BOUNTIFUL BASKETS FOOD CO-OP AT THE MOUNTAIN RESOURCE CENTER

19 Nov 2019 06:04 #201 by elkcreekgeek
Good morning everyone! Sorry I didn't post yesterday. This will be our last distribution before Thanksgiving and the website will be live until tonight at 10pm. Add-ons look great: Fuyu Persimmons, Pears, Sweet Potatoes, and Roma Tomatoes! Distribution will be this Saturday at the Mountain Resource Center.

Again, last distribution before Thanksgiving, so a great time to donate to the MRC pantry if you can. Just contribute for any donations you'd like to make, let me know, and I'll take care of it! Think I'll get them a case of sweet potatoes. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2019 08:31 #202 by elkcreekgeek
Good morning everyone! Warming up back into the 50's today...because it's a Bountiful Weekend! :) We have a decent sized distribution today, with lots of donations for the MRC pantry, so if you'd like to volunteer please show up by 12:30. Pickup will be at 1:30, I'll post here if we're ready early. Please remember to bring a copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in. Enjoy your morning and we'll see you soon! :)

02 Dec 2019 17:19 #203 by elkcreekgeek
Happy Monday Basketeers! The website is live and contributions are open until tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 10pm. Add-ons are Local Acorn Squash, Honeycrisp Apples, Oranges, and Tangerines. Distribution will be this Saturday at the Mountain Resource Center. I will be out of town and my wife might be covering, so an volunteers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you as always and have a wonderful week! :)

03 Dec 2019 17:01 #204 by elkcreekgeek
Heads up everyone!! This is the last distribution of the year. If you would like to donate to the MRC for the holidays, this is your last chance! Contributions close in five hours.

07 Dec 2019 08:55 #205 by elkcreekgeek
Good morning! It's our last distribution of the year! Volunteer time is 12:30 and pickup is between 1:30 and 1:50. Please remember to bring a copy of your contribution confirmation and something to carry your produce home in. I'm in Phoenix for a football game, Lindsay will be running the show today. She had knee replacement surgery earlier this year, so volunteers will be greatly appreciated. :) Thank you all for a great year, hope you enjoy your holidays, and I'll see you in January! :)

10 Dec 2019 17:10 #206 by elkcreekgeek
IMPORTANT UPDATE!! SITE CLOSING!! IMPORTANT UPDATE!! SITE CLOSING!!

Well friends, I have decided to close the Conifer Bountiful Baskets distribution site for the foreseeable future. There are multiple reasons/issues that have led me to this decision, and I will be watching closely to see if these problems are resolved, at which time I will reopen the site if there is still enough interest.

If any of you would like to take over as Volunteer Site Coordinator in Conifer, please let me know and I will walk you through everything necessary to run a successful site. There are benefits to being the VSC, and I will explain those to you if interested.

I have truly enjoyed running this co-op for the last six and a half years, made many friends, witnessed many kindnesses, have been constantly amazed at the charitable nature of our community, and of course ate lots of delicious, reasonably priced food.

Keep in mind, there is still an active site in Morrison at Fire Station #11 at W. Belleview and Quincy Aves. It's a well run site with great volunteers, not a far drive at all, and I definitely encourage you to participate there if you would like to stay active in the co-op.

For everyone who has volunteered over the years, thank you SO MUCH, I couldn't have done it without you. I hope this is a temporary and brief closure, in the meantime I will be missing all of your faces. :(

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds