BOUNTIFUL BASKETS FOOD CO-OP AT THE MOUNTAIN RESOURCE CENTER

27 Feb 2016 05:12 #21 by elkcreekgeek
Good morning everyone! Looks like it's gonna be a nice one today...hope the wind stays down for us. We have 32 conventional, 3 organic, and 51 add-ons. Volunteer time is 11:30am (I'll be there at 11:15) and pick-up is between 12:30 and 12:50pm. Please remember to bring a copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in. Have a lovely Saturday morning and we'll see you in a few hours. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2016 12:34 #22 by elkcreekgeek
Happy Bountiful Monday everyone! Hope your weekend was as great as mine was! :) We have some excellent add-ons for this distribution. Get them while you can....I would not be surprised if we run out of some items. Contributions are open until tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 10pm. Distribution will be this Saturday at 12:30pm at the Mountain Resource Center. Please spread the word to your family, friends, and co-workers so we can get our numbers up. Have a wonderful week and we'll see you on Saturday! :)

Blackberry - 12 - 6 oz clamshells - product of Mexico
(Max 5)
$16.50 ea

Mixed Bag of Red, Purple, and Yukon Gold Potatoes - approx 15 Lb bag - Product of USA
(Max 5)
$6.50 ea

Strawberries - 8 - 1 pound containers - Product of Mexico
(Max 5)
$15.00 ea

St Patty s Day Pack - Hoping for: Russet Potatoes, Carrots, Leeks, Rosemary, Kale, Thyme, Parsley, Oranges, Yellow Onion, Bay, G
(Max 5)
$10.50 ea

Salad Pack - Hoping for: Red Leaf Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onions, Endive, Carrots, Radish, Iceberg lettuce, Cucumber, Green Onions,
(Max 5)
$11.00 ea

Lunch Box Pack - Hoping for Pink Lady Apples, Sugar Snap Peas, Bananas, Murcotts, Navel Oranges, Baby Carrots
(Max 5)
$12.00 ea

Sourdough Bread - 5 - 20 oz. loaves, naturally leavened
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Multi Grain Tortilla/Wrap Pack - Two flavors! Spelt: 6-10 inch and 8-8 inch and Nine Grain: 6-10 inch and 8-8 inch
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Baklava Granola - Ingredients: Oats, Honey, Honey Powder, Brown Sugar, Coconut Oil, Macadamia Pieces, Pecan Pieces, Walnut Piece
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Mint Chocolate Chip Cake - 2 pack - Contains Wheat and Green Food Coloring and my children beg for this every year!
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

ORGANIC Multigrain Bread with Omega-3 - 5 loaves - Contains Wheat and manufactured in a facility with nuts
(Max 5)
$12.75 ea

11 Mar 2016 17:34 #23 by elkcreekgeek
Yay for Fridays!! :) We have 34 conventional baskets and 41 add-ons. Distribution will take place tomorrow at the Mountain Resource Center. Volunteer time is 11:30am (I'll be there around 11:15) and pick-up is between 12:30 and 12:50pm. Please remember to bring a copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in. Have a wonderful evening and we'll see you tomorrow!

21 Mar 2016 12:49 #24 by elkcreekgeek
Happy Bountiful Monday everyone!! And a Hammy Monday at that! :) That's right...Uncured Bone-In Spiral Sliced Ham is on the contribution list today. If you haven't tried one yet, I can attest that they are absolutely delicious! "Uncured"; nitrate, nitrite, and antibiotic free; raised humanely; no growth promotants; and vegetarian fed. Here's how it works:

Just add the ham(s) to your contribution as usual (max 5). They are $80 each, but this is a deposit. Actual contribution amount will be $3.99/pound. We will weigh the ham(s) at distribution and you will be credited or charged any difference. Now, here's the important part...you MUST show up at volunteer time when the truck is still there with the scale. That means you need to be at the Mountain Resource Center this Saturday at 11:30am. Feel free to stick around and volunteer, or come back for regular basket and add-on distribution from 12:30-12:50pm. Hope all that makes sense. Respond to this post or send me a message with any questions. I'm not sure how many of these hams are available so, as always, contribute early to ensure you get yours.

Okay, there's plenty of other goodies available for this distribution, and you can contribute until tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 10pm. Here's the list:

Russet Baking Potatoes - approx 15 Lb bag - Product of USA
(Max 5)
$4.50 ea

Asparagus - Approx 15 Lbs - Product of Mexico
(Max 5)
$20.50 ea

Valencia Oranges - Approx 42 Lbs - Product of Mexico
(Max 5)
$16.50 ea

ORGANIC Bananas - Approx 40 Lbs - Product of Ecuador
(Max 5)
$23.00 ea

Salad Pack - Hoping for: Baby Romaine, Watercress, Spinach, Mushroom, Red Onion, Carrot, Radish, Iceberg lettuce, Green Onion
(Max 5)
$11.00 ea

Easter Hostess Pack - Hoping for Asparagus, Mini Sweet Peppers, Pineapple, Cauliflower, Romaine Hearts, Russet Potato, Dill, Car
(Max 5)
$18.00 ea

Lunch Box Pack - Hoping for Apples, Snow Peas, Bananas, Valencia Oranges, Baby Carrots, Celery Hearts
(Max 5)
$12.00 ea

Cinnamon Toast Bread - 3 loaves - Ingredients: High Gluten Flour, Salt, Sugar, Yeast, Natural Enzyme, Eggs, Water, Butter
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Baklava Granola Contains NUTS: Oats, Honey, Honey Powder, Brown Sugar, Coconut Oil, Macadamia Pieces, Pecan Pieces, Walnut Piece
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Four 13-inch lefse. Traditional soft Norwegian flat bread made with potatoes and wheat flour.
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

ORGANIC 100% Honey Whole Wheat Bread - 5 pack
(Max 5)
$12.75 ea

There you ham it. Hope everyone hams a great week! We'll sooey you on Saturday! ;)

25 Mar 2016 21:48 #25 by elkcreekgeek
The imperfect storm...must be Spring Break. :) We have 18 baskets and 23 add-ons. We'll be distributing from inside tomorrow. Please remember to bring a copy of your contribution confirmation, something to carry your produce home in, and snow shoes. ;) Volunteer time is 11:30am and pick-up is 12:30-12:50pm at the Mountain Resource Center. Keep an eye on your emails and this group in case of a late truck. Have a great night and we'll see you tomorrow!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

04 Apr 2016 12:59 #26 by elkcreekgeek
It's another Hammy Monday! :) We once again have Uncured Bone-In Spiral Sliced Ham as an offering on our regular contribution list. Same deal as last time: $80 deposit and you will be credited the difference for actual weight at $3.99/lb. On Saturday, you must show up at 11:30am (volunteer time) to get your ham. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Plenty of other goodies to contribute for....especially for us canners:

Lemons - Approx 38 lb case. Product of Mexico.
(Max 5)
$24.50 ea

Blackberry - 12 - 6 oz clamshells - product of Mexico
(Max 5)
$16.50 ea

Pineapple - Approx 22 Lb - Product of Mexico
(Max 5)
$14.50 ea

ORGANIC Round Tomatoes - Approx 15 lbs - Product of Mexico
(Max 5)
$12.00 ea

Salad Pack - Hoping for: Romaine Hearts, Kale, Iceberg, Almond Slivers, Red Onion, Cucumber, Spinach, Cherry Tomato, Green Leaf
(Max 5)
$11.00 ea

Tropical Pack - hoping for 2 Vanilla Beans, Guava, Pineapple, Brown Coconut, Plantain, Mango, Mint
(Max 5)
$14.00 ea

Lunch Box Pack - Hoping for Green Grapes, Sugar Snap Peas, Mini Sweet Peppers, Bananas, Valencia Oranges, Baby Carrots, Celery H
(Max 5)
$12.50 ea

Sourdough Bread - 5 - 20 oz. loaves, naturally leavened
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Tropical Granola - 28 oz - Oats, Honey, Sugar, Coconut oil, dried Pineapple, dried papaya & moreContains Coconut, Macadamia Nut.
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Banana Bread - 2 loaves - Ingredients: Bananas, flour, sugar, buttermilk, canola oil, whole eggs, b
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

Wrap Pack - 12 in. diameter wraps Approx 6 Count each of Chipotle, Spinach, Tomato & Basil, Garlic & Herb
(Max 5)
$10.00 ea

ORGANIC Original Sweet 9 Grain Bread - 5 loaves - Contains Wheat. Baked in a facility with nuts.
(Max 5)
$12.75 ea

Contributions are open until tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 10pm, but the sooner the better as some items will be spoken for before long. Distribution is this Saturday at the Mountain Resource Center. Spread the word! Last distribution's numbers were pretty dismal. I feel so sad for all the families not getting these fresh, delicious, and affordable foods. Sadface. Turn my frown upside down. ;)

05 Apr 2016 16:42 #27 by elkcreekgeek
Don't forget to contribute! Cutoff is 10pm tonight. :)

05 Apr 2016 20:45 #28 by elkcreekgeek
30 baskets down...66 to go!

09 Apr 2016 08:50 #29 by elkcreekgeek
Good morning everyone! Looks like the rain should hold off for us and we'll be distributing outside today. We have 31 conventional baskets, 1 organic, and 34 add-ons. Volunteer time is 11:30am (I'll be there around 11:15) and pick-up is between 12:30 and 12:50pm. Please remember to bring a copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in. Have a great morning and we'll see you soon! :)

09 Apr 2016 09:03 #30 by elkcreekgeek
IMPORTANT UPDATE!! TRUCK IS LATE! IMPORTANT UPDATE!!

Hey everyone, just found out the truck is running an hour late today. Volunteer time has moved to 12:30pm and pick-up is from 1:30-1:50pm. Please let us know if you will not be able to make it and we'll make arrangements for you to get your basket.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!! TRUCK IS LATE! IMPORTANT UPDATE!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyMountainTown

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds