Sequestration?

12 Mar 2013 10:03 #221 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Sequestration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2013 10:17 #222 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Sequestration?
Why can't the top 1%'ers and corporations deal with having their tax-loopholes closed, (like the GOTP agreed to before), and pay their fair share?

Too bad most of the so-called "corruption" appears to be in the Defense industry, and the corporations hiding their money off-shore. Hey, I would be all for cutting out THAT corruption!!

12 Mar 2013 10:33 #223 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Sequestration?

LadyJazzer wrote: Why can't the top 1%'ers and corporations deal with having their tax-loopholes closed, (like the GOTP agreed to before), and pay their fair share?

Too bad most of the so-called "corruption" appears to be in the Defense industry, and the corporations hiding their money off-shore. Hey, I would be all for cutting out THAT corruption!!

You still have never given an adequate explanation for why tax loopholes weren't eliminated when the Dems had the House. Those oil company tax credits weren't touched. Wealth disparity increased.

Sequestration? Deny tuition help to America's veterans, but give it to illegal aliens. :smackshead:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Mar 2013 10:35 #224 by LadyJazzer
Gee, I don't know... Why didn't the GOTP get us out of two unnecessary wars when they figured out that they'd been lied to by the Bush Administration...?

I don't care why it didn't happen..Perhaps because the TeaBaggers in the GOP filibustered every single thing the Dems tried to do... (By the way, how did that "Make Obama a one-term president" thing work out for ya? Offhand, I'd say it worked out about as well as keeping control of the Colorado State House, and preventing all of the gun-control legislation from passing)...

I want it to happen NOW... But feel free to insert your usual, standard irrelevant: "They did it too" deflection here: _

(Oh, and for the record, I AM Proud to be a Democrat!) :biggrin: :rofllol :lol:

12 Mar 2013 10:53 #225 by FredHayek
The Tea Party wasn't even in existence when the Dems signed onto the two wars. (They could have denied them funds.)

Unnecessary wars? Weren't the Dem talking points that Afghanistan was the good war and Iraq was the bad one? Obama used to say that before he evolved, and now he says the drone war is the Best War, even on Americans overseas.

12 Mar 2013 10:56 #226 by LadyJazzer
The teabagger "types" were "in existence", whether they were formally called the "TeaParty" or not... And you know it... So, save your hair-splitting for someone who gives a flip. The obstructionist Randroids were having a meeting on the day of the first inauguration to make him a one-term president...

Enjoy your one-handed game of "They did it too"...

13 Mar 2013 10:51 #227 by lionshead2010
Replied by lionshead2010 on topic Sequestration?
So basically, Sequestration is yet another form of class or race warfare. Another reason for us to fight it right? :faint:

Sequestration Set To Deepen Inequality In U.S., Experts Say

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/1 ... 66565.html

But a growing chorus of researchers, political analysts and economists say that the cuts are poised to inflict particularly intense pain on people of color and impede the country’s ability to prosper as these populations grow.

“What you will keep hearing is that it is a little to early to know exactly what is going to happen. And I agree. But I think there are certainly a number of areas where you can expect a disproportionate impact on black and Latino families," said Margaret C. Simms, a fellow at the Urban Institute think tank in Washington, D.C., and director of its Low-Income Working Families Project. "What we are talking about is taking the existing inequalities this country has and really making them worse, much worse.”

13 Mar 2013 11:50 #228 by FredHayek

lionshead2010 wrote: So basically, Sequestration is yet another form of class or race warfare. Another reason for us to fight it right? :faint:

Sequestration Set To Deepen Inequality In U.S., Experts Say

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/1 ... 66565.html

But a growing chorus of researchers, political analysts and economists say that the cuts are poised to inflict particularly intense pain on people of color and impede the country’s ability to prosper as these populations grow.

“What you will keep hearing is that it is a little to early to know exactly what is going to happen. And I agree. But I think there are certainly a number of areas where you can expect a disproportionate impact on black and Latino families," said Margaret C. Simms, a fellow at the Urban Institute think tank in Washington, D.C., and director of its Low-Income Working Families Project. "What we are talking about is taking the existing inequalities this country has and really making them worse, much worse.”

Since Obama signed sequestration, the wealth disparity increases under him again! Good going, Barack!!! He just lets those Republicans get away with murder again and again, very weak man.

13 Mar 2013 11:54 #229 by LadyJazzer
Since the GOTP got what it wanted with Sequestration, the wealth disparity continues because that was their goal in the first place. Let the 1%-ers and the Corporations keep their obscene tax-loopholes while trying to make a phony case for cutting entitlements, (which have NOTHING to do with the deficit.)

Let 'em shut down the government... They'll pay the same price they did in 1995...

PLEASE, Jus' keep doin' what yer doin'...

14 Mar 2013 06:18 #230 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Sequestration?
Another lie!

President Barack Obama is blaming the U.S. Secret Service for the politically damaging decision to close the popular White House tours, and also suggested he would restart the tours.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/13/obama ... use-tours/

Former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino told Breitbart News that President Barack Obama was lying when he blamed the cancellation of White House tours on his former agency.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... ouse-tours

But......The presidents own press secretary said.....as he back peddled for the administration

[youtube:2d8ijday]
[/youtube:2d8ijday]

So....the president throws the guys who would take a bullet for him under the bus.
hmmmm

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds