Sequestration?

24 Feb 2013 17:11 #101 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?

LadyJazzer wrote:
The incessant wail of "unsustainable debt" is getting oldn.

I totally agree. It would be nice if Obama could shut up those Republicans by reducing it instead of just slowing the rate of growth this year. From 1.2 triilion to 850 billion.

And what does Obama want to do to solve sequestration? Nothing, just goes on the road and bashes the Republicans rather than put together a meaningful comrpomise. Barack has descended to LJ's level, it is more important to have sequestration as a point to attack than try to solve it. The same thing Barry did with immigration and tax loopholes.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Feb 2013 06:40 #102 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic Sequestration?

LadyJazzer wrote: A couple of years ago someone invented the Tea Party, and it's going downhill, and has an approval rating of less-than-1/3 of what it had 2 years ago (51% disapproval; 20% approval)...It's going nowhere... Who knew?

The incessant wail of "unsustainable debt" is getting old, and the public is getting wise to the fact that debt is actually DECREASING. But do continue on... It worked so well for you in the last election.

LJ, you mention the tea party more than any other person I am exposed to.

Perhaps you are afraid that your philosophy of forcing everyone into little boxes may not be sustainable.

As long as you are picking poor time periods to compare things, why not compare the support for the tea party today vs. 5 years ago. If you make that comparison, the tea party has grown by something like 10000000000%. Or why not compare support for LJ, somewhere near 5 people planetwide?

We need to face it, our govt is failing, especially because of the nuts that align with these two parties that try to get into everyones' lives and rarely if ever have positive influence. The weakest people in the country are those that align with these groups, weak, because they don't even take the time to think they only take time to align with some tiny fraction of the political spectrum. Anyone who blames another party in stead of their own greed for money or power are the problem. Since most of the people in the country align....we are now a weak country of non thinkers. A country of zombie LJs that push to move more money and power around because it makes them feel good, but they just create more issues, like this one.

Why are we in this mess, everyone greed for other people's money - just go earn some yourself and you wont have to lust after others'.

Who ever thinks the govt or country will implode because we reduce govt spending by 3% or 10% or 25% is devoid of thought and literally addicted to govt support, not in need, addicted. A problem, time to solve it. Everyone in the US learned to live on 30% less in the last 5 years, the govt can too - they actually have no choice in the long run. I feel so bad for the poor right now. So little opportunity if you have no money and so many systems designed to keep you right where you are.

26 Feb 2013 08:18 #103 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Sequestration?

on that note wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: A couple of years ago someone invented the Tea Party, and it's going downhill, and has an approval rating of less-than-1/3 of what it had 2 years ago (51% disapproval; 20% approval)...It's going nowhere... Who knew?

The incessant wail of "unsustainable debt" is getting old, and the public is getting wise to the fact that debt is actually DECREASING. But do continue on... It worked so well for you in the last election.

LJ, you mention the tea party more than any other person I am exposed to.

Perhaps you are afraid that your philosophy of forcing everyone into little boxes may not be sustainable.

As long as you are picking poor time periods to compare things, why not compare the support for the tea party today vs. 5 years ago. If you make that comparison, the tea party has grown by something like 10000000000%. Or why not compare support for LJ, somewhere near 5 people planetwide?

We need to face it, our govt is failing, especially because of the nuts that align with these two parties that try to get into everyones' lives and rarely if ever have positive influence. The weakest people in the country are those that align with these groups, weak, because they don't even take the time to think they only take time to align with some tiny fraction of the political spectrum. Anyone who blames another party in stead of their own greed for money or power are the problem. Since most of the people in the country align....we are now a weak country of non thinkers. A country of zombie LJs that push to move more money and power around because it makes them feel good, but they just create more issues, like this one.

Why are we in this mess, everyone greed for other people's money - just go earn some yourself and you wont have to lust after others'.

Who ever thinks the govt or country will implode because we reduce govt spending by 3% or 10% or 25% is devoid of thought and literally addicted to govt support, not in need, addicted. A problem, time to solve it. Everyone in the US learned to live on 30% less in the last 5 years, the govt can too - they actually have no choice in the long run. I feel so bad for the poor right now. So little opportunity if you have no money and so many systems designed to keep you right where you are.

:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Feb 2013 12:14 #104 by FredHayek
Today's Sequester News:
The House has submitted 2 different proposals to the Senate but neither one has been voted on.
Obama? Instead of in a backroom with Reid & Boehner hammering out a deal, he is down in Virgina whining to an audience of cheering fans.

It is almost like the President's Chief of Staff is saying, "You can help us best by getting out of here Barack" (and letting the real power brokers work something out?)

And sequester day of doom? Friday.

26 Feb 2013 12:20 #105 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?
Does ANYONE actually think that if Obama sat down with Reid and/or Boehner that ANYTHING would change?

:lol:

And if it was so important to do something about it, why did Boehner send the House into recess for the past 10 days?... Spare me your cheapshots... The hypocrisy is too thick.

26 Feb 2013 12:28 #106 by FredHayek
Why did Boehner send the House home? My speculation: Because goverment only seems to get anything done at the last minute so that they can load it up with pork and vote before the public and press can read it.

Besides, they had already submitted two bills to the Senate to vote/argue/compromise about?

26 Feb 2013 12:31 #107 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic Sequestration?
I don't think either side has a clue of how to negotiate. "My way or the highway" s not negotiations.

26 Feb 2013 12:37 #108 by Reverend Revelant
Replied by Reverend Revelant on topic Sequestration?
DHS to release thousands of illegal immigrants, blaming budget cuts

The Department of Homeland Security has started releasing hundreds of illegal immigrants held in local jails in anticipation of automatic budget cuts, in a move one Arizona sheriff called politically motivated -- and dangerous.
Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu said Tuesday that Immigration and Customs Enforcement released more than 500 detainees in his county alone over the weekend. A spokesman for Babeu told FoxNews.com that ICE officials have said they plan to release a total of nearly 10,000 illegal immigrants.

..." as one sheriff says the move threatens the 'safety of the public.'"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02 ... z2M2GtDoIZ

Not me... I'm armed.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Feb 2013 12:41 #109 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?

chickaree wrote: I don't think either side has a clue of how to negotiate. "My way or the highway" s not negotiations.

Exactly my point. You guys can b*tch all you want about the FACT that after sending the House out on recess in the middle of a manufactured-crisis (again), that the two sides didn't sit down and talk, but since both sides are locked into "My way or the highway", what's the point? The GOTP has made it clear that they're going to march off the cliff... They've got at least 10 "talking heads" out there saying, "Oh this is a disaster, we can't let it happen", and the clowns like Rand Paul out there saying, "Let 'er rip..."

The two bills the GOTP House passed were a joke. That's why they aren't going anywhere... When the GOTP gets serious, (after the sequester has happened, I assume), then I guess we'll see some movement...

Too bad for the GOTP, that THEY are going to be the ones paying for it. 50-55% of the American people are going to blame the GOTP...in spite of how many talking-points, and talking-heads they trot out to spin the message:

'OUT OF TOUCH'
POLL SPELLS WORRIES OF 'EXTREME' GOP

It's gonna be a loooooong 4 years for you guys.

26 Feb 2013 13:19 #110 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Sequestration?

FredHayek wrote: Today's Sequester News:
The House has submitted 2 different proposals to the Senate but neither one has been voted on.
Obama? Instead of in a backroom with Reid & Boehner hammering out a deal, he is down in Virgina whining to an audience of cheering fans.

It is almost like the President's Chief of Staff is saying, "You can help us best by getting out of here Barack" (and letting the real power brokers work something out?)

And sequester day of doom? Friday.

[/b]

AHEM.......IF you have been paying attention.....March 27th is the REAL and SERIOUSLY SEVERE deadline.......so watch for the last
week of March for "get off your ass and do something" action. The AMERICAN PUBLIC is too blame for this fubar, plain and simple.
We,as a nation, did NOT DEMAND A PLAN in a timely manner and we are NOW going to reap the "benefits" for our stupidity and inattentiveness. JMO

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds