CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK

16 Aug 2010 06:40 #71 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK
Ditto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2010 09:52 #72 by mugwump
Replied by mugwump on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK
I received a PM from one of the barking dogs a 285bounder was complaining about.

O.K, I am exaggerating, but ........

Here is the link to the County Code Enforcement webpage.

It's unfortunate that we must go through this lengthy process when a "neighbor" assaults are own health and quality of life. The sheriff "guy" is also supposed to be a neighbor too. The difference is he has a high degree of authority and a uniform to back it up. In less time than it takes to say what one must do before he considers a complaint he would use his influence to, in a friendly way have a deputy try to convince the barking dog keeper to be more neighborly, in a neighborly manner. If that doesn't work the sheriff or deputy may, as a caring resident add a note to the complaint you file suggesting that he tried to help and that he suggests that the process be expedited.

That is very simple and gentle. Something any member of our county community, especially with added stature would be happy to do.

If the sheriff, or one of his deputies reads this consider this approach as one step for reducing any negative that may be directed toward the Sheriff's office, and discuss it at the office.

16 Aug 2010 10:01 #73 by PC Motivator
AV8OR, billy and Becky! Will you children please take your private fight outside!?! :bash When you are ready to be friends you can come back in and play with the rest of us.

[center:hw9loff2]By the people? For the people?[/center:hw9loff2]

16 Aug 2010 10:11 #74 by CC
Replied by CC on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK
What are talking about?

16 Aug 2010 12:22 #75 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic CITIZENS for REFORM OF PARK

NEMESIS wrote: AV8OR, billy and Becky! Will you children please take your private fight outside!?! :bash When you are ready to be friends you can come back in and play with the rest of us.

NEMESIS,

Would you kindly keep the comments reserved to the topic of the thread? We are trying to not clutter up and keep the thread on topic so that folks can access and post important information. (hence, the "IGNORE" button)

Your coopreation is greatly appreciated by all.

Thank you.

16 Aug 2010 18:49 #76 by Valle Girl

RidinHy06 wrote: I take it this is a spin-off of Mike's Citizen Committee. If this is true, we're in. What time Saturday? And where? Recall of Fred? Oh yeh!!! I'm on board!

This is not a spin-off of "Mike's Citizen Committee." That committee was terminated on July 20, 2010 due to circumstances beyond...control

16 Aug 2010 20:09 - 17 Aug 2010 23:52 #77 by AV8OR
This is a committee to bring forth to action the RECALL of PARK COUNTY:

County Commissioner - District 1
County Commissioner - District 2
County Commissioner - District 3

Sheriff

It is not endorsed by any current candidate. It is also looking at election fraud issues.

17 Aug 2010 23:52 #78 by AV8OR
According to Title 1, Article XXI, Section 1;

A petition signed by registered electors entitled to vote for a successor of the incumbent sought to be recalled, equal in number to twenty-five percent of the entire vote cast at the last preceding election for all candidates for the position which the incumbent sought to be recalled occupies

DISTRICT ONE:

JOHN TIGHE 5,366
LORA ABCARIAN 2,817
CHRISTOPHER HOPKINS (WRITE-IN) 164
TOTAL VOTES 8,347

X 25% 2,087 PETITIONS REQUIRED

DISTRICT TWO:

RICHARD HODGES 4,513
LYNDA JAMES 3,721
ā€œZā€ NOVKOVIC 391
TOTAL VOTES 8,635

X 25% 2,159 PETITIONS REQUIRED

DISTRICT THREE:

MARK DOWALIBY 6,791
(UNCONTESTED) 0
TOTAL VOTES 6,791

X 25% 1,698 PETITIONS REQUIRED

SHERIFF (2006 RESULTS):

FRED WEGENER 5,500
ROGER EASLEY 926
DON ANTHONY (WRITE-IN) 137
TOTAL VOTES 6,563

X 25% 1,641 PETITIONS REQUIRED

This supercedes what I previously posted under a different thread. This does NOT mean you add up the sum total and that is the number of petitions one needs to recall. All we merely need to do is to obtain a minimum of 2,159 QUALIFIED signatures. They can sign a separate petition for each of the 4 elected officials.

I will have more information to present and discuss at a near future meeting. Please frequent this thread to learn when the meeting will take place and the location.

18 Aug 2010 10:21 #79 by AV8OR
FIRST MEETING:

Coming soon!

I am working on the location at this moment. The date will most likely be Monday evening. This will coincide with the Clerk's certification of the Election Results of Park County.

I will be well versed in the RECALL procedure, will bring cases within Colorado, and discuss what efforts we will need. Additionally, I will have a "kit" for each one of you so that we can effectively start moving forward that evening.

Please continue to contact me with your interests. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. Please send your friends, family and neighbors to this thread.

Thank you!

18 Aug 2010 12:23 #80 by AV8OR
FIRST MEETING

DATE: Sunday, August 22, 2010

TIME: 4 pm - 5 pm

LOCATION: Becky's house (please contact me and I will send you her address, if you do not know)

RSVP: Please

REFRESHMENTS: Please bring a drink for yourself and a small snack dish for a few others

This meeting is organized so as to maximize YOUR valuable time. The plan is to keep the discussion following and to stay under one hour. I will have committee kits available for everyone as long as you kindly RSVP.

The kits will list sub-committees and what is involved with that committee's task. As we have limited to to bring this to the voters and to collect petition signatures, I promise to be organized so that WE all can do the best job.

This committee is not about me. It is about each of YOU, the COMMUNITY and our children. Please plan on attending. YOU will be asked to elect a LEADER for this project.

Respectfully,

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds