CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK

12 Aug 2010 15:16 - 12 Aug 2010 15:29 #31 by Chris Sparks PlatteSuper

LadyJazzer wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: LJ, in seriousness (yes on occasion I can't help it) the groups you so love to hate are just people concerned with where the country, state and counties are heading. Not just in political views, but in doing whats right. This group in particular is concerned with what I've heard referred to as Empire Building. Most are very concerned with the feeling their elected officials no longer represent the people.

With all due respect, "this group" has had weeks to convince the rest of the county's residents that such a change was needed. As a group, they have maligned, attacked, smeared, accused with innuendo, (accused him of everything except "being a white man"), and done everything they could to tear down their opponent and push forward their champion... (Whether any of it is true or untrue, I don't know--and don't care. But I find the tactics disgusting, petty and despicable.) There were meetings, there have been so many threads started on 285Bound, PineCam, and who knows how many other sites to get your word out. True, not everyone has a computer; and not everyone that has one gets involved in chatrooms; and not everyone that has one and gets involved in chatrooms is rabidly into politics...

As I understand it, this was mostly a mail-in-ballot election... That means that there really wasn't an issue of "getting your group-members [physically] to the polls." It was as simple as marking a circle with a pencil, affixing a 44-cent stamp and putting it in the mailbox.

After weeks of the political jihad waged against Wegener, his deputies and his department, the best you could come up with was 738 people who believed as you do and voted for him....out of the whole area of Park County. And there were 1,526 people who believed in the current folks who had to do the same thing...mark a ballot, stamp it, and mail it. This B.S. of "people being apathetic" doesn't seem to have much basis in fact.

So, it appears that the 738 disgruntled people feel the need to try to continue their jihad and start a recall-election, when their neighbors, by a 2-to-1 margin--for those that took the time to vote--have already decided what they want.

There's a reason why I so dislike "the groups love to hate." The foaming-at-the-mouth right-wingers, while well-intentioned, think that THEIR ends justify ANY "means", and that scares me. Like a bunch of spoiled kids who got outvoted by their friends on what movie to go see on Saturday, there's a nucleus of "politics-of-personal-destruction" wingnuts who aren't satisfied with having lost an election fair-and-square...They need to somehow "right-the-wrong" and overturn the candidate that the majority elected. It's the people who are "doing what's right", by assuming that everyone else who doesn't believe what they believe are "doing what's wrong." Those are scary people to me. Because the ones who are really over the line can do things like trying to assert their will by force; by personal attack; by extra-legal means. Moral righteousness is a scary thing.

You guys may be right... Wegener, et al, may have done everything you accuse them of. I don't know...And I don't care... But you had your chance at the polls... and you blew it. And this continued jihad-of-personal-destruction disgusts me. Someone asked in another thread about whether "moving to Park County after the election was a good idea." If I were making that decision based on what I've seen on this and other boards, I would not... And it would have nothing to do with Sheriff Fred...It would have to do with the fact that there are a bunch of people in Park County that I would not feel comfortable living next to. It's a terrible thing when you feel like you might have to fear your neighbors because they don't just disagree with you--they act like they want to do you harm because you don't agree with them.

LJ, I am surprised I am writing this, but I truly feel sorry for you. You have missed the point, and it now appears that you have no conception about our founding fathers, our constitution or the political apparatus in which we survive. The Declaration of Independence did not happen over night, nor was the first vote to declare independence successful. The right for women to vote didn't happen overnight, nor did the first attempt succeed. Civil Rights did not happen overnight, nor the first court case. Right to Life lost in Roe v. Wade, but they haven't given up.

Yes the voter have spoken, but it isn't over. The bell has rung, Wegener won the first round, and we are only moving into round two. 13 more to go.

"To each good man there is a good day." ~ Christian E. Sparks, 26 August 2010

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2010 15:24 #32 by LadyJazzer

PlatteSuper wrote: LJ, I am surprised I am writing this, but I truly fell sorry for you. You have missed the point, and it now appears that you have no conception about our founding fathers, our constitution or the political apparatus in which we survive. The Declaration of Independence did not happen over night, nor was the first vote to declare independence successful. The right for women to vote didn't happen overnight, nor did the first attempt succeed. Civil Rights did not happen overnight, nor the first court case. Right to Life lost in Roe v. Wade, but they haven't given up.

Yes the voter have spoken, but it isn't over. The bell has rung, Wegener won the first round, and we are only moving into round two. 13 more to go.

Please spare me your lecture on "the Constitution", "Founding Fathers", "Declaration of Independence"... I'll have to go find the cross and flag and wrap myself in them just to keep up.

When "Right to Life" lost, ("anti-abortion" is a better name, because it is not the same as "pro-life"), Right-to-Choose won. I won't get into the tiresome Roe v. Wade/abortion debate again. You don't like abortion? Don't have one.

I didn't say you didn't have the right to organize, to meet, to campaign or anything else. Wegener didn't just "win"---he won by 2-to-1... So, organize away... Personally, I'll be glad to see you spending so much of your time, effort and money chasing that outcome.

12 Aug 2010 15:29 #33 by rlcarolyn
LJ,
I must speak out now, I agree with PlatteSuper! You need to go watch this video Newt Gingrich even put out! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7020233676

And for you not to care that there ************************* You don't care if they are caught? Do you have children or grandchildren? Well honey I do and I do care what they are doing in our schools. I am here to protect them from ***** And what do you call a person of trust that is over the age of 21 having sex with children under the age of 17? Is this the kind of example you want set for our girls?

12 Aug 2010 15:33 - 12 Aug 2010 17:21 #34 by Chris Sparks PlatteSuper

LadyJazzer wrote:

PlatteSuper wrote: LJ, I am surprised I am writing this, but I truly fell sorry for you. You have missed the point, and it now appears that you have no conception about our founding fathers, our constitution or the political apparatus in which we survive. The Declaration of Independence did not happen over night, nor was the first vote to declare independence successful. The right for women to vote didn't happen overnight, nor did the first attempt succeed. Civil Rights did not happen overnight, nor the first court case. Right to Life lost in Roe v. Wade, but they haven't given up.

Please spare me your lecture on "the Constitution", "Founding Fathers", "Declaration of Independence"... I'll have to go find the cross and flag and wrap myself in them just to keep up.

When "Right to Life" lost, ("anti-abortion" is a better name, because it is not the same as "pro-life"), Right-to-Choose won. I won't get into the tiresome Roe v. Wade/abortion debate again. You don't like abortion? Don't have one.

I didn't say you didn't have the right to organize, to meet, to campaign or anything else. Wegener didn't just "win"---he won by 2-to-1... So, organize away... Personally, I'll be glad to see you spending so much of your time, effort and money chasing that outcome.

I don't need to reply to your last statement as you stated it all in the first paragraph. I do believe I read something like that by Karl Marx. It was required reading in one of my many Political Science classes.

Good day Ma'am

"To each good man there is a good day." ~ Christian E. Sparks, 26 August 2010

12 Aug 2010 15:37 #35 by ColoradoXprss
And hence YOU DON'T CARE!!! So typical...but LJ, may I also add that I DON'T care that YOU don't live in this county that you DON'T CARE one way or the other of what the outcome was. But you certainly DO NOT have the right to judge those that have seen, lived it and know how the posteuring of the Sheriff's office has been the last 8 years I've lived here, I have voted here; always have. Mr. Wegener (I refuse to call him a Sheriff, because he has NOT EARNED that title IMO) along WITH the County Commissioners are all "overspending" at the expense of the Park County Taxpayers. that I do know is fact. You don't have a fight in this, you're right but I do and will continue to fight for what is right for the people of Park County as long as I'm living here. Please don't be condescending in calling me/us "rabidly-righteous"; all I want for the county I live in is honesty, accountability and keeping the taxpayers informed. I am tired of Park County residents having to bail out our illustrious current "in the red" administration; which IMO couldn't balance a checkbook if their lives depended on it without throwing in some "whoaaa is us, lets see who we can beg money from this time and get it". I know its all water under the bridge now, but there were many many Democrats as well as Republicans at the many Meet and Greets and Debates, there were many Democrats that wished they could have voted for Michael Graves. Wonder what the numbers would have looked like if Mr. Graves would have run as an independent/unaffiliated where ALL registered voters of Park County had the opportunity to vote in the Primary...I'd bet my life on it that Mr. Graves would have won by a landslide.

12 Aug 2010 16:36 #36 by shilohloki
Hey, I want in!! However, weekends are bad for me, I work 12's. Wednesday thru Friday is optimal, could we set up a future prelim meeting on one of these days?

12 Aug 2010 17:14 #37 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK
LJ does not have any real interest in Park County Politics and you guys should just stop arguing with the troublemaker who does nothing but this kind of stuff. I won't get into the reasoning but will Sat.

I am in AV8OR, see you then.

12 Aug 2010 21:56 #38 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK
I look forward to seeing y'all Saturday.

I have a suggestion with respect to "LJ". Hit the IGNORE button.

She is not worth it! But, she is coming close to hearing my saying that I usually say to some folks. Becky will cut me off, I know.

13 Aug 2010 14:35 #39 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK
Trust me on this.

YOU WILL WANT TO BE AT THE 285 BOUND BBQ TOMORROW!

That is all I can say for now.

13 Aug 2010 15:10 #40 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK

LadyJazzer wrote:

IrvWeinstein wrote: Looks like the lunatic conspiracy theory folks from park bull**** are posting their vitriol here too. Zero credibility for these posts filled with insanity and rage, no wonder Fred won by a 2 to 1 margin.
Raiding a party at Becky's ? Shouldn't have to, shes captain of the raving tin foil hat squad.

rofllol I don't know who you are, Stranger, but I like the cut of your jib and the way you wear your hat... :lol:

(No offense to Becky... She and I don't tangle all that much... But this does sound like someone I would have something in common with...) :biggrin:

lmao!!!! rofllol

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds