Sequestration?

23 Feb 2013 16:58 #61 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?

Obama lied about it...

What's new?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2013 17:00 #62 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?
And Righties are lying about the FACT that Obama lied... (He didn't... But if you can take it far enough out-of-context, the low-intelligence folks can convince themselves of anything...)

23 Feb 2013 17:01 #63 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?
Obama is a joke

23 Feb 2013 17:13 #64 by LadyJazzer
Bush was a joke; Romney was a joke; Ryan IS a joke; Rove IS a joke... (I think those are the main ones...since we're calling people "jokes".) Since Obama was elected by 53% of the population, and 332 to 206 electoral votes--and he currently has a 55% approval rating (to the GOTP's 35% approval rating), it would appear that the number of people who think Romney & Ryan are "jokes" outweigh the right-wingers who think the president is. And given the fact that 50% of the public are going to blame the GOTP for the sequester and the jobs lost, and the negative effects; (compared to 30% for the president), I jus' hope you keep doin' what yer doin'...

How's that working out for ya, froggie?

Of course the "30%" that will blame the president is the same residual 30% that will blame him for everything from persistent hangnails, to "bad hair days."

23 Feb 2013 20:52 #65 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Sequestration?

LadyJazzer wrote: And Righties are lying about the FACT that Obama lied... (He didn't... But if you can take it far enough out-of-context, the low-intelligence folks can convince themselves of anything...)

Yes, Obama lied. Obviously you didn't read what Bob Woodward reported from two sources directly involved in the the decision by the Obama administration to propose the sequester. He even reported the date and TIME it happened. If you think it's a lie, take it up with Bob Woodward.

Bob Woodward reports from two sources that the sequester was the White House's idea and was approved by Obama on July 27, 2011 (four days before LJ's PowerPoint). Obama lied about it...

Quote:

Who is responsible? What really happened?

The finger-pointing began during the third presidential debate last fall, on Oct. 22, when President Obama blamed Congress. “The sequester is not something that I’ve proposed,” Obama said. “It is something that Congress has proposed.”

The White House chief of staff at the time, Jack Lew, who had been budget director during the negotiations that set up the sequester in 2011, backed up the president two days later.

“There was an insistence on the part of Republicans in Congress for there to be some automatic trigger,” Lew said while campaigning in Florida. It “was very much rooted in the Republican congressional insistence that there be an automatic measure.”

The president and Lew had this wrong. My extensive reporting for my book “The Price of Politics” shows that the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House and were the brainchild of Lew and White House congressional relations chief Rob Nabors — probably the foremost experts on budget issues in the senior ranks of the federal government.

Obama personally approved of the plan for Lew and Nabors to propose the sequester to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). They did so at 2:30 p.m. July 27, 2011, according to interviews with two senior White House aides who were directly involved.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... print.html

23 Feb 2013 21:05 #66 by LadyJazzer
And when it all comes crashing down around the ears of the entire nation, and 50-55% blame the Republicans for THEIR lies and obstructionism, let's DO have this discussion again sometime...

You're entitled to your own opinions...but not your own facts.

23 Feb 2013 21:10 #67 by pineinthegrass

LadyJazzer wrote: And when it all comes crashing down around the ears of the entire nation, and 50-55% blame the Republicans for THEIR lies and obstructionism, let's DO have this discussion again sometime...

You're entitled to your own opinions...but not your own facts.

It's not my opinion. It's Bob Woodward's reporting from people directly involved that Obama lied. Again, take it up with him.

How's that PowerPoint doing for ya? lol

23 Feb 2013 21:12 #68 by LadyJazzer
Actually, it's doing very well... The public is realizing that the whole talking-point-of-the-day about it being "Obama's Sequester" is 100% total bullsh*t. And the Powerpoint speaks much greater than Bob Woodward... You somehow think Bob Woodward's opinion piece trumps Boehner's own presentation? :lol:

But thanks for playing.

23 Feb 2013 21:27 #69 by pineinthegrass

LadyJazzer wrote: Actually, it's doing very well... The public is realizing that the whole talking-point-of-the-day about it being "Obama's Sequester" is 100% total bullsh*t. And the Powerpoint speaks much greater than Bob Woodward...

But thanks for playing.

I usually don't reply to you at this point in other threads (and you always want the last word) because at this point your are scraping the bottom for your replies and it's obvious. And it applies here now.

So now we ignore Bob Woodward over your slanted sources? Do I need to burn my copy of "All the President's Men"?

Woodward reported that Obama lied about his involvement in the sequester with sources. If you have better reporting than that then show it. Or at least point out how he's wrong.

Next up, LJ changes the topic again...

23 Feb 2013 21:34 #70 by LadyJazzer
Gee... You mean THAT "Bob Woodward"?!? ( :Snooze )

I've pointed out the slides from Boehner's own presentation... Sorry, but FACTS usually take precedent over opinion, regardless of who it is...

You are welcome to have "the last word." It doesn't change anything.

And when it all comes crashing down around the ears of the entire nation, and 50-55% blame the Republicans for THEIR lies and obstructionism, let's DO have this discussion again sometime...It's still not about "whose fault it is", but rather which side is going to do something about it...and we already know the answer to that one.

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds