Can you question patriotism?

11 Mar 2011 10:11 #21 by LadyJazzer
Moron... Still haven't answered the question, have you...? "Put up the deflector shields, Scotty, and change the subject!!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2011 10:12 #22 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Can you question patriotism?

LadyJazzer wrote:
Nothing more need be said by me...

Thank God!!

11 Mar 2011 10:35 #23 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Can you question patriotism?

LadyJazzer wrote: Moron... Still haven't answered the question, have you...? "Put up the deflector shields, Scotty, and change the subject!!"

As usual your lack of ability to discuss the merits of the subject leave you naked (God forbid that image)

Does one need to have been president to comment on what a sitting or retired president says?
Does one need to have given birth to discuss a mother's position on the new 2011 Corvette?
Does one need to have had a frontal lobotomy to discuss your worldview?

Your argument is a non argument. See <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9085 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9085<!-- l -->

Thanks T

11 Mar 2011 10:43 #24 by ComputerBreath

Baileyboy wrote: If there is one thing that gets a liberal it is calling them out on whether or not their conduct is that of a patriot. Note I said conduct. A thought, or a belief is not conduct. Then there are those who believe they are beyond reproach. The glaring example of this around here would be

guntottingliberal wrote: I am an Honorably Discharged Veteran. I served 6 years active duty in the United States Navy. 5 years in the Naval Reserves. 8 years as a contractor for the United States Navy. And currently 2 years as a contractor for the US Dept of Commerce. I served my country and continue to serve my country. If you want to question my patriotism because you disagree with my views on the environment, first ask yourself what have you done for your country.

What we have here is another life spent on the govt. tit. No clue of how money is made. There are plenty of people who are joining the military and military reserves for reasons other than love of country. Some are joining for the carrots that the recruiters are dangling. Some are joining just so they can undermine the efforts of the military. Some are joining out of frustration with home life. According to John "I once served in Vietnam" Kerry some are joining out of desperation. Point is not everyone who joins the military is doing it because they are a patriot in their heart.

Spending your working life living off the taxpayers tit doesn't make you a patriot. And claiming it does makes you look like an ass. The guys and gals who get up every day and go and bust their hump on the farm, mine, oil field, factory, office, etc etc and pay huge portions of their income in taxes to the govt. are patriots. But they don't walk around beating on their chest going "Look what a good boy am I" do they?

And if all you have to to offer up in defense of you views on the environment, (whatever they are) is how many years you have sucked off the taxpayers, pretty much says your environmental positions don't pass the giggle test.

The very definition of patriot ("One who loves, supports, and defends one's country") leads me to believe, though this isn't always the case, that former military, veterans, and those that have served in the armed forces of the U.S. ARE without doubt patriots...they have defended their country.

No, this does not mean that non-military related people are not patriots... It also doesn't mean that someone associated with the military and/or our government for the majority of their working life are living off taxpayers...those of us who consider ourselves veterans have paid taxes on what we've made...those working in government jobs are also taxpayers.

Your continuing rants about military veterans "sucking off the tit" and not knowing what the "real" America is all about...not knowing how "real" money is made (has it occurred to you that some of our military worked in the "real" world before they joined? Heck, some even owned their own companies before they joined)...not knowing anything about how the "little people" work...and actually it is denigrating and disrespectful to those of us who served our country honorably in whatever capacity we chose to serve. To a person...the former military members I've met and the veteran's I've met and served with are ALL better people than you...and each and every one of them would put themselves in harm's way to save your sorry, unrespectful, arrogant butt...then they'd go do it again the next day and not complain about it. Can you say the same?

When I signed up for the Air Force at the tender young age of 17, I did not do so to put myself in harm's way...I did so because it was a way for me to further my life...to possibly get an education...to see the world... During my tenure, I became willing to die for the Love, Support, and Defence of my country. So while I may not have started out as your definition of a Patriot because I was going after the carrot dangled in front of me by my recruiter...I certainly ended up a Patriot.

What is your beef with those that have served, whether as a civilian or as a service member?

11 Mar 2011 10:56 #25 by kresspin
Many of you are taking "defends one's country" as explicitly meaning serving in the Armed Forces.

Taking that literally it would mean millions of Americans aren't patriotic because they didn't serve.

Is a person who defends one's country by statements not patriotic?

11 Mar 2011 11:01 #26 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Can you question patriotism?
CB:

He cannot define his beef with Veterans. I don't think that was the point of his OP, though I may be wrong. He was posting about the chest pounding of someone else as his signature line.

But then, because of who BB is, he always gets carried away with his trash talk and argumentative manner. Who and what he is, has no real bearing on anything because unfortunately just like LJ, no offense intended LJ, they both are never going to change how they post or how they treat others.

That being said, thank you again for your service!

Kresspin:

Is a person who defends one's country by statements not patriotic?

I believe I addressed that earlier in this thread. IMO that to me makes one Patriotic!

11 Mar 2011 11:16 #27 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Can you question patriotism?

ComputerBreath wrote:
What is your beef with those that have served, whether as a civilian or as a service member?

Tell me something, because it is obvious that the point of this thread is lost on you. When you want to express an opinion on something you have a passion for (you name it). Do you start in to your opinion with, "Well I served in the military, so don't you dare question me or my point of view or my patriotism" or do you state your case based on the merits of the subject you are discussing. Because something tells me with you it is the latter.

I really don't care what you(generic) have or haven't done in service of your country if you are going to behave like an ass and do something that is to the detriment of a single individual or the entire nation. Military service is not a "Get out of Jail Free" card.

And if you served and retired I say you earned it. That is totally different to serving a single enlistment contract and then using that as a key to the gate to lucrative govt. civilian jobs. Those jobs are on the taxpayer tit as are the retirement benefits. And people who do those jobs have no clue how the real world works. They are insulated. And therefore I have a problem with people who have never spent a day worrying about their pay check bouncing due to the efforts of millions of taxpayers who don't have that guarantee, spouting off on things that will inhibit businesses and people from being able to make a living. I have no time for the "I've got mine so FU" attitude displayed by some.

I am simply pointing out that a military uniform doth not a patriot make. I hope this clears this up for you.

11 Mar 2011 11:23 #28 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Can you question patriotism?
Actually you did clear things up somewhat BB. I have but one suggestion, if you will accept it. How about trying a little harder to put out your thoughts without having to resort to the trashy talk while you are at it.

The point I tried to make is that you alone cannot judge whether or not someone is Patriotic just by one standard alone. When someone has a differing point of view, that alone does not make them any less Patriotic.

When their point of view DOES mean a complete change of what this country stands for, then I do see a problem, but not necessarily an unpatriotic one. Just my opinion.

11 Mar 2011 11:24 #29 by kresspin

Nmysys wrote:
Kresspin:

Is a person who defends one's country by statements not patriotic?[/quote

I believe I addressed that earlier in this thread. IMO that to me makes one Patriotic!

Thank you for your opinion. The question was asked of everyone.

I'm glad that we agree on this point.

11 Mar 2011 12:01 #30 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Can you question patriotism?

Baileyboy wrote:

ComputerBreath wrote:

Tell me something, because it is obvious that the point of this thread is lost on you. When you want to express an opinion on something you have a passion for (you name it). Do you start in to your opinion with, "Well I served in the military, so don't you dare question me or my point of view or my patriotism" or do you state your case based on the merits of the subject you are discussing. Because something tells me with you it is the latter.

I really don't care what you(generic) have or haven't done in service of your country if you are going to behave like an ass and do something that is to the detriment of a single individual or the entire nation. Military service is not a "Get out of Jail Free" card.

And if you served and retired I say you earned it. That is totally different to serving a single enlistment contract and then using that as a key to the gate to lucrative govt. civilian jobs. Those jobs are on the taxpayer tit as are the retirement benefits. And people who do those jobs have no clue how the real world works. They are insulated. And therefore I have a problem with people who have never spent a day worrying about their pay check bouncing due to the efforts of millions of taxpayers who don't have that guarantee, spouting off on things that will inhibit businesses and people from being able to make a living. I have no time for the "I've got mine so FU" attitude displayed by some.

I am simply pointing out that a military uniform doth not a patriot make. I hope this clears this up for you.

Another :goodpost: BB! Keep 'em coming!

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds