BOUNTIFUL BASKETS FOOD CO-OP AT THE MOUNTAIN RESOURCE CENTER

16 Sep 2017 08:36 #61 by Mountain-News-Events

elkcreekgeek wrote: OMG!! OMG!! OMG!! I just talked to Sally with BB and guess what! WE'RE RUNNING A TEST SITE NEXT WEEKEND!! I'll have details soon! OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!

Great news! Thank you for keeping us posted elkcreekgeek.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2017 16:18 #62 by elkcreekgeek
Just got a chance to talk to Sally and she's still sorting things with the vendor. Lots to do. Our normal times will be off schedule with this test run. I'll let you all know as soon as I hear more.

19 Sep 2017 13:23 #63 by elkcreekgeek
IT'S OFFICIAL....WE'RE RUNNING A TEST SITE IN CONIFER THIS SATURDAY!! Man, it sure is nice to see Conifer back on the website as an active location! :) :) You should all be receiving an email soon.

To be clear, this is just a test run (more for the vendor than for us.) We'll have to wait and see how things go before we'll know if this will be permanent. That said, let's make it run as smoothly as possible...so put your volunteer shoes on! :)

The Conifer location on the website is up and running. Just go to the site, click Participate Now, then Central Colorado under Current Offers, and there we are in Jefferson County. YAY!! There is only the option for Conventional Baskets right now, but Sally is going to try to get some add-ons on the list, so you may want to wait a bit until you contribute.

Since contributions opened a day late for us, they will stay open an extra day, meaning you can contribute until tomorrow (Wednesday) night at approx 10pm. Distribution will be at the wonderful Mountain Resource Center this Saturday, the 23rd, at 11am, so volunteer time will be 10am (I'll be there at least 15 minutes early to set up.) These are just the times for the test run, and our permanent times will be determined as we move forward.

Looks like we're only one of two tests sites running in Colorado this weekend, amazingly the ONLY one in JeffCo, so let's do everything we can to make it the wonderful experience we all know it can be. I've really, really missed the co-op and all our wonderful participants and volunteers (and so has the MRC pantry ;) ). I can't wait to see you all again and hopefully get the ball rolling on another long run of wonderfully delicious, affordable, healthy food.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments below. Have a wonderful week and (WOOHOO!) we'll see you on Saturday!!!!!!!!

19 Sep 2017 18:31 #64 by elkcreekgeek
We have add-ons!! Just a small selection for this test run, but they sure sound good! Rocky Ford Honeydew, Green Beans, Nectarines, and Green Cabbage...all LOCAL!! I'd really like to see the new vendor's add-ons. I'm planning on getting nectarines, and would be happy to trade for some green beans/honeydew/cabbage if anyone wants to get those. :)

20 Sep 2017 16:06 #65 by ScienceChic
That's fantastic news elkcreekgeek, thank you for keeping us updated. Is this still the website to get signed up to participate? www.bountifulbaskets.org/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Sep 2017 17:19 #66 by elkcreekgeek
Yes, that's still the website. Check out the New Participant Instructions and FAQ's and let me know if you have any questions. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

20 Sep 2017 17:44 #67 by elkcreekgeek
Contributions are open until 10pm tonight!!

23 Sep 2017 05:46 #68 by elkcreekgeek
Good Bountiful Morning Everyone!! Are you all excited for some fresh produce? I know I am. Hopefully the rain will hold off until we're done, but you might want to bring your jackets just in case. Volunteer time is 10am and pickup time is between 11:00 and 11:20am in the upper parking lot of the Mountain Resource Center on Kitty Dr. (not the thrift store.) Please remember to bring a digital or printed copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in. Have a great morning and we'll see you in a few hours! :)

25 Sep 2017 14:21 #69 by elkcreekgeek
We had a great day Saturday!! It was so wonderful seeing everyone's faces...and some new faces. The new vendor had some hiccups, but I thought the produce looked awesome and the baskets were quite bountiful! Everything we've eaten so far has been delicious. Big thank you to all the volunteers who showed up for making things run so smoothly...like we never took any time off. They'll be running test sites in other Colorado cities this weekend, and we're hoping to have them back the following weekend. I'll keep you all updated as soon as I hear anything. In the meantime, let me know what you thought of everything; the process, the quality, quantity, and value so I can pass it on. Constructive criticism is appreciated. Have a great day and eat your vegetables! :)

Some very healthy looking baskets!

Volunteers did an amazing job!

Distribution took place right on time at 11:00

My wife talked to the MRC pantry folks today and let's say...

...they're just a little bit happy we're back! :)

Not a bad Bounty (there's a clamshell of delicious, organic strawberries in there somewhere).

Thanks MMT for helping spread the word on FB!! That meant a lot to us.

02 Oct 2017 12:18 #70 by elkcreekgeek
We're running another test site in Conifer this Saturday and CONTRIBUTIONS ARE OPEN!!! WOOHOO!! Add-ons this week include Bartlett Pears, Roma Tomatoes, and Local Juicing Carrots. Contributions will be open until tomorrow (Tuesday) night at approx. 10pm and distribution will be this Saturday at the Mountain Resource Center at 11am. Spread the word, tell your friends, and we'll see you on Saturday!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds