Sequestration?

24 Feb 2013 09:54 - 24 Feb 2013 10:45 #81 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?

navycpo7 wrote:

archer wrote: The sequester was a result of congress being unable to get anything done....Obama gave them an option, the Congress took that option and voted for it.....they now are the ones who have to come up with a solution to replace it. Say what you will, Congress now owns the sequester.

Archer, Obama is the one that wanted the sequestration, he is the one the brought it up. Then the worthless Congress voted it and Obama signed it. Congress and the White House own it. I also believe they are not smart enough to come up with a solution. They are to busy worrying about themselves and not worrrying about the American people. Reid and Bone head are two peas in a pod. They are also getting thier pay raises effective with the first payday after March 27 I believe it is. This was done be excutive order. So congress as a whole can not get thier job done, cannot get a budget done, so lets reward them with a pay raise. This is how screwed up the system is up there (JMO)

I also believe the American people are not at all happy with all of Washington. Congress as a whole.

Perhaps you missed all of this:

We keep talking about how Republicans are rewriting history when they try to falsely pin fault on President Obama for the upcoming sequestration. After all, 174 House Republicans voted for the measure [66 against] that Politico said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was “the chief Republican architect of.” Today’s New York Times editorial has some choice words for this blame game, calling out Republicans for their attempts to bend the truth and rightfully showing the GOP is responsible for the upcoming sequestration:

“Republican lawmakers started a fire last year when they created a debt-ceiling crisis to force cuts in spending. Now that it is beginning to damage their most treasured military programs, they are blaming President Obama for not putting it out.”

“The final deal, negotiated by Republicans and the White House, required more than $2 trillion in cuts, far more than could have been won without extortion.”

“Mr. McCain voted yes, but that has not held him back from denouncing the very deal he supported. He called the defense cuts ‘an emergency situation’ and said he held the president responsible for allowing them to continue.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/opin ... .html?_r=0

So, let's see... The Republicans controlled the House in 2011... They voted 2-to-1 (174 to 66) FOR it..Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was “the chief Republican architect of it.” (In the Senate, Republicans voted 28-19 FOR it --still 2-to-1; while Dems supported it 45-6.) And Boehner is "happy that he got 98% of what he wanted".... (And McCain voted FOR IT, but is still talking out of both sides of his mouth....Imagine my surprise...] but they still want to hang this around Obama's neck? :lol: :rofllol :lol: :rofllol :lol: :rofllol

[youtube:1fukjeth]
[/youtube:1fukjeth]

Oh, "And when it all comes crashing down around the ears of the entire nation, and 50-55% blame the Republicans for THEIR lies and obstructionism, let's DO have this discussion again sometime...It's still not about "whose fault it is", but rather which side is going to DO something about it...and we already know the answer to that one."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2013 10:01 #82 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?
The source of the intelligence has always been up for debate. The way I see it.....No one has proved that Bush intentionally led us to war for nefarious reasons. It is just BS you guys on the left cook up to justify your BS. JMO.
As long as you post on this board....I will respond to you at my leisure.
Get over it.

24 Feb 2013 10:10 #83 by LadyJazzer
The FACTS have been posted... Your opinion doesn't change the facts.

24 Feb 2013 10:12 #84 by FOS
Your facts do not show that Bush acted in a malicious manner.

24 Feb 2013 10:15 #85 by LadyJazzer
They aren't "MY" facts...They are FACTS. Sources have been provided. Your opinion doesn't change the facts.

If you would like to start the 2,507th thread on the lies and cooked-intelligence that Bush used to get us into TWO unnecessary and unpaid-for wars, feel free to do so... This thread is about the Sequestration, and I'm not interested in your deflections.

24 Feb 2013 10:21 #86 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Sequestration?

LadyJazzer wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

archer wrote: The sequester was a result of congress being unable to get anything done....Obama gave them an option, the Congress took that option and voted for it.....they now are the ones who have to come up with a solution to replace it. Say what you will, Congress now owns the sequester.

Archer, Obama is the one that wanted the sequestration, he is the one the brought it up. Then the worthless Congress voted it and Obama signed it. Congress and the White House own it. I also believe they are not smart enough to come up with a solution. They are to busy worrying about themselves and not worrrying about the American people. Reid and Bone head are two peas in a pod. They are also getting thier pay raises effective with the first payday after March 27 I believe it is. This was done be excutive order. So congress as a whole can not get thier job done, cannot get a budget done, so lets reward them with a pay raise. This is how screwed up the system is up there (JMO)

I also believe the American people are not at all happy with all of Washington. Congress as a whole.

Perhaps you missed all of this:

We keep talking about how Republicans are rewriting history when they try to falsely pin fault on President Obama for the upcoming sequestration. After all, 174 House Republicans voted for the measure [66 against] that Politico said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was “the chief Republican architect of.” Today’s New York Times editorial has some choice words for this blame game, calling out Republicans for their attempts to bend the truth and rightfully showing the GOP is responsible for the upcoming sequestration:

“Republican lawmakers started a fire last year when they created a debt-ceiling crisis to force cuts in spending. Now that it is beginning to damage their most treasured military programs, they are blaming President Obama for not putting it out.”

“The final deal, negotiated by Republicans and the White House, required more than $2 trillion in cuts, far more than could have been won without extortion.”

“Mr. McCain voted yes, but that has not held him back from denouncing the very deal he supported. He called the defense cuts ‘an emergency situation’ and said he held the president responsible for allowing them to continue.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/opin ... .html?_r=0

So, let's see... The Republicans controlled the House in 2011... They voted 2-to-1 (174 to 66) FOR it..Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was “the chief Republican architect of it.” And Boehner is "happy that he got 98% of what he wanted".... (And McCain voted FOR IT, but is still talking out of both sides of his mouth....Imagine my surprise...] but they still want to hang this around Obama's neck? :lol: :rofllol :lol: :rofllol :lol: :rofllol

[youtube:2jfyiak3]
[/youtube:2jfyiak3]

Oh, "And when it all comes crashing down around the ears of the entire nation, and 50-55% blame the Republicans for THEIR lies and obstructionism, let's DO have this discussion again sometime...It's still not about "whose fault it is", but rather which side is going to DO something about it...and we already know the answer to that one."

No LJ I knew all that, I also know 95 Democrats voted for it. And in the Senate I believe it was 45 Democrat and around 35 Republicans that voted for it. I do agree it is all about who is going to do something about it.

24 Feb 2013 10:26 #87 by LadyJazzer
And 95 Democrats voted against it... And it doesn't change:

The Republicans controlled the House in 2011... They voted 2-to-1 (174 to 66) FOR it..Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was “the chief Republican architect of it.” And Boehner is "happy that he got 98% of what he wanted"....

...Does it?

b][i][u]In the Senate, 28 Republicans voted FOR it and 19 against...Also a 2-to-1 margin[/u][/i][/b

And it doesn't change that 50-55% blame the Republicans for THEIR lies and obstructionism..It's still not about "whose fault it is", but rather which side is going to DO something about it...and we already know the answer to that one."

24 Feb 2013 11:34 #88 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Sequestration?

navycpo7 wrote:

Navy, why did Obama bring sequestration up? Because Congress could not, or would not, do their job. It should have never come to that.

24 Feb 2013 11:40 #89 by FOS
I suspect it is lies from the left poured into the main stream media that is actually responsible for that 50-55%.
The Presidents press conference is a great example of that.

[youtube:g35e93ho]
[/youtube:g35e93ho]

Emergency responders like the ones who are here today — their ability to help communities respond to and recover from disasters will be degraded. Border Patrol agents will see their hours reduced. FBI agents will be furloughed. Federal prosecutors will have to close cases and let criminals go. Air traffic controllers and airport security will see cutbacks, which means more delays at airports across the country. Thousands of teachers and educators will be laid off. Tens of thousands of parents will have to scramble to find childcare for their kids. Hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose access to primary care and preventive care like flu vaccinations and cancer screenings.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/02/1 ... sequester/

I am surprised that he didn't tell America that the sun would not shine at least 1 day a week based on the sequester. Scary that so many Americans actually believe him.

24 Feb 2013 11:50 #90 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Sequestration?

archer wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

Navy, why did Obama bring sequestration up? Because Congress could not, or would not, do their job. It should have never come to that.

Archer, I am in total agreement with you on that. I have been saying that for over a year. This thing about democrats this and republicans that needs to go away. Quit the party crap and do what is right for this country. Something that has not been done in a long time. Doesn't matter under bush or obama, it has not been done.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds