Sequestration?

28 Feb 2013 19:20 #171 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
Maxine Waters says 140 million people will lose their jobs! Does she even know how many Americans are still employed in the Obamarecession?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2013 19:58 #172 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?
I thought it was 170 million.

28 Feb 2013 20:25 #173 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Sequestration?
http://www.investors.com/image/RamirezObamaSequesterBoomerang2-23-13_600.jpg.cms

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

28 Feb 2013 20:35 #174 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Sequestration?

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

28 Feb 2013 20:41 #175 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Sequestration?

FredHayek wrote: Maxine Waters says 140 million people will lose their jobs! Does she even know how many Americans are still employed in the Obamarecession?

I too think that Waters said it was more like 170 million jobs will be lost due to the sequester.

Regardless, it's a ridiculous claim. The total number employed in the US is closer to 143 million.

EVERYONE is going to lose their job!! The sky is falling!!

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t09.htm

28 Feb 2013 21:47 #176 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Sequestration?

pineinthegrass wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Maxine Waters says 140 million people will lose their jobs! Does she even know how many Americans are still employed in the Obamarecession?

I too think that Waters said it was more like 170 million jobs will be lost due to the sequester.

Regardless, it's a ridiculous claim. The total number employed in the US is closer to 143 million.

EVERYONE is going to lose their job!! The sky is falling!!

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t09.htm

I think the basic problem is that some pols just don't have a basic understanding of numbers. Millions, billions, whats the difference. Pelosi made a similar mistake although I do not remember the context.

01 Mar 2013 07:23 - 01 Mar 2013 09:56 #177 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
Flyovers for sporting events are now cutback too! Oh no. Once again, no talk about making Eric Holder fly commercial instead of a Lear jet, let cut back on the showy stuff.
In Great Britain, the Prime Minister flies commercial, but in America, the largest number of planes in the US Air Force are commercial aircraft used to fly around bureaucrats and politicians. There is just so much waste to be trimmed.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Mar 2013 09:33 #178 by FOS
The sun is shining today.....

01 Mar 2013 10:18 #179 by FOS
"This is not going to be an Apocalypse as some people have said"
(President Obama)

The president indicated it was going to be apocalypse.

[youtube:20z4kmzl]
[/youtube:20z4kmzl]

Mind Boggling how he gets away with this crap.

01 Mar 2013 11:45 #180 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic Sequestration?
Petty politics.....seen it a multitude of times.....miriad of times......massin
ve number of times.....ehhhhhhh....point made ? The pols who eat our blessings, trot out ........teachers, children, police, firepersons, librarians, the down troden,......etc., etc., etc...........and play the sheep Americans for more unearned political chickens-in-pots. The feds can move billions from-to accounts with servers and keyboards.......there is no crisis.....only manipulation. Lets do this monthly for a year......that is progress.

Close the borders, cut cops, courts and stop the madness of MJ law (started finally), terminate Medicade and require again the taxpayers to pay into medical FIRST (as many did/do) there all fixed. Was that not so simple......but the Socalists do not get it........yet.

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds