Impeachment proceedings against Trump

06 Nov 2019 20:58 - 06 Nov 2019 20:59 #761 by Blazer Bob
Good news SC. The Mueller report is finally done. Now you, HA, K etc can finally dance on Trumps's grave.

www.washingtonpost.com/pr/2019/11/05/mue...ngton-post-scribner/

ScienceChic wrote: So you think I'm over-reacting, eh? Well, I look forward to Comey testifying before Congress next week. How about you? :)

Source: Comey to testify publicly about Trump confrontations

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Nov 2019 08:10 #762 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: Good news SC. The Mueller report is finally done. Now you, HA, K etc can finally dance on Trumps's grave.

www.washingtonpost.com/pr/2019/11/05/mue...ngton-post-scribner/

ScienceChic wrote: So you think I'm over-reacting, eh? Well, I look forward to Comey testifying before Congress next week. How about you? :)

Source: Comey to testify publicly about Trump confrontations

bolded.....the appropriate action would be this....exile the king and allow MEXICO to take the king and place him in THEIR palace.....(jail),after all , royalty has it's privileges.

09 Nov 2019 10:20 #763 by Rick

koobookie wrote: This may be the nail in the Trump presidency coffin.

US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland amended his previous closed-door testimony with House impeachment investigators to say that he told a top Ukrainian political aide that the release of US security aid was conditioned on Ukraine publicly announcing an investigation that would help President Donald Trump politically.

www.cnn.com/2019/11/05/politics/gordon-s...t-inquiry/index.html

Oh, this is the one huh? LOL

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Nov 2019 09:22 #764 by FredHayek
The Democrats are starting to remind me of Wiley E Coyote. "Let's try the ACME anvil this time!"

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Nov 2019 11:35 #765 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: The Democrats are starting to remind me of Wiley E Coyote. "Let's try the ACME anvil this time!"

That really is the perfect comparison... the only difference is that the Dem Coyotes think they are hurting the Roadrunner, even when they miss the target time after time. It's really becoming quite comical.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Nov 2019 17:59 #766 by homeagain
WED. is the long awaited day....will it be a spectacle by the R'S or will wisdom prevail?

I believe another OJ SIMPSON offering is at hand.....''IF the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit".

There will be grand standing and in the end, it will drag on just like the slo mo auto chase in the
white Bronco. DON'T think I will watch the train wreck....too pretty outside this week, sunny and
hi50's......maybe next week....weather will be turning into a cooler end of the month::eatturkey:

13 Nov 2019 07:59 - 13 Nov 2019 08:30 #767 by ScienceChic
November 13th: Impeachment Hearing with William Taylor and George Kent Live on C-SPAN: www.c-span.org/video/?466134-1/impeachme...m-taylor-george-kent

The House Intelligence Committee held its first open hearing of the impeachment inquiry against President Trump. Lawmakers heard testimony from William Taylor, Acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine and Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent.

Edit to add: youtube of same video feed

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Nov 2019 10:03 #768 by ScienceChic
Glenn Kirschner @glennkirschner2 26m

Trump withheld military assistance from Ukraine while Ukrainian forces were fighting for their lives and their autonomy inside their own borders AGAINST UNLAWFUL RUSSIAN MILITARY AGGRESSION! This. Is. Shameful. It’s also naked assistance by Trump to the Russian forces.

As Ambassador Taylor just laid out, Ukraine is a young democracy and is fighting aggression/occupation by a foreign communist power, and our President authorized withholding military aid which had been passed bipartisanly through Congress to them on the condition of Ukraine's government publicly opening an investigation into Burisma/the Bidens. Not for the security of the United States but for his own benefit/gain in receiving support over a political opponent. He testified that one of his staff was with Amb Sondland the day after Trump's phone call with Ukrainian President Zelensky and he heard Trump ask Amb Sondland on the phone about the status of the "investigations." The staff asked Sondland what he meant about that when Sondland got off the phone and Sondland replied:

his focus was on Biden probe.

“Amb. Sondland responded that President Trump cares more about the investigations of Biden, which Giuliani was pressing for,” Taylor said in his opening statement

That is extortion. Ukraine owed Trump nothing, this support was approved by Congress. President Trump has abused his power of office for personal gain. Not only that, but it weakens our security by making more vulnerable a free and independent country that is fighting against a mutual enemy, a country that physically buffers our allies from Russia. If Ukraine falls, Europe, and thus our country, is more vulnerable to Russia. Russia works with China, another adversary, and it supports Syria's president who commits atrocities of chemical warfare against his own people. Russia has been attacking us through cyber-warfare since at least 2014. Anything our President does that assists Russia is against our interests.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Nov 2019 10:19 #769 by koobookie
Yeah, but the White House Press Secretary says these impeachment proceedings are "boring."

13 Nov 2019 18:56 #770 by Rick
My question is, what's the next phony scandal ? At least this one isn't going to drag on for 2.5 years before it ends up the same way the Russia investigation did. I'm guessing it will be something to do with Trump's taxes, or maybe another woman will remember what he did to her 40 years ago but won't be able to say when or where the assault happened.

Eventually the embarrassment of failing over and over has to make Dems change their strategy from taking out Trump to giving the public good reasons to vote for their brilliant ideas. Or not.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds