Who do you want in the Oval Office in 2017?

24 Jul 2016 13:18 #31 by intheaspens
Gotta go with Trump. I'm not fond of him, but I'm less fond of a perjuring, treasonous felon with a spouse who has a long history of being a sexual predator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob, ThuenteDL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2016 16:32 #32 by ramage
Who said Hillary wasn't loyal? After the DNC Chairwoman resigns in disgrace after her e-mails regarding the efforts to sabotage the campaign of Sanders in favor of Clinton, Clinton makes her the Honorary Chairwoman of her national campaign. Vaya Con Dios, Hillary!

24 Jul 2016 16:53 #33 by Blazer Bob

hillfarmer wrote: If you support Trump you are truly ready for the abyss. Read your history instead of listening to only the right wing press. Trump is an erie echo of Hitler. His speech the other night could have been written by Adolph, focusing on conspiracies, fear and malevolence. He is the dark night of our country fanning our fears and bigotry.

The only rational choice of the two is Hillary.

www.siliconinvestor.com/public/7349414_0...f82b402d024aeebd.jpg

o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=HBhsaHR0cDovL2...h3yX1mfvos8eRLddlZOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThuenteDL

25 Jul 2016 08:08 #34 by cydl

hillfarmer wrote: If you support Trump you are truly ready for the abyss. Read your history instead of listening to only the right wing press. Trump is an erie echo of Hitler. His speech the other night could have been written by Adolph, focusing on conspiracies, fear and malevolence. He is the dark night of our country fanning our fears and bigotry.

The only rational choice of the two is Hillary.

Wow. I listened to his speech. Twice. What I heard was a laundry list of problems that need to be fixed: Poor economy, porous borders, the lawlessness of segments of the population... It isn't "dark" to enumerate problems; they must be identified to be effectively dealt with.

As for the use of Godwin's Law, I hardly think that that's appropriate. I would suggest you read your history of the aftermath of WWI, the Weimar Republic, and the events leading to the rise of the Third Reich. Haven't seen any armies of Trump SA in the streets yet, but the donkeys sure seem to have their minions.

26 Jul 2016 08:47 #35 by ramage
I was interested to listen to this interview and encourage others to do so.
"Green Party's Jill Stein Wants To Be 'Plan B' For Bernie Sanders Supporters" NPR 7/24/16 on All Things Considered.

By the way did anyone notice an American Flag on the podium of the Democratic Convention?

26 Jul 2016 09:26 #36 by Linda D
I noticed no such Flag. I guess the big wigs of the DNC have decided that the American Flag is not theirs. :homebrave:

26 Jul 2016 09:55 #37 by cydl

26 Jul 2016 16:01 #38 by FredHayek
I really get tired of both sides threatening the apocalypse if the other candidate wins. How can anyone logically believe Trump will nuke the world? He likes his money, businesses, children and grandchildren. Do you really think he wants to trade all that because he is angry with another nation? Same with Hillary Clinton, if she wins, she might take the Senate back, but very unlikely she can win the House. Balance of power will keep her in check and she will probably be too old to run for re-election at 73. I like Gary Johnson more than the mainstream choices but I will not be that upset if anyone else wins. :homebrave:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

27 Jul 2016 10:56 #39 by Something the Dog Said

ThuenteDL wrote: As one who has raised two respectable loving caring adults, I believe kids are a reflection of the parents, and you can't fake good kids. The Trump kids are a great reflection of the values instilled in them by Trump.

Why do you give him the credit and not their mother, who divorced him when the kids were quite young? Even Ivanka admits the her dad was not around much.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

27 Jul 2016 10:59 #40 by Something the Dog Said

Arlen wrote: So, you also call Patricia Smith a liar. How shameful.

What is shameful is that you are basing your vote on POTUS on a single discredited allegation. I have not called Ms. Smith a liar, I stated that the facts do not support her allegations. Even Sean Smith's father and wife do not agree with her claims. Sean Smith's wife has publicly stated that the State Department was incredibly helpful and supportive.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds