Sequestration?

27 Feb 2013 14:05 #141 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
Obama has been whining since Day 1 even when he had control of the House and Senate that he coudln't get anything done and now when they want to give him actual executive control, he hides under the blanket.

But he still has those high poll numbers of 55%, woo hoo! I guess you can fool 55% of the people all the time.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2013 14:29 - 27 Feb 2013 14:41 #142 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?
And you've been whining since 2008... Did you get the memo?... YOU LOST....

Bush left with approval ratings of 20%... I guess he couldn't fool the other 80%.

27 Feb 2013 14:34 - 27 Feb 2013 14:45 #143 by LadyJazzer

U.S. Deficit Shrinking At Fastest Pace Since WWII, Before Fiscal Cliff

http://www.investors.com/image/WEBcaphill01_1120_600.gif.cms
Source: Office of Management & Budget /

Believe it or not, the federal deficit has fallen faster over the past three years than it has in any such stretch since demobilization from World War II. In fact, outside of that post-WWII era, the only time the deficit has fallen faster was when the economy relapsed in 1937, turning the Great Depression into a decade-long affair. If U.S. history offers any guide, we are already testing the speed limits of a fiscal consolidation that doesn't risk backfiring. That's why the best way to address the fiscal cliff likely is to postpone it.

While long-term deficit reduction is important and deficits remain very large by historical standards, the reality is that the government already has its foot on the brakes.

In this sense, the "fiscal cliff" metaphor is especially poor. The government doesn't need to apply the brakes with more force to avoid disaster. Rather the "cliff" is an artificial one that has sprung up because the two parties are able to agree on so little.

http://news.investors.com/blogs-capital ... war-ii.htm
Powered by: "Investors Business Daily"

Deficit Is Falling Dramatically, But Only 6% Know That

There is no deficit problem. The deficit is down about 50 percent as a share of gross domestic product just since President Bush’s fiscal year 2009 deficit and is falling at the fastest rate since the end of World War II. Yet the Washington debate is about how and where to cut us back into recession. Why?

Congress should just repeal the sequester – we don’t need it. We have 10 years to fix the long-term deficit situation. We should not be stampeded by deficit-scare propaganda and instead take the time to carefully consider the right approach. That way we won’t make the mistakes that Europe is making.

Deficit Falling

Here is a chart of the deficit as a percent of GDP: (Data sources below)

Deficit as percent of GDP / Based on chart from Office of Management & Budget

Once again, because it might be hard to register due to the drumbeat of deficit-scare propaganda, this is a fact: the deficit is falling at the fastest rate since the end of World War II. It is down about 50 percent as a percent of GDP just since Bush’s huge $1.4 trillion fiscal 2009 deficit. And the deficit is projected to be stable for a decade.

http://blog.ourfuture.org/20130226/defi ... -know-that

Dang... There goes that "sky-is-falling" teabagger mantra.... :VeryScared: (Which I've been saying for about a week now...)

Now tell me again about the "TWO BILLS! from the 112th Congress that haven't been voted on by the 113th Congress"...I'm still waiting to find out how that works....

27 Feb 2013 14:45 #144 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Sequestration?

navycpo7 wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: OT,

Gonzo station. I was PacFlt so I spent a lot of time there. Some squid wrote a song, "Gonzo Station Blues" I think. Thought I had it on cassette but have no idea where to look. Anyone remember it and know where to get it? I tried google but scratched.

114 days underway and our first liberty port, Perth Australia

Did you get your underway beer break or were east coast O's too pucker butt?

27 Feb 2013 14:50 #145 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Sequestration?

Blazer Bob wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: OT,

Gonzo station. I was PacFlt so I spent a lot of time there. Some squid wrote a song, "Gonzo Station Blues" I think. Thought I had it on cassette but have no idea where to look. Anyone remember it and know where to get it? I tried google but scratched.

114 days underway and our first liberty port, Perth Australia

Did you get your underway beer break or were east coast O's too pucker butt?

nope we got them

27 Feb 2013 14:53 #146 by FredHayek
The debt level has been falling for the last three years? About the same amount of time as the TEA Party has been in the House. Coincidence? I think not.
Looks like gridlock is good for taxpayers and future taxpayers. :thumbsup:

27 Feb 2013 14:58 #147 by LadyJazzer
Of course, that's not what the second graph shows, but since you're in the Fact-Free-Zone, that's hardly a surprise...

Now tell me again about the "TWO BILLS! from the 112th Congress that haven't been voted on by the 113th Congress"...I'm still waiting to find out how that works....

27 Feb 2013 15:15 #148 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: Of course, that's not what the second graph shows, but since you're in the Fact-Free-Zone, that's hardly a surprise...

Just Harry Reid falling down on the job again. He could have actually let our Senators represent and vote on them but he tabled the bills. So much for democracy and seeing what Udall and Bennett want for a budget for this country. How long has it been since the Senate has approved a budget, 4+ years. I-Pads weren't even invented the last time the Senate Democrats voted on a budget for America. Talk about shirking your duty.

27 Feb 2013 16:05 #149 by LadyJazzer
The bills were tabled because, as usual, the GOTP would not put forward anything but bills based on CUTS-ONLY; and the administration will not accept anything that does not include a balance of cuts and closing loopholes for the rich. Works for me.

Budget bills, by Constitutional Law, have to originate in the House. If the Senate has not approved one, perhaps it's because the teabaggers keep sending them crap. It's not "shirking your duty" to say NO to protect-the-wealthy garbage.

But do tell me again about the "TWO BILLS! from the 112th Congress that haven't been voted on by the 113th Congress"...I'm still waiting to find out how that works....

28 Feb 2013 12:19 #150 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?
It is all falling apart and this administration must now rely on threats and character assassination to attempt to keep their message in place.
Do I see some cracks?

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds