Sequestration?

24 Feb 2013 12:24 #91 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Sequestration?
HERE"S the real story.....per NY Times........"The idea for sequestration did come from the O White House,Jacob Lew,the O's budget
director and NOW his nominee for Treasury sec.,proposed it." Lew, who had been a senior adviser to the House speaker in the 1980's,
LIFTED THE LANGUAGE FROM A 1985 law HE HAD HELPED NEGOTIATE.....called the Gramm-Rudman law. THAT STATUE WAS
CONCEIVED BY TWO REPUBLICANS SENATORS TO BE A "SWORD OF DAMOCLES'. (ONE THAT HUNG OVER THE TWO PARTIES,
POISED TO STRIKE UNLESS THEY COMPROMISED ON DEFICIT REDUCTION.".........the rest of the story has been hashed over pretty
well.......(starting in the summer of 2011 and ending with Lew's sequestration proposal)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2013 12:26 #92 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Sequestration?

navycpo7 wrote: Archer, I am in total agreement with you on that. I have been saying that for over a year. This thing about democrats this and republicans that needs to go away. Quit the party crap and do what is right for this country. Something that has not been done in a long time. Doesn't matter under bush or obama, it has not been done.

:agree: And they will continue to do nothing so long as they believe themselves invulnerable. They've done a great job keeping us split, squabbling, and polarized along party lines, fearful that if we don't hold our nose and vote for our party candidates (no matter how odious) that the other party will gain the majority and do all sorts of things that we hate. So, the status quo remains, the party majority flip flops occasionally, and nothing changes. It's past time to vote out the incumbents, and get independent parties in as a significant enough percentage that Dems and Reps are forced to work with each other and the Independents to create legislation that actually benefits this country and its constituents in a meaningful and effective way.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Feb 2013 12:26 #93 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
What is right for the country? More unsustainable debt? Federal spending increasing faster than the economy? Federal wages increasing faster than the private sector. Last year someone invented a coffee party that was supposed to represent the middle of the road, reasonable common sense, it got nowhere.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Feb 2013 12:37 - 24 Feb 2013 13:18 #94 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?
A couple of years ago someone invented the Tea Party, and it's going downhill, and has an approval rating of less-than-1/3 of what it had 2 years ago (51% disapproval; 20% approval)...It's going nowhere... Who knew?

The incessant wail of "unsustainable debt" is getting old, and the public is getting wise to the fact that debt is actually DECREASING. But do continue on... It worked so well for you in the last election.

24 Feb 2013 12:40 #95 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?
LOL....Please show me a "FACT" that states our debt is diminishing.

24 Feb 2013 12:42 #96 by FOS

24 Feb 2013 13:01 #97 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Sequestration?
[youtube:gqo4xe2y]
[/youtube:gqo4xe2y]

24 Feb 2013 13:07 #98 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?
[youtube:22iafpp0]
[/youtube:22iafpp0]

Boehner says, "I got 98% of everything I wanted...I'm pretty happy."

24 Feb 2013 13:22 #99 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?
LOL..."Take out a credit card in the name of China".....was he talking about Bush or himself....
9 trillion to 16.567....000 trillion. Geeez

24 Feb 2013 17:05 #100 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Sequestration?

LadyJazzer wrote: A couple of years ago someone invented the Tea Party, and it's going downhill, and has an approval rating of less-than-1/3 of what it had 2 years ago (51% disapproval; 20% approval)...It's going nowhere... Who knew?

The incessant wail of "unsustainable debt" is getting old, and the public is getting wise to the fact that debt is actually DECREASING. But do continue on... It worked so well for you in the last election.

The debt is DECREASING? You really ARE stupid.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds