Sequestration?

26 Feb 2013 16:59 #111 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
Sequestration: where DHS has the money to buy one billion rounds of ammo and armored cars but they have to release illegal aliens because they don't have the money to house them. Brilliant executive action Obama on approving sequestration.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Feb 2013 17:01 #112 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?
Brilliant action on the part of the GOTP for approving the sequestration that they could put an end to any time they like.

26 Feb 2013 17:54 #113 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?
so can your guy.

26 Feb 2013 18:11 - 26 Feb 2013 20:49 #114 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: Today's Sequester News:
The House has submitted 2 different proposals to the Senate but neither one has been voted on.

Do you mean the two House bills that were submitted by the 112th Congress in 2012?... Did you get the memo?... When the 112th Congress ended, those bills were DEAD. This is the 113th Congress, and the CONSTITUTION says that budget bills must "originate in the House"... So, that means if the usual empty-suits on the GOTP side want to complain about bills not being passed, the 113th Congress would have to put them forward. As it stands right now THERE ARE NO BILLS FROM THE HOUSE SUBMITTED FOR PASSAGE, because the last ones died, and the 113th Congress was too busy taking 10-day recesses so Boehner could go work on his golf-tan...(Of course, they were a joke anyway, and weren't going to pass...But I do love the "outrage-of-the-day" coming from some usual ignorant Rightie source that two bills from the LAST Congress haven't been voted on in THIS Congress....)

But again, thanks for playing...

26 Feb 2013 20:33 #115 by FredHayek
Per NBC/WSJ poll 53% want at least the cuts of sequestration. 37% want less cuts like LJ and Obama.

26 Feb 2013 20:36 #116 by LadyJazzer
Gee, that's almost as believable as your last "Sequester News"... But since there's no source, I'll just consider it your usual hot air. And since we already know that 50-55% of the public are going to blame the Republicans for any job losses and negative effects of the sequester, believe me,

I jus' want you to keep doin' what yer doin'...

C'mon, Fred... Stay with that obsession of yours to have the last word... I'm enjoying it... :wave: :rofllol

26 Feb 2013 21:12 #117 by Reverend Revelant
Replied by Reverend Revelant on topic Sequestration?
Oh my god... oh my god... we are all going to die... the sequestration is the end of the world as we know it... what next? Dogs and cats living together?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Feb 2013 21:31 #118 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Sequestration?

what next? Dogs and cats living together?

No, much worse...

Liberals and conservatives living together. :VeryScared:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

26 Feb 2013 21:35 #119 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Sequestration?
Democrats and Republicans agreeing on legislation!

The Koch Brothers condemning fossil fuel use and publicly avowing to fight global warming to their last $1!

:biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Feb 2013 07:01 #120 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: Gee, that's almost as believable as your last "Sequester News"... But since there's no source, I'll just consider it your usual hot air. And since we already know that 50-55% of the public are going to blame the Republicans for any job losses and negative effects of the sequester, believe me,

I jus' want you to keep doin' what yer doin'...

C'mon, Fred... Stay with that obsession of yours to have the last word... I'm enjoying it... :wave: :rofllol

But Americans do want to cut the spending, especially when the poll question doesn't go into specifics. Why do you think the TEA Party used to be so popular? People don't like that the US is in debt 16 trillion dollars, 5 trillion more in the last five years. And they do think the goverment is bloated. So despite them currently losing the popularity contest by 10%, there will still be a lot of Republicans elected to the House and Senate. And Obama still doesn't get his way. :(:

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds