Sequestration?

20 Feb 2013 18:18 #1 by FredHayek
Sequestration? was created by FredHayek
What do you think will happen? Solve last minute? Let it happen? Let it happen but work out a compromise in a month or two. Paul Ryan was pointing out today the discretionary spending has increased by 18% since Obama was elect

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Feb 2013 18:20 #2 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Sequestration?
I think that Obama has a split personality. The sequestration was his idea and proposal. He threatened to veto any bill which would eliminate it and now he is talking as if it is the greatest evil to come along since tooth decay. And he wants to blame the Republicans.

20 Feb 2013 18:20 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
Elected. So an 8% cut would still have them ahead. He suggested letting the bureaus make their own decisions about what programs to cut. Makes sense to me. Prioratize spending instead of letting Congress decide. Same with the military.

20 Feb 2013 18:37 - 20 Feb 2013 19:25 #4 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?
I think the Republicans are finally figuring out that trying to hang it around the president's neck when 174 of the teabaggers voted for it...(by 2-to-1), and after Boehner is on TV saying, "I got 98% of what I wanted...I'm happy!", the public are figuring out that besides being liars, the Republicans are going to be responsible for every job lost; every employee furloughed, every cut in services; and every long-term unemployed person losing their life-line; and every person whose mortgage goes into default... The public is finally getting wise to how stupid they are.

God, I hope these lunatics jus' keep doin' what they're doin'... :lol: Hopping from one unnecessary, manufactured crisis to the next shows that they are not only not ready to "lead"...they're not ready to pick up the trash.

20 Feb 2013 19:22 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Sequestration?
It was Obama's idea and he said it would never happen... and how much actual work has he done to find a solution? Nothing.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Feb 2013 19:36 #6 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Sequestration?
[youtube:l09yv3sc]
[/youtube:l09yv3sc]

So what happened? Did Barry simply "evolve" on the issue? Did he get some coaching from Old Swift Johny about being for something before being against it? Is Barry's ego so big that he figured he could hold the nation hostage and force the results he wanted or is the complete ruin of the US economy what he actually wants?

I guess we will know more in about 8 days. I think Barry wants sequestration to happen despite his public efforts to back peddle and deflect the blame on to the GOP. Unless I have missed my guess, all of Barry's current statements about sequestration being bad are simply damage control prior to the train wreck.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

20 Feb 2013 19:38 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
Don't worry the press will lie for Barack and ignore his approval of sequestration. NBC news just hired Axelrod. Did they get tired of having to call him to know what stories tovrin that week? Now they can just refer to the white board in his office at NBC. 1) No Benghazi stories.

20 Feb 2013 20:22 #8 by LadyJazzer
It's okay... They have "9-9-9" Cain; Scott "Loser" Brown; and Kucinich over at FauxNews...They'll know which stories to run... And besides, Boehner is feeding talking-points to Hannity so he doesn't have to mess himself during the commercials trying to figure out the next totally insane thing to say...

All is well in the "Land of the 46% who Distrust FauxNews to tell the truth about ANYTHING"... :lol:

Too bad that Boehner's July, 2011, PowerPoint slide presentation "extolling the virtues of a 'sequester'" has been published all over the place. If it weren't for that, he might still be able to convince a few teabaggers that it was all "Obama's idea"... Oh, wait.... :rofllol

Perhaps that's why Obama just hit a 3-year high in the "performance" polls (55% and climbing)... while the GO-Teabagger-Party continues to slide into the 30's... Dang...It sux to be you...

Did you guys get the memo?... YOU LOST....

20 Feb 2013 20:42 #9 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Sequestration?
[youtube:2dvhd5o0]
[/youtube:2dvhd5o0]

Deflection was going on even before the election...

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

20 Feb 2013 20:44 #10 by LadyJazzer
The election is over... YOU LOST...

Get over it...

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds