Sequestration?

08 Mar 2013 10:39 #191 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?

FredHayek wrote: Dow record highs? Not if you factor inflation in.

Of course, you have a SOURCE to prove what effect the inflation-factor is?...And how it would change the numbers? I'm waiting to see that...

Then I think we should factor inflation into Bush's two unnecessary, unpaid-for wars, the unpaid for tax-cuts, the no-bid contracts, the unpaid-for drug-benefit...

That should put him up around $6 Trillion of the National Debt. You want to play that game?...Let's play...

Let's take this and "adjust it for inflation", shall we?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Mar 2013 10:58 #192 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
North Jersey.com. The Dow would have to hit 15,502 to reach a record after adjustment for inflation.

The other peril of cheering the Dow? The Dow is the best companies, firms that preform badly get removed from the Dow basket. And to further depress, much of the gain in the Dow have come from only 10% of those stocks listed. Choose the wrong Dow stocks and you have been stagnant.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Mar 2013 10:59 #193 by LadyJazzer
And your link to the FACTS is? ... Oh, I forgot...You don't do links....or FACTS.

Yeah...whatever...

08 Mar 2013 11:08 #194 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Sequestration?

FredHayek wrote: North Jersey.com. The Dow would have to hit 15,502 to reach a record after adjustment for inflation.

The other peril of cheering the Dow? The Dow is the best companies, firms that preform badly get removed from the Dow basket. And to further depress, much of the gain in the Dow have come from only 10% of those stocks listed. Choose the wrong Dow stocks and you have been stagnant.

Could you please source the actual article, I searched on the site for an article with that information but could not find one. Also a source that only 10% of the stocks accounted for much of the gain.

The stock market is always a gamble, and no, it does not necessarily relate to the health of the economy (although the new job numbers are looking to be pretty good) but the steady rise in the Dow, the S&P, and NASDAQ does show a greater confidence by investors in the health of our economy and it's recovery....IMHO.

08 Mar 2013 11:24 #195 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?
You can just google "dow record inflation adjusted", more than one source is reporting this.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Mar 2013 11:34 #196 by LadyJazzer
Or...You could post a link...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Besides...You know what's important about that chart?...It's not whether or not the Dow has reached it's highest point ever, (whether or not it's been "adjusted for inflation"....It's the jaw-dropping growth in CORPORATE PROFITS....while the rest of the 99% have been getting screwed....

Chart (2013) - Disconnect between Stock Market, Corporate Profits, Wages (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis)

Hmmmm...Isn't it swell that investor's are doing great.... Corporate profits, (as we've pointed out hundreds of times) are through the ROOF!! Yay...I'm so thrilled that the rich are getting richer.

And what happened to all that wealth "trickling down"...Ooopsie... That number at the bottom is how the rest of the 99% are doing. But hey, the Randroids don't care about them. Who cares if the middle-class is disappearing.

I don't much CARE if the Dow has reached it's highest point ever, (whether or not it's been "adjusted for inflation"...)

10 Mar 2013 12:53 #197 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?
Reality Check.
While the White House is closed to the public......

Adele lands her biggest ever gig at Michelle Obama's 50th birthday party.

America’s First Lady will be holding a huge celebrity-packed party for her birthday at the White House next year and, as she adores Adele and Beyonce, she has asked them both to sing,’ says a source.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... party.html

10 Mar 2013 12:56 #198 by LadyJazzer

frogger wrote: Reality Check.
While the White House is closed to the public......

Adele lands her biggest ever gig at Michelle Obama's 50th birthday party.

America’s First Lady will be holding a huge celebrity-packed party for her birthday at the White House next year and, as she adores Adele and Beyonce, she has asked them both to sing,’ says a source.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... party.html

Boy, it's a good thing that it's not being paid for with taxpayer funds, and the Obama's are going to pick up the tab!

The source added: ‘The Obamas will pay Adele’s expenses as it’s a private party, not a State one.’

I guess you forgot to read that part, huh...? Lame. So, since this is paid for out of the Obama's private funds, the point of this in a thread about "Sequestration" is...? Oh, yeah... Anything to take a swipe at Michelle Obama...

And ANOTHER "outrage-of-the-day" bites the dust.... :lol: :rofllol

10 Mar 2013 13:35 #199 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Sequestration?
I'm pretty sure that frogger knows the Obamas would be paying for Michelle's birthday party.....but you are right LJ, why let an outrage and whine go by? Must be a slow Sunday.

10 Mar 2013 13:38 #200 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?
just glad to hear that sequestration is not affecting the Obama's personally.

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds