Sequestration?

01 Mar 2013 11:58 #181 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic Sequestration?
Petty politics.....seen it a multitude of times.....miriad of times......massin
ve number of times.....ehhhhhhh....point made ? The pols who eat our blessings, trot out ........teachers, children, police, firepersons, librarians, the down troden,......etc., etc., etc...........and play the sheep Americans for more unearned political chickens-in-pots. The feds can move billions from-to accounts with servers and keyboards.......there is no crisis.....only manipulation. Lets do this monthly for a year......that is progress.

Close the borders, cut cops, courts and stop the madness of MJ law (started finally), terminate Medicade and require again the taxpayers to pay into medical FIRST (as many did/do) there all fixed. Was that not so simple......but the Socalists do not get it........yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Mar 2013 14:30 #182 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
Oh noes, now the White House is being closed for tours! That will show them.

How many goverment jobs would have been saved if Barack had played golf at Camp David instead of in Florida? 6 million dollars would cancel a lot of furloughs, 350 federal employees?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Mar 2013 14:37 #183 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?
I wonder how many jobs could have been saved if Boehner decided to work more than 109 days in 2012, instead of working on his golf-tan? I wonder how many could have been created if they had stayed in-town to work instead of putting the House in recess for the 10 days leading up to the week of the sequester; and recessing the House at 12:30 on the Thursday prior to the sequester taking effect, so he could go work on his golf-tan. So, 3-1/2 days' worth of work out of 20... Not bad.

(Lessee, Boehner and the 112th Congress put in a total of 109 workdays in 2012; and they have 126 workdays planned for 2013... Not bad for $223,500 a year. No wonder Boehner always looks so rested...and orange....er, TAN...

Oooh, and Eric Cantor get's $193,400.00 / year... Not bad for 109 day's work...)

But just think of all the post-offices that got renamed, money spent on hiring lawyers to fight for the unconstitutional DOMA bill, and now many War-Against-Woman bills they were able to introduce...Ooooo, and 33 bills to overturn ObamaCare! (How'd that work out?)... The mind boggles...

05 Mar 2013 20:48 #184 by gmule
Replied by gmule on topic Sequestration?
The current administration is doing everything it can to make the small cuts hurt the general public instead of cutting where it wouldn't be noticed. Why? Because if we cut 2% and nothing bad happens people might wake up and realize we really can cut the budget. The current administration doesn't want that.

06 Mar 2013 07:39 - 06 Mar 2013 08:36 #185 by FredHayek
White House Easter Egg Roll Sequester cutbacks! Kids will only get one egg. Per Fox News.

Maybe they need to work out a deal with an poultry supplier? Eggland's Best White House Easter Egg Roll?

And because of Michele's anti-obesity campaign will they only give away sugar free candy?

06 Mar 2013 08:29 #186 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Sequestration?

gmule wrote: The current administration is doing everything it can to make the small cuts hurt the general public instead of cutting where it wouldn't be noticed. Why? Because if we cut 2% and nothing bad happens people might wake up and realize we really can cut the budget. The current administration doesn't want that.

Yup, even when they "cut", the gov't still spends more than it did the year before. Never let a good crisis go to waste...

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Mar 2013 08:41 #187 by lionshead2010
Replied by lionshead2010 on topic Sequestration?
What was the name of that other thread? "Keep Doin' What You're Doin'?"

Based on how the market and jobless rates are reacting...it would seem Sequestration was a good idea after all. :biggrin:

U.S. jobless rate falls as 236,000 jobs are created
Biggest gains in professional services, construction

http://www.marketwatch.com/

Stock futures extend gains after payrolls data
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/stock- ... MW_popular

Why does the Dow soar as the economy struggles?
Commentary: No mystery: U.S. is making hiring harder

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-do ... inginsight

Been a little buys with my pesky job, paying taxes and all (you know, living the liberal dream)....but am I missing something here? I heard nothing but doom and gloom as sequestration approached. Now that it has technically arrived all I'm hearing is good economic news. Maybe we need MORE government cuts. :faint:

08 Mar 2013 08:50 #188 by FredHayek
White House Tours back on? Fox News talking heads Sean Hannity and Eric Boling have offered to pay the expenses for a couple weeks this spring so our school kids can see goverment in action, er, in-action? Will Barack take them up on their offer?

08 Mar 2013 09:12 #189 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?
Since the jobs numbers that just came out are based on pre-sequester numbers, it's a nice thing to see, but I'm not convinced that it's going to keep going...although I hope it does...

And another interesting thing about the Stock Market:

Chart (2013) - Disconnect between Stock Market, Corporate Profits, Wages (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis)

Hmmmm...Isn't it swell that investor's are doing great.... Corporate profits, (as we've pointed out hundreds of times) are through the ROOF!! Yay...I'm so thrilled that the rich are getting richer.

And what happened to all that wealth "trickling down"...Ooopsie... That number at the bottom is how the rest of the 99% are doing. But hey, the Randroids don't care about them. Who cares if the middle-class is disappearing.

Well, we can hope the jobs number continue to improve, but let's see the ones that come in AFTER the sequester.

And yes, I'm still hoping the GOTP "jus' keeps doin' what yer doin'".... That middle-class that the GOTP doesn't give a flip about, (and that cost you the election in 2012), is going to clean more of the 'baggers out of the House & Senate in 2014.

08 Mar 2013 10:36 #190 by FredHayek
Dow record highs? Not if you factor inflation in.

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds