Who do you want in the Oval Office in 2017?

28 Jul 2016 07:55 #61 by Linda D
Great idea hillfarmer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2016 08:41 #62 by hillfarmer
A joke? BS. Trump tells us what he really believes, couched in a way to have maximum media impact. He has clearly shown this with his racist remarks, his casual refusal to support NATO allies, his support of the strong arm tactics of Putin, Erdogan and Kim Il Joong, His request that Russia continue working to hack US systems is another in a long line of such statements.

As soon as the media storm starts up his response, and that of his apologists, is always the same. " I didn't mean it that way" or "it was just a joke." Not really. Trump is an unfiltered narcissistic sociopath who clearly believes what he says. The followup by him and his apologists is just trying to clean up the mess.

The "joke" will be on this country if he gets elected.

28 Jul 2016 12:52 #63 by Rick

hillfarmer wrote: A joke? BS. Trump tells us what he really believes, couched in a way to have maximum media impact. He has clearly shown this with his racist remarks, his casual refusal to support NATO allies, his support of the strong arm tactics of Putin, Erdogan and Kim Il Joong, His request that Russia continue working to hack US systems is another in a long line of such statements.

As soon as the media storm starts up his response, and that of his apologists, is always the same. " I didn't mean it that way" or "it was just a joke." Not really. Trump is an unfiltered narcissistic sociopath who clearly believes what he says. The followup by him and his apologists is just trying to clean up the mess.

The "joke" will be on this country if he gets elected.

Did your media source include the last words of his statement or did they leave those out? It also helps to actually listen to the entire statement so you can hear the voice inflection. The media protecting Clinton is a joke, and that's what his point was at the end of that statement.

BTW, what do you think of the content of the DNC emails and would you care to share your thoughts on them?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Jul 2016 14:08 #64 by ramage
From Slate.com 7/27/16:
MoneyboxA BLOG ABOUT BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS.JULY 27 2016 1:37 PM
Jill Stein’s Ideas Are Terrible. She Is Not the Savior the Left Is Looking For

Jill Stein is the Green Party candidate, Slate.com is a very liberal website.

28 Jul 2016 14:25 #65 by ramage
Well, HillFarmer, you have stated your opinion of Mr. Trump in no uncertain terms. I must ask why you think that asking Russia to FIND the lost Hillary e-mails constitutes treason. Mrs. Clinton has told the American public multiple times that there is nothing other than yoga schedules, recipes, plans for her daughter's wedding etc. All the e-mails relating to her position as SOS have been turned over according to Mrs. Clinton. Unfortunately the FBI found that this was not so. Is it your position that Mrs. Cinton's e-mails contain additional top-secret information that could be damaging to the US even though she assured us that they do not. You would like to have it both ways, that is, (1) there is nothing classified on the e-mails which Mrs. Clinton deleted and (2) it is treasonous for Mr. Trump to ask the Russians to find her deleted recipes. Interesting position.

28 Jul 2016 20:03 #66 by hillfarmer
Washington Post:

:Donald Trump is very bad at making the case that he's not Russia's favored candidate in the 2016 U.S. election.

It's not just the fact that he publicly called for Russia to hack into and obtain the emails Hillary Clinton deleted from her private email server. No, Trump actually said something else at his bizarre, fact-challenged news conference Wednesday that could bring a smile to Russian President Vladimir Putin's face.

Here's the exchange, via a transcript:

QUESTION: I would like to know if you became president, would you recognize (inaudible) Crimea as Russian territory? And also if the U.S. would lift sanctions that are (inaudible)?

TRUMP: We'll be looking at that. Yeah, we'll be looking.

To Trump, "We'll be looking at that" is his go-to, throwaway answer when he's asked about something he hasn't thought about, as our own Philip Bump so ably catalogued earlier this month. He does this a lot.

28 Jul 2016 20:48 #67 by ramage
Hillfarmer,
Please fill in the "inaudible" portions of your comment or simple post the actual news conference. Again Mr. Trump asked if the Russians could "FIND' the deleted Hillary e-mails, what about that statement do you not understand. Should Mr. Trump have to state sarcasm as one does in a blog or can you not see that. Now that you not longer use the Democrat talking point regarding treason, let us discuss this as adults.

29 Jul 2016 09:44 #68 by hillfarmer
It is simple. Trump is a sociopath who will do and say want he wants. The sociopaths I have dealt with do not distinguish between truth and fiction - those are only conveniences of the moment that can be used as necessary. It is clear to me that what he says when he is unfiltered is what he believes. The ploy to make me believe that it was nothing more than "sarcasm" is a very transparent lie. As I mentioned above - this is a repeating pattern of his that is easy to discern if you are objective.

29 Jul 2016 15:28 #69 by FredHayek
The leftist media and Democrat politicians don't trust Trump with nukes. Think he will launch atomics. They said the same thing about Ronald Reagan in 1980. Nukes weren't launched, instead the Cold War ended and the Berlin Wall came down.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThuenteDL

29 Jul 2016 18:17 #70 by Linda D
And Trump doesn't seem to be a war monger--he wants to get this Country back on track with some morals, scruples and principles--and a budget that works.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds