Impeachment proceedings against Trump

19 Nov 2019 07:09 - 19 Nov 2019 14:36 #791 by ScienceChic
Vindman's & Williams' live public hearing:
www.c-span.org/video/?466376-1/impeachme...dent-pence-aide&live

Edit to add: 2nd round, Volker's & Morrison's live public hearing:
www.c-span.org/video/?466377-1/impeachme...-volker-tim-morrison

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2019 06:51 - 20 Nov 2019 08:07 #792 by ScienceChic
Ambassador Gordon Sondland’s public hearing: www.c-span.org/video/?466378-1/impeachme...gordon-sondland&live

His opening statement
Some of the most pertinent quotes I'm seeing:

Lack of Documents
But, I also must acknowledge that this process has been challenging and, in many respects, less than fair. I have not had access to all of my phone records, State Department emails, and other State Department documents. And I was told I could not work with my EU Staff to pull together the relevant files. Having access to the State Department materials would have been very helpful to me in trying to reconstruct with whom I spoke and met, when, and what was said.

My lawyers and I have made multiple requests to the State Department and the White House for these materials. Yet, these materials were not provided to me. They have also refused to share these materials with this Committee. These documents are not classified and, in fairness, should have been made available.

Fourth, as I testified previously, Mr. Giuliani’s requests were a quid pro quo for arranging a White House visit for President Zelensky. Mr. Giuliani demanded that Ukraine make a public statement announcing investigations of the 2016 election/DNC server and Burisma. Mr. Giuliani was expressing the desires of the President of the United States, and we knew that these investigations were important to the President.

Quid Pro Quo
I know that members of this Committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a “quid pro quo?” As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes. Mr. Giuliani conveyed to Secretary Perry, Ambassador Volker, and others that President Trump wanted a public statement from President Zelensky committing to investigations of Burisma and the 2016 election. Mr. Giuliani expressed those requests directly to the Ukrainians.

Mr. Giuliani also expressed those requests directly to us. We all understood that these prerequisites for the White House call and White House meeting reflected President Trump’s
desires and requirements.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Nov 2019 10:36 #793 by ScienceChic
Ken Starr, lead prosecutor in Clinton impeachment hearings: “There is now proof that the President (Trump) committed the crime of bribery...This has been one of those bombshell days.” -Jennifer Griffin, National Security Correspondent for FOX News @JenGriffinFNC

Ken Starr on Gordon Sondland's impeachment hearing testimony: 'One of those bombshell days'
By Julia Musto | Fox News November 20, 2019

Former Whitewater Independent Counsel Ken Starr said Wednesday that the testimony of Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland all but guarantees articles of impeachment will be drawn up by House Democrats.

"We have now, a process crime, contempt of Congress, contempt of the House in the course of its impeachment," he said, adding Democrats will claim Sondland's testimony proves President Trump "committed the crime of bribery."

20 Nov 2019 15:40 #794 by ScienceChic
Impeachment Hearing with Laura Cooper and David Hale

Laura Cooper, a deputy assistant Defense secretary, and David Hale, a State Department under secretary for political affairs, testified before the House Intelligence Committee as part of its impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

www.c-span.org/video/?466379-1/impeachme...ra-cooper-david-hale

21 Nov 2019 07:50 #795 by ScienceChic
Public impeachment hearing November 21 for Fiona Hill and David Holmes

Fiona Hill, a former National Security Council senior director for Europe and Russia, and David Holmes, an aide to the top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine.

www.c-span.org/video/?466380-1/impeachme...ll-david-holmes&live

21 Nov 2019 20:13 #796 by Rick
As soon as I heard her testimony I knew she would get liberals all giddy and fawning over her. Too bad she won't matter a bit in the big picture because they never proved an impeachable offense. You should fear the Senate trial if it gets that far.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Nov 2019 20:24 #797 by Rick
Here's what your hero wrote a few years ago....

By Fiona Hill and
Clifford GaddyFebruary 5, 2015
Fiona Hill is the director of the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution. Clifford Gaddy is a senior fellow in the center. They are co-authors of the book “Mr. Putin: Operative in the Kremlin.”

The United States is on a dangerous trajectory in its relations with Russia, a nuclear superpower that believes itself to be under direct threat. Several former U.S. officials and top think-tank experts released a report calling on the West to provide military support to Ukraine. (Two of them, our colleagues at the Brookings Institution, expanded on the report a week ago on this page [“Ukraine needs the West’s help now”].) The logic of sending weapons to Ukraine seems straightforward and is the same as the logic for economic sanctions: to change Vladi­mir Putin’s “calculus.” Increasing the Ukrainian army’s fighting capacity, the thinking goes, would allow it to kill more rebels and Russian soldiers, generating a backlash in Russia and ultimately forcing the Russian president to the negotiating table.

We strongly disagree. The evidence points in a different direction. If we follow the recommendations of this report, the Ukrainians won’t be the only ones caught in an escalating military conflict with Russia....{/quote] But now she's upset that Trump hesitated to give them military aid. I wonder how many of your worthless sources will remind you of this little gem?
www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/giving-w...eba0f87d6_story.html

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Nov 2019 07:21 #798 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Here's what your hero wrote a few years ago....

By Fiona Hill and
Clifford GaddyFebruary 5, 2015
Fiona Hill is the director of the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution. Clifford Gaddy is a senior fellow in the center. They are co-authors of the book “Mr. Putin: Operative in the Kremlin.”

The United States is on a dangerous trajectory in its relations with Russia, a nuclear superpower that believes itself to be under direct threat. Several former U.S. officials and top think-tank experts released a report calling on the West to provide military support to Ukraine. (Two of them, our colleagues at the Brookings Institution, expanded on the report a week ago on this page [“Ukraine needs the West’s help now”].) The logic of sending weapons to Ukraine seems straightforward and is the same as the logic for economic sanctions: to change Vladi­mir Putin’s “calculus.” Increasing the Ukrainian army’s fighting capacity, the thinking goes, would allow it to kill more rebels and Russian soldiers, generating a backlash in Russia and ultimately forcing the Russian president to the negotiating table.

We strongly disagree. The evidence points in a different direction. If we follow the recommendations of this report, the Ukrainians won’t be the only ones caught in an escalating military conflict with Russia....{/quote] But now she's upset that Trump hesitated to give them military aid. I wonder how many of your worthless sources will remind you of this little gem?
www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/giving-w...eba0f87d6_story.html

THAT is all you need to know..Putin is ex KGB and employs ''Tradecraft''. ALL of
the chaos and upheaval is a serious scenario to his motives/strategy. The king has been a
pawn for a VERY long time..nothing knew...move on.

22 Nov 2019 19:52 #799 by Rick
So as "Putin's pawn", how does giving military aid to Ukraine fit into that false narrative?

George Orwell

23 Nov 2019 08:57 #800 by koobookie

Rick wrote: So as "Putin's pawn", how does giving military aid to Ukraine fit into that false narrative?

Ask yourself the same question about holding up aid to Ukraine. Doesn't that help Putin?

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds