Sequestration?

21 Feb 2013 04:02 #21 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
Deep cuts? It is only 72 hours of spending.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Feb 2013 07:03 #22 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Sequestration?
This topic amazes me. This is not the sole fault of the republicans or democrats. It is the fault of Congress as a whole. Even when Congress was Democratic controlled, nothing got done, republicans take over the house, nothing got done. They sit up there, and can not even do the job they were elected to do. This country has not had a budget in over 6 years, most of what is going on with the sequestration starting March 1, is because neither side would give or take. So now people are whining and complaining. This is not going to fall in the lap of the republicans, it is going to fall into the lap of Congress. The American people are not stupid and they see what is going on up there. Harry Reid is just as much at fault at bone head. Thats the problem with this country right now, it is all about blaming the other guy instead of taking accountablility. Something that Congress has no clue about. Cannot wait till I head to Wash D.C. and get to meet with some of these folks. I am sure they will have an excuse for everything that we bring up. Its the way.

I am glad I am not a member of either party, and deltamrey says it best. Go back and read his post,

21 Feb 2013 07:37 #23 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?
Someone has to accept a little blame before they can actually be accountable.
The irony of this is that it was a plan that Obama had Biden take to the Senate. He fought for it believed in it and threatened to veto any bill that landed on his desk that might try to change it
Now he trots out first responders and tells us Armageddon is upon us.

Now, if Congress allows this meat-cleaver approach to take place, it will jeopardize our military readiness; it will eviscerate job-creating investments in education and energy and medical research. It won’t consider whether we’re cutting some bloated program that has outlived its usefulness, or a vital service that Americans depend on every single day. It doesn’t make those distinctions.
Emergency responders like the ones who are here today — their ability to help communities respond to and recover from disasters will be degraded. Border Patrol agents will see their hours reduced. FBI agents will be furloughed. Federal prosecutors will have to close cases and let criminals go. Air traffic controllers and airport security will see cutbacks, which means more delays at airports across the country. Thousands of teachers and educators will be laid off. Tens of thousands of parents will have to scramble to find childcare for their kids. Hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose access to primary care and preventive care like flu vaccinations and cancer screenings.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/r ... 87788.html

Fear tactics used by a master. All designed to get what he wants. Tax increases.
Good for the GOP for standing firm This may be the ONLY way to slow this Presidents spending spree down.
Many experts suggest that the effects of sequestration are not near as dire as the Presidents own sequestration.

http://www.cato.org/events/real-effects-sequestration

So....bring it on President Obama. Stop lying and take some responsibility.

21 Feb 2013 07:43 #24 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Sequestration?
Obama doesn't take responsibility for anything bad, only the good... like when HE killed Bin Laden.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Feb 2013 07:57 #25 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Sequestration?

navycpo7 wrote: This topic amazes me. This is not the sole fault of the republicans or democrats. It is the fault of Congress as a whole. Even when Congress was Democratic controlled, nothing got done, republicans take over the house, nothing got done. They sit up there, and can not even do the job they were elected to do. This country has not had a budget in over 6 years, most of what is going on with the sequestration starting March 1, is because neither side would give or take. So now people are whining and complaining. This is not going to fall in the lap of the republicans, it is going to fall into the lap of Congress. The American people are not stupid and they see what is going on up there. Harry Reid is just as much at fault at bone head. Thats the problem with this country right now, it is all about blaming the other guy instead of taking accountablility. Something that Congress has no clue about. Cannot wait till I head to Wash D.C. and get to meet with some of these folks. I am sure they will have an excuse for everything that we bring up. Its the way.

I am glad I am not a member of either party, and deltamrey says it best. Go back and read his post,

Generally speaking, there is a bunch of blame to go around.......the american people for ALLOWING it,because not enough attention
was payed by the masses( MANY years in the making.) JMO It just gets really old and worn out to hear the partisan politics being
trotted out on multiple threads,on multiple sites......we have the government we deserve because we DID NOT pay attention in a
timely manner.....JMO as an INDEPENDENT.

21 Feb 2013 07:58 #26 by FOS
But not when he allows 4 brave Americans to die.

21 Feb 2013 10:43 #27 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?

frogger wrote: But not when he allows 4 brave Americans to die.

Yeah, and it was a shame about the 241 "brave Americans" who died in Beirut in 1983... Funny, I don't remember nearly as much outrage from the neo-wackos then.

21 Feb 2013 10:46 #28 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?
"The irony of all this" is that the sequester was supposed to be such an odious, horrible thing, that was instituted because the usual bomb-thrower, obstructionist teabaggers couldn't be controlled by their own leader, John Boehner, and were willing to screw up the nation's credit rating because they wouldn't vote to raise the debt-ceiling...(Which Reagan did 12 times during his presidency.) Wellllll, the chickens have come home to roost... And its the GO-Teabagger-Party that is going to pay the price...

Jus' keep doin' what yer doin'....

21 Feb 2013 10:49 - 21 Feb 2013 10:52 #29 by FOS
keep saying it LJ.....in your mind, it will become true. LOL
So....you absolve your Messiah based on supposed bad deeds of others?.....I get it now.

21 Feb 2013 10:51 #30 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
Raising the debt limit 12 times? Doesn't that just mean they didn't raise it enough the time before? Or the compromise Reagan worked out with Tip O'Neill was too debt heavy?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds