotism, to some it is just a job like any other. I don't think I'd describe it as "sucking on the public tit" because whatever the attitude of the individual, they ARE still performing a service that benefits their country. I also don't think you have to serve in the military to "prove" your patriotism. My grandmother lost 3 sons in WWII. After the first brother was killed, the others had the option of being transferred to non-combac areas. They asked my grandmother what she thought and she said that after losing one son, she hoped the survivors would fight in whatever capacity they thought most honored their brother's life. They chose to return to combat and were killed within four months of the loss of their first brother. I don't know of any higher patriotism than that of my grandmother, willing to bear the ultimate sacrifice of her own sons for her country.

11 Mar 2011 08:55 #7 by deltamrey
BB may or may not have served - anything but himself. There are a lot of old hippie losers up here that are draft dodgers and cowards to the core. They attack courage and service because of the massive shame they carry.......IF an able man did not serve in harms way he is no man at all but a whiner pile of dog crap. There are no excuses.

11 Mar 2011 08:58 #8 by Mayhem

Nmysys wrote: I'm not truly certain that I understand exactly where you are going with this one BB. That is from a post of someone who is definitely campaigning for a seat with IREA. I, for one don't doubt the Patriotism of anyone who has served honorably with our Armed Forces, but, I do agree that is chest pounding.

Patriotism isn't measured by words IMO, but by actions, such as serving, Flying our Flag, Pledging Allegiance to our Flag, helping with charitable events for our Troops, etc.

I am learning that many that call themselves Liberals, are still Patriotic, just have a different vision of what that means. It is the reason I have been softening up on the attacks as of late.

Someone wrote yesterday, something I have written previously, that this seems to be the Plan of those behind the Administration, to pit us against each other while behind the scenes their agenda is pushed on all of us. The only difference as I see it is that some of us are seemingly more aware of what they seem to be dong than others. The truth is basically, we are all in this together!

It is pretty self explanatory Nmysys. This tactic is used all the time by lefties. McCain is a great example. He acts like an ass and does things against the citizens and then we all get reminded we can't question his actions because he was a POW. Or the libs roll out a bunch of bimbos who were widowed in 9/11 and we have to endure their horses..t rants given to them by the libs and not rebut because they are 9/11 widows.

What would you do if someone came up to you and said I've been married to the same woman for 50 years, I have ten great kids and five grandchildren, dont question my views on the environment? You might need help from pissing yourself laughing if you had a normal reaction, right?

11 Mar 2011 08:59 #9 by Mayhem

LadyJazzer wrote: I'll take that as a "NO"...

You can take cyanide for all I care.

11 Mar 2011 09:07 #10 by AspenValley

Baileyboy wrote: It is pretty self explanatory Nmysys. This tactic is used all the time by lefties. McCain is a great example. He acts like an ass and does things against the citizens and then we all get reminded we can't question his actions because he was a POW. Or the libs roll out a bunch of bimbos who were widowed in 9/11 and we have to endure their horses..t rants given to them by the libs and not rebut because they are 9/11 widows.

What would you do if someone came up to you and said I've been married to the same woman for 50 years, I have ten great kids and five grandchildren, dont question my views on the environment? You might need help from pissing yourself laughing if you had a normal reaction, right?

Try not to hit your head when you fall over in a faint, but I couldn't agree with you more, except that I don't agree it's just used by "lefties", as in"Don't question my opinions on anything, I served in the military, did you, you liberal scum?". Not that it matters who does it it's still stupid whomever tries to claim some kind of moral high ground on issues that have nothing to do with whether someone served in the military or not.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds