BOUNTIFUL BASKETS FOOD CO-OP AT THE MOUNTAIN RESOURCE CENTER

03 Oct 2017 20:22 #71 by elkcreekgeek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2017 08:10 #72 by elkcreekgeek
Good morning everyone! It's shaping up to be a nice day for Bountiful Baskets...get out and enjoy it before the Columbus Day snow. :) Volunteer time is 10am and pickup time is between 11:00 and 11:20am in the upper parking lot of the Mountain Resource Center on Kitty Dr. (not the thrift store.) Please remember to bring a digital or printed copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in. Have a great morning and we'll see you in a couple hours!

16 Oct 2017 13:09 #73 by elkcreekgeek
EXCITING IMPORTANT UPDATE!! TIME CHANGE!!

The test sites were successful and we now have a new permanent vendor, Freshpack Produce, and a new permanent time for the Conifer site. OUR NEW TIME IS 12:00PM FOR PICKUP, AND 11:00AM FOR VOLUNTEERS. WOOHOO!!

The produce from Freshpack has looked fantastic so far, and I love that they source so locally. 5 of the 7 veggies last distribution were Colorado grown. The full Central Colorado route is in the works, with sites re-opening this time or next in Morrison, Roxborough, Aurora and elsewhere. WE'RE BACK!! :)

We will be seeing new add-on packs soon and then an organic basket option. For now, we have conventional baskets, red pears, clementines, and Beauregard yams available. Contributions will be open until tomorrow (Tuesday) night at approximately 10:00pm.

HOORAY FOR BOUNTIFUL BASKETS!!! I'm so happy we're permanently back that I could do a jig! Please spread the word so we can keep our numbers up and ensure this wonderfully delicious co-op stays in Conifer for years to come. And don't forget, we are 100% volunteer run, so come an hour early and help out every now and then....but only if you can handle hanging out with all the coolest people in our community. ;) Have a great week and see you Saturday!!

17 Oct 2017 20:57 #74 by elkcreekgeek
A little over an hour left...don't miss out!
bountifulbaskets.org/

21 Oct 2017 05:29 #75 by elkcreekgeek
Good Bountiful morning!! Don't forget...we've had a time change. Volunteer time is 11:00am and pickup is from 12:00pm to 12:20pm. It's going to be a little chilly today, so bring a jacket. Also please remember to bring a copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in. Have a wonderful morning and we'll see you soon! :)

21 Oct 2017 08:47 #76 by elkcreekgeek
Heads up everyone!! The Mountain Resource Center is having their Halloween event today, so we're probably going to have to set up in the lower parking lot. Actually the lower, lower lot that also serves as the entrance to the storage units next door.

21 Oct 2017 18:17 #77 by elkcreekgeek
Great day today everyone!! Volunteers rocked it! Late truck, and cold hands, but distribution still happened on time. Thank you all for working so hard...as usual. Our next contribution window will be Oct. 30th and 31st for a Nov. 4th distribution. Spread the word, tell you friends, and we'll see you again in two weeks! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

30 Oct 2017 21:59 #78 by elkcreekgeek
Hey everyone! Sorry for the late post...having technical difficulties. Contributions are open and we have pomegranates, cranberries, and red beets for add-ons! Contributions will be open until tomorrow (Tuesday) night around 10pm and distribution will be this Saturday at the Mountain Resource Center at 12:00pm (volunteer time is 11:00am.) Have a spooky week and we'll see you on Saturday!! :ghost: :haunted: :witch: :zombie: :kittensurpr :vampirebat:
contributions1.bountifulbaskets.org/

31 Oct 2017 09:37 #79 by elkcreekgeek
"Seriously, after all the chocolate, peanut butter, and nougat you'll be eating over the next few days...you're really gonna need some fruit and veg to balance things out," he said with a sinister laugh.

04 Nov 2017 06:38 #80 by elkcreekgeek
Good morning everyone! Looks like it will be a nice day for Baskets! Volunteer time is 11:00am and pickup is from 12:00 to 12:20pm in the upper parking lot of the Mountain Resource Center. Please remember to bring a copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in.

Also, if anyone's interested, I need a new Backup Volunteer Site Coordinator. This would be someone who can run the site during the one or two times a year I go on vacation. The new Backup VSC will need to train over the next couple distributions so I can show you how to correctly fill out the paperwork, etc., but I've got the process pretty streamlined to make it easy on us. Please message me or talk to me today at distribution if you're interested and we'll get the ball rolling.

FYI, every BB site gets what's called a "risk mitigation basket" at distribution. This is an extra basket to be used just in case we counted wrong and ended up short one basket. However, if everything goes right, then the VSC gets credited for that basket on the website, essentially getting a free basket. In the four years I've been doing this, I've never once had to give up that basket (like I said, streamlined.) So, if you want to help out the community AND enjoy some free produce, please let me know. :)

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds