Who do you want in the Oval Office in 2017?

16 Aug 2016 17:16 #81 by ramage
Do you think that people are answering the pollsters honestly? Myself, I see a Wilder effect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2016 10:15 - 19 Aug 2016 10:16 #82 by Wicked
Does this not concern anyone? This man is over-qualified to not be president.

Fifty former national security officials whose careers span more than four decades released a letter today critical of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, stating that they would not vote for the real estate mogul in November.

The statement — signed by a former director of the CIA and National Security Agency, ex-secretaries of homeland security and former top aides and advisers for the White House, State Department and Department of Justice, among others — is the latest in a series of public rebukes of Trump’s capacity to guide the nation’s defense and foreign policy by former government leaders.

“Donald Trump is not qualified to be president and commander-in-chief,” reads the letter. “Indeed, we are convinced that he would be a dangerous president and would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.”

“Most fundamentally, Mr. Trump lacks the character, values and experience to be president,” the letter reads. “He weakens U.S. moral authority as the leader of the free world.”

abcnews.go.com/Politics/50-national-secu...nt/story?id=41215597

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

19 Aug 2016 15:06 #83 by ramage
"Sailor Denied 'Clinton Deal', Gets 1 Year in Prison for 6 Photos of Sub"

US News & World Report Aug 19, 2016

19 Aug 2016 17:06 #84 by hillfarmer

ramage wrote: At first I thought that HillFarmer's comment regarding Trump's economic team was sarcasm. After researching these individuals I assured myself that HillFarmer was overwhelmed by the expertise these individuals have with regard to the US economy.

It has been very clear that Trump does not understand sarcasm. Apparently it is communicable.

19 Aug 2016 23:29 #85 by Blazer Bob

Wicked wrote: Does this not concern anyone?

Seriously? The establishment Washington pukes don't want their boats rocked. I consider that a plus.

20 Aug 2016 09:17 #86 by FredHayek

Wicked wrote: Does this not concern anyone? This man is over-qualified to not be president.

Fifty former national security officials whose careers span more than four decades released a letter today critical of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, stating that they would not vote for the real estate mogul in November.

The statement — signed by a former director of the CIA and National Security Agency, ex-secretaries of homeland security and former top aides and advisers for the White House, State Department and Department of Justice, among others — is the latest in a series of public rebukes of Trump’s capacity to guide the nation’s defense and foreign policy by former government leaders.

“Donald Trump is not qualified to be president and commander-in-chief,” reads the letter. “Indeed, we are convinced that he would be a dangerous president and would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.”

“Most fundamentally, Mr. Trump lacks the character, values and experience to be president,” the letter reads. “He weakens U.S. moral authority as the leader of the free world.”

abcnews.go.com/Politics/50-national-secu...nt/story?id=41215597

You trust the opinions of these a-holes who had us bombing countries that weren't attacking us like Libya, turning a stable dictatorship into a never ending civil war? The same guys who supported the invasion of Iraq, once again turning a stable nation into a deadly civil war, and creating ISIS, a radical terrorist group. The same band of people who created the endless occupation of Afghanistan. And you think Trump is the dangerous one...might want to rethink that.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Aug 2016 14:05 - 21 Aug 2016 14:06 #87 by Arlen
I cannot trust the polls. They are polling people who have desk or wall hanging phones, not mobile phones. The results are to be highly suspect.
Some of the polls are polling more Democrats than Republicans, which would skew the results quite a bit.
Right now the pollsters are not too concerned with bogus polls. It will not hurt their reputation very much. However, the closer to election the polls must begin to reflect accuracy so that their reputations will not suffer.

21 Aug 2016 19:49 #88 by hillfarmer
Keep telling yourself that. Works best as a chant to block out all the bad news.

25 Aug 2016 13:28 #89 by Rick

hillfarmer wrote: Keep telling yourself that. Works best as a chant to block out all the bad news.

Do you have your own "Hillary is really honest and not corrupt " chant? Not sure how anyone could vote for her without having to somehow justify her abuse of power.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Aug 2016 15:30 #90 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Do you think that people are answering the pollsters honestly? Myself, I see a Wilder effect.

I agree, I could imagine Trump supporters too embarrassed to admit the truth to reporters.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds