CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK

12 Aug 2010 13:24 #21 by LadyJazzer
"Go and boil your bottoms, son of a silly person. I blow my nose on you, and your silly English K...kaniggets. I don't want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal, food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

(Would that be "a rapidly growing number of people who are fighting to make this county better" that just lost the election by 2-to-1?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2010 13:31 #22 by CC
Replied by CC on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK
LOL LJ

12 Aug 2010 13:38 #23 by Mtn Gramma

fordgirl wrote: Another concern is that I heard rumor today that when that happens Monte Gore could be appointed to Commissioner or even Bobi his wife....scary thoughts people.

Any comments?

Yep -- that's not true. Tighe is term-limited. His office will be up for a vote at that time. If he were to resign prior to the end of his term whomever is appointed to fill his seat would simply serve out the remainder of his term and would have to run for it when Tighe's term expires (2012).

Dowalaby has served the remaining time of his "fill in", which is why he has to run again in November. Same situation.

12 Aug 2010 14:06 #24 by HEARTLESS
LJ, in seriousness (yes on occasion I can't help it) the groups you so love to hate are just people concerned with where the country, state and counties are heading. Not just in political views, but in doing whats right. This group in particular is concerned with what I've heard referred to as Empire Building. Most are very concerned with the feeling their elected officials no longer represent the people.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Aug 2010 14:15 #25 by Chris Sparks PlatteSuper

LadyJazzer wrote: "Go and boil your bottoms, son of a silly person. I blow my nose on you, and your silly English K...kaniggets. I don't want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal, food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

(Would that be "a rapidly growing number of people who are fighting to make this county better" that just lost the election by 2-to-1?)

Thank you LJ for recognizing Monty Python when you hear it. At least you have a good sense of humour. Also, thank you for identifying that growth of individuals taking notice. About six months ago, the group against corruption was probably around 75 to 100, and the vocal minority was maybe around 10, 15 if we were lucky. Now look at it, the numbers have significantly grown and they are only going to get larger. You rock LJ, thank you for bringing this information to my attention.

"To each good man there is a good day." ~ Christian E. Sparks, 26 August 2010

12 Aug 2010 14:28 #26 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK
Hillbilly Deluxe with pick-up Trucks....

Becky, thanks for letting us crash the party with a gathering of concerned citizens that want to take this to the next level. We promise to eat some food too!

I can bring one of those Costco packages of burgers and a package of foot long Hebrew National Dogs. Anytang els?

12 Aug 2010 14:39 - 12 Aug 2010 15:00 #27 by LadyJazzer

HEARTLESS wrote: LJ, in seriousness (yes on occasion I can't help it) the groups you so love to hate are just people concerned with where the country, state and counties are heading. Not just in political views, but in doing whats right. This group in particular is concerned with what I've heard referred to as Empire Building. Most are very concerned with the feeling their elected officials no longer represent the people.

With all due respect, "this group" has had weeks to convince the rest of the county's residents that such a change was needed. As a group, they have maligned, attacked, smeared, accused with innuendo, (accused him of everything except "being a white man"), and done everything they could to tear down their opponent and push forward their champion... (Whether any of it is true or untrue, I don't know--and don't care. But I find the tactics disgusting, petty and despicable.) There were meetings, there have been so many threads started on 285Bound, PineCam, and who knows how many other sites to get your word out. True, not everyone has a computer; and not everyone that has one gets involved in chatrooms; and not everyone that has one and gets involved in chatrooms is rabidly into politics...

As I understand it, this was mostly a mail-in-ballot election... That means that there really wasn't an issue of "getting your group-members [physically] to the polls." It was as simple as marking a circle with a pencil, affixing a 44-cent stamp and putting it in the mailbox.

After weeks of the political jihad waged against Wegener, his deputies and his department, the best you could come up with was 738 people who believed as you do and voted for him....out of the whole area of Park County. And there were 1,526 people who believed in the current folks who had to do the same thing...mark a ballot, stamp it, and mail it. This B.S. of "people being apathetic" doesn't seem to have much basis in fact.

So, it appears that the 738 disgruntled people feel the need to try to continue their jihad and start a recall-election, when their neighbors, by a 2-to-1 margin--for those that took the time to vote--have already decided what they want.

There's a reason why I so dislike "the groups love to hate." The foaming-at-the-mouth right-wingers, while well-intentioned, think that THEIR ends justify ANY "means", and that scares me. Like a bunch of spoiled kids who got outvoted by their friends on what movie to go see on Saturday, there's a nucleus of "politics-of-personal-destruction" wingnuts who aren't satisfied with having lost an election fair-and-square...They need to somehow "right-the-wrong" and overturn the candidate that the majority elected. It's the people who are "doing what's right", by assuming that everyone else who doesn't believe what they believe are "doing what's wrong." Those are scary people to me. Because the ones who are really over the line can do things like trying to assert their will by force; by personal attack; by extra-legal means. Moral righteousness is a scary thing.

You guys may be right... Wegener, et al, may have done everything you accuse them of. I don't know...And I don't care... But you had your chance at the polls... and you blew it. And this continued jihad-of-personal-destruction disgusts me. Someone asked in another thread about whether "moving to Park County after the election was a good idea." If I were making that decision based on what I've seen on this and other boards, I would not... And it would have nothing to do with Sheriff Fred...It would have to do with the fact that there are a bunch of people in Park County that I would not feel comfortable living next to. It's a terrible thing when you feel like you might have to fear your neighbors because they don't just disagree with you--they act like they want to do you harm because you don't agree with them.

12 Aug 2010 14:44 #28 by 40coupe
Replied by 40coupe on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK
Somebody call the DOW...the cougar seems to be gone from SE Denver, and, coincidentally, is back online at the Junction.

12 Aug 2010 14:57 #29 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK
Folks, have patience. This is a tactic that the opposition will use as the mean aggressors & accusers get close to the fort. Hold the line. The truth will come out.

Primary elections are predominantly the time where the activists get out. Bedroom community people feel the primaries are a waste of time. We will discuss how the word will end up in their homes. Until then, see you on Saturday.

12 Aug 2010 15:09 #30 by LadyJazzer
For the record, I'm not "the opposition." I don't live in Park County...I don't vote in your elections...I'm not an activist... I don't even have a particular preference of Wegener over Graves... But based on what I've seen, I'd probably vote for Wegener just because everyone that I politically disagree with has spent so much time and effort tearing him down.

I'm telling you what I see... and it reminds me of "To Kill a Mockingbird"... It's ugly... And the more the rabidly-righteous wind themselves in knots, the uglier it gets.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds