Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

10 Aug 2011 20:17 #151 by Rockdoc
Nope. Never heard of a merit badge stopping anyone, but I know Sunshine Girl using her Glock will stop you dead in your tracks without any hesitation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2011 20:32 #152 by Martin Ent Inc
I think this can explain some of it.

mo·ron   /ˈmɔrɒn, ˈmoʊr-/
[mawr-on, mohr-]

–noun
1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

10 Aug 2011 20:53 #153 by Martin Ent Inc

10 Aug 2011 21:07 #154 by daisypusher

Vice Lord wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: First- there won't be anything in the fridge - in fact, I'd have it moved out of the house along with other useless pieces of equipment if the power was out long enough your dumb ass had to try to find my house.

Second - hope your wife at least knows advanced first aid - or how to use a shovel. Cause I'm not friendly when threatened. And I won't waste the time to bury you myself. We will do her the kindness of hauling your carcass out to the main road though - don't need scavengers in my yard -including you.

I say this in all seriousness..If I want your food, I will take your food..And your Eagle Scout Marksmen merit badge aint gonna stop me

lol

10 Aug 2011 21:08 #155 by Martin Ent Inc
Pic of VL in high school, I think I saw it on one of his photo thingy's.

Don't see no marksman badge.

10 Aug 2011 21:10 #156 by akilina

Local_Historian wrote: First- there won't be anything in the fridge - in fact, I'd have it moved out of the house along with other useless pieces of equipment if the power was out long enough your dumb ass had to try to find my house.

Second - hope your wife at least knows advanced first aid - or how to use a shovel. Cause I'm not friendly when threatened. And I won't waste the time to bury you myself. We will do her the kindness of hauling your carcass out to the main road though - don't need scavengers in my yard -including you.

rofllol no keep him as bait. let all the food come to you. see, then he becomes useful.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

10 Aug 2011 21:40 #157 by Rockdoc

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Here is something else for non hunter gatherers:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... =BC&topnav

Even for non hunter/gatherers this is a good investment as a fall back.

10 Aug 2011 22:00 #158 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

akilina wrote: rofllol no keep him as bait. let all the food come to you. see, then he becomes useful.

I wonder what I would attract?

10 Aug 2011 22:01 #159 by archer

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Here is something else for non hunter gatherers:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... =BC&topnav

Even for non hunter/gatherers this is a good investment as a fall back.

When my daughter and I moved into our home in the mountains, a geodesic dome, under the living room floor were 250 five gallon containers of assorted beans, lentils, grains, salt, rice, oil and I don't know what else. I ended up donating it to the Salvation Army after having it tested. Some people do indeed prepare that way for the future, but my feeling was that if things got that bad I would probably move somewhere I could depend on sustained living with a garden, chickens, a couple cows, assorted other meat or milk producing animals, and horses for transportation. Much as I love this area, I don't think I am cut out for mountain/winter sustained living without creature comforts.

Short of an apocalypse, I just don't see this country coming to that.....and even if I did, I'm not going to spend my retirement years preparing for something that I am ill equipped to handle given my age and my health. I will enjoy the years I have and let others decide how much they want to obsess over the future.

10 Aug 2011 22:02 #160 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Nope. Never heard of a merit badge stopping anyone, but I know Sunshine Girl will stop you dead in your tracks without any hesitation.

No doubt

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds