BOUNTIFUL BASKETS FOOD CO-OP AT THE MOUNTAIN RESOURCE CENTER

19 Dec 2015 20:50 #11 by elkcreekgeek
We did it again folks...filled the MRC pantry with fresh produce and breads. 12 separate donation forms today...really going to help the MRC brighten the Holidays for those in need. Way to go!!

It was a great day, and it's been a great year. A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has volunteered and helped keep this going. I've made so many wonderful, new friends in this community and I can't wait to see who shows up in 2016. :)

For those of us contributing for protein, the drop is still planned for this Tuesday at 3pm at the MRC. You can still get those last minute contributions in...until 10pm tonight. I'll post here on Monday with info for volunteers and contributors.

I hope you all finish 2015 with joy and love in your lives. Happy Holidays!! See you on Jan. 16th. :) :) :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Dec 2015 13:25 #12 by elkcreekgeek
Happy Monday everyone. Are you ready for some piggy protein? Numbers are in and we have 19 cases to distribute. We're all set on volunteers, so all you need to do is show up and get some meat. :)

Here's how it will work: This is a drive-thru distribution, so you won't even need to get out of your vehicles. Just go to our usual location, the Mountain Resource Center at 11030 Kitty Dr. in Conifer, at 3:00pm tomorrow (Tuesday) and line up in your cars behind the truck on the right-hand side of the road (MRC side.) The volunteers will check your contribution confirmation, get your signature, and load up your car with goodies.

That's all there is to it. We would like to get this done in the usual 20 minute pick-up window. Please note, I can not hold on to cases for anyone without prior authorization. If you don't show up for pick-up, your protein will stay on the truck and you will receive a credit minus a $15 restocking fee per item. Post here if you need someone to pick up for you.

Let me know if you have any questions at all, have a wonderful day, and we'll see you tomorrow at 3:00pm. :)

11 Jan 2016 13:51 #13 by elkcreekgeek
The wait is over!! It's finally participation time again. Woohoo!! :)

Participation is open until tomorrow night at 10pm, but some items will run out, so the sooner the better. Pick-up will be this Saturday, the 16th at the Mountain Resource Center at 12:30pm (volunteer time is 11:30am.)

Here we go:

Kent Mangoes - Approx 8 pounds - Product of Ecuador
(Max 5)
$9.00 ea

Clementine Mandarines - Approx 25 pounds - Product of USA
(Max 5)
$21.00 ea

Large Baking Potatoes - 20 Lbs - Product of Idaho
(Max 5)
$6.00 ea

Juice Pack - Hoping for Apples, Kale, Carrots, Beets, Oranges, Ginger, Lemons, Cucumber, Parsley
(Max 5)
$9.00 ea

Salad Pack - Hoping for Artisan Lettuce, Kale, Cucumbers, Carrots, Tomatoes, Orange Bell Pepper, Avocado, Red/Yellow Onions.
(Max 5)
$11.50 ea

Chili Pack - approx 4 lb Kidney Beans, chili powder, onions, jalapeno, garlic, tomatoes
(Max 5)
$12.00 ea

ORGANIC Olive Oil - From Spain 1 gallon Extra Virgin in a tin
(Max 5)
$27.20 ea

Wrap Pack - 12 in. diameter wraps Approx 6 Count each of Chipotle, Spinach, Tomato & Basil, Garlic & Herb
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Artisan Sourdough Bread - 5 - 20 oz. loaves, naturally leavened
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Tropical Granola - 28 oz - Oats, Honey, Sugar, Coconut oil, dried Pineapple, dried papaya & more Contains Coconut, Macadamia Nut.
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

French Bread Soup Bowls - 15 Count - Approx 6 oz, 6in x 2in - Contains Wheat
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

ORGANIC Original Sweet 9 Grain Bread - 5 loaves - Contains Wheat. Baked in a facility with nuts.
(Max 5)
$12.75 ea

And you can always upgrade to an organic basket for an extra $10.

Have a great week!! Can't wait to see all of you. :)

16 Jan 2016 09:17 #14 by elkcreekgeek
Good morning everyone!! Chilly day out there today...we're going to be distributing from inside to ensure no produce gets frozen. Remember to layer up...especially volunteers.

We have 27 conventional, 1 organic, and 39 add-ons. Volunteer time is 11:30am (I'll be there at 11:15) and pick-up time is 12:30pm. Please remember to bring a copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in. See you in a few. Stay warm! :)

25 Jan 2016 12:38 #15 by elkcreekgeek
Happy Monday everybody!! Hope you are all well. It's contribution time again and we're trying out something new on the website. Go to the Home page at bountifulbaskets.org, scroll down, and you'll find pictures and detailed descriptions of this week's offerings. Hopefully this will help plan our contributions. Let me know what you think.

And while we're at it, let me know what you think of my regular posts: Not enough info? Too much info? I'm thinking with the website change, it may be even more redundant to list the offerings here. Any feedback is appreciated.

Meantime, I will maintain the status quo...so, here are this week's offerings:

Case of Cauliflower - Product of California - Approximately 22 Lb
(Max 5)
$14.50 ea

Pineapple - Approx 22 Lb - From Mexico
(Max 5)
$14.50 ea

Roma Tomato - Product of Mexico - 25 lb.
(Max 5)
$17.00 ea

Salad Pack - Hoping for Iceburg Lettuce, Kale, Cucumbers, Carrots w/tops, Romas, Orange Bell Pepper, Avocado, Red Onion, Romaine
(Max 5)
$11.50 ea

Soup or Stew Pack - Hoping for Lentils, Green Beans, Kale, Bay Leaves, Yellow Onions, Potatoes, Celery, Carrots and Garlic
(Max 5)
$12.00 ea

Chili Pack - approx 4 lb Kidney Beans, chili powder, onions, jalapeno, garlic, tomatoes
(Max 5)
$12.00 ea

Tortilla Pack - 5 dz tortillas total - 1 dz 12 in. flour, 2 dz 8 in. flour, 2 dz 6 in. corn
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Dark Northern Wheatberries - Approx 25 pounds - Product of USA
(Max 5)
$15.00 ea

ORGANIC Blackstrap Molasses - Approx half gallon
(Max 5)
$22.00 ea

French Bread Soup Bowls - 15 Count - Approx 6 oz, 6in x 2in - Contains Wheat
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Assorted Bread Pack (4 loaves English muffin bread, 1 French baguettes)
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

ORGANIC Multigrain Bread with Omega-3 - 5 loaves - Contains Wheat and manufactured in a facility with nuts
(Max 5)
$12.75 ea

And you can always upgrade to an organic basket for an extra $10. Contributions will be open until Tuesday night at 10pm, but the longer you wait the more items may get spoken for. Distribution will be this Saturday at the Mountain Resource Center at 12:30pm.

Have a great week, enjoy the snow, and we'll see you on Saturday!! :)

26 Jan 2016 15:21 #16 by elkcreekgeek
Don't forget to contribute!! bountifulbaskets.org/
Let's get together and keep fresh and inexpensive produce coming to our community! One basket at a time! Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

30 Jan 2016 07:53 #17 by elkcreekgeek
Good morning everyone!! Are you ready for some snow? I sure am....but not until after distribution. ;) it actually looks like it will be warm enough for outside distribution, but we'll see what the wind does.

We have 27 conventional baskets, no organic, and 28 add-ons. Volunteer time is 11:30am (I'll be there around 11:15) and pick-up is from 12:30 to 12:50pm. Please remember to bring a copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in. Have a great morning and we'll see you soon! :)

08 Feb 2016 14:12 #18 by elkcreekgeek
Happy Monday!! It's contribution time and we have special offerings for Chinese New Years and Valentines Day. I know you're all sad that football season is over...fill that emptiness with some fresh produce:

Minneola Tangelo - Approx. 36 lb - Product of Mexico
(Max 5)
$22.50 ea

ORGANIC Roma Tomatoes - Approx 25 lbs - Product of Mexico
(Max 5)
$19.00 ea

Asian Pack - Hoping for Sugar Peas, Broccoli, Bok Choy, Thai Basil, Ginger, Chile de Arbol, Garlic, Celery, Green & Yellow Onion
(Max 5)
$10.50 ea

Steak Topper Pack - Hoping for Portabella Caps, Orange Bell Peppers, Potatoes, Green Chili, Rosemary, Cilantro, Parsley, Lemon,
(Max 5)
$9.50 ea

Fondue Pack - Hoping for Portabella Caps, Sugar Snap Peas, Orange Bell Peppers, Baby Carrots, Small Potatoes, Bananas, Apples, D
(Max 5)
$11.50 ea

DIY Cookies - Decorate your own cookies. 15 heart shaped cookies, with 4 white containers of icing.
(Max 10)
$10.00 ea

Bolillos (Mexican Sub-Sandwich Roll) - 30 Rolls - Contains: Wheat
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Corn Tortilla Chip Variety Pack - 3 pounds, 3 flavors, 1 jalapeno cilantro, 1 ranch, 1 plain. Uncooked and ready to bake/fry
(Max 5)
$7.00 ea

Valentine's Pack - 1 Chocolate Cherry Loaf ( Belgiun Chocolate and Tart Cherries) & 2 Sourdough Round Loaves
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

ORGANIC 100% Honey Whole Wheat Bread - 5 pack
(Max 5)
$12.75 ea

Check out the www.bountifulbaskets.org/ home page for more detailed descriptions. Contributions are open until tomorrow night at 10pm and distribution will be this Saturday at the Mountain Resource Center. Have a great week and we'll see you Saturday! :)

13 Feb 2016 08:48 #19 by elkcreekgeek
Good morning!! It's been a beautiful week and the trend continues....definitely an outdoor distribution day. :)

We have 22 conventional, 4 organic, and 21 add-ons. Volunteer time is 11:30am and pick-up is between 12:30 and 12:50pm. Please remember to bring a copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in.

Enjoy the sunshine!! See you soon. :)

23 Feb 2016 00:16 #20 by elkcreekgeek
Hello everybody! Sorry for the laaate post. :) Hope you all enjoyed a snowy Monday. Contributions are open until tomorrow night. Our numbers are looking a little better...let's keep it up! Current weather forecast has Saturday looking like a beautiful day. Here's the current offerings...contribute soon in case we run out:

Carrots - Approx 25 lbs loose Carrots - Product of Mexico
(Max 5)
$12.50 ea

Pink Lady Apples - Approx 38 lb - Product of Washington
(Max 5)
$30.50 ea

Organic Romanesco - Approx 20 lbs - Product of USA
(Max 5)
$22.50 ea

Italian Pack - Hoping for: Fennel, Eggplant, Mushrooms, Romas, Italian Squash, Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, Onion, Garlic
(Max 5)
$12.00 ea

Salad Pack - Hoping for: Romaine Lettuce, Kale-Chard Mix, Avocado, Grape Tomato, Cucumber, Radish, Red Onion, Celery
(Max 5)
$11.00 ea

Cherry Pecan Granola - 28 oz. - Ingredients: Rolled oats, honey, coconut oil, cherries, pecans, pumpkin seeds, flax and more
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

10 pack of Whole Wheat Sourdough par baked pizza rounds - Approx 8 in.
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Wrap Pack - 12 in. diameter wraps Approx 6 Count each of Chipotle, Spinach, Tomato & Basil, Garlic & Herb
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Italian Bread Pack - 5 total loaves: 1 stick loaf; 1 Rosemary Garlic boule; 3 blunts: 1 Plain, 1 Tomato Basil, 1 Ital
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

ORGANIC Original Sweet 9 Grain Bread - 5 loaves - Contains Wheat. Baked in a facility with nuts.
(Max 5)
$12.75 ea

Don't forget to check the homepage at bountifulbaskets.org/ for more detailed descriptions. Enjoy your snow days tomorrow and we'll see you on Saturday at the Mountain Resource Center. :)

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds