Impeachment proceedings against Trump

23 Nov 2019 09:58 #801 by homeagain

Rick wrote: As soon as I heard her testimony I knew she would get liberals all giddy and fawning over her. Too bad she won't matter a bit in the big picture because they never proved an impeachable offense. You should fear the Senate trial if it gets that far.

FEAR is not how I would characterize it......IF the R'S (and the collective) do not find the threat
of Putin's power play beyond mass critical, then I will quote the well worn phrase.....YOU GET THE GOVERNMENT YOU DESERVE when you aren't paying attention.......it appears to me, that EVERYONE of the "I got better things to do,and politics is NOT one of them"......WILL regret
their inattentiveness. BUT, as always, jmo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2019 21:09 #802 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: As soon as I heard her testimony I knew she would get liberals all giddy and fawning over her. Too bad she won't matter a bit in the big picture because they never proved an impeachable offense. You should fear the Senate trial if it gets that far.

FEAR is not how I would characterize it......IF the R'S (and the collective) do not find the threat
of Putin's power play beyond mass critical, then I will quote the well worn phrase.....YOU GET THE GOVERNMENT YOU DESERVE when you aren't paying attention.......it appears to me, that EVERYONE of the "I got better things to do,and politics is NOT one of them"......WILL regret

Please elaborate on your premise of "Putin's power play". Seems to me like Trump has been much harder on Putin than Obama and Hillary with their idiotic reset button and blankets for Ukraine. I think you watch too much CNN and MSNBC.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Dec 2019 12:21 #803 by ScienceChic
The report from the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence following the impeachment inquiry hearings (executive summary followed by link to the full report).

The Trump-Ukraine Impeachment Inquiry Report
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
December 3, 2019

The impeachment inquiry into Donald J. Trump, the 45th President of the United States, uncovered a months-long effort by President Trump to use the powers of his office to solicit foreign interference on his behalf in the 2020 election. As described in this executive summary and the report that follows, President Trump’s scheme subverted U.S. foreign policy toward Ukraine and undermined our national security in favor of two politically motivated investigations that would help his presidential reelection campaign. The President demanded that the newly-elected Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, publicly announce investigations into a political rival that he apparently feared the most, former Vice President Joe Biden, and into a discredited theory that it was Ukraine, not Russia, that interfered in the 2016 presidential election. To compel the Ukrainian President to do his political bidding, President Trump conditioned two official acts on the public announcement of the investigations: a coveted White House visit and critical U.S. military assistance Ukraine needed to fight its Russian adversary.

During a July 25, 2019, call between President Trump and President Zelensky, President Zelensky expressed gratitude for U.S. military assistance. President Trump immediately responded by asking President Zelensky to “do us a favor though” and openly pressed for Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Biden and the 2016 conspiracy theory. In turn, President Zelensky assured President Trump that he would pursue the investigation and reiterated his interest in the White House meeting. Although President Trump’s scheme intentionally bypassed many career personnel, it was undertaken with the knowledge and approval of senior Administration officials, including the President’s Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and Secretary of Energy Rick Perry. In fact, at a press conference weeks after public revelations about the scheme, Mr. Mulvaney publicly acknowledged that the President directly tied the hold on military aid to his desire to get Ukraine to conduct a political investigation, telling Americans to “get over it.”

President Trump and his senior officials may see nothing wrong with using the power of the Office of the President to pressure a foreign country to help the President’s reelection campaign. Indeed, President Trump continues to encourage Ukraine and other foreign countries to engage in the same kind of election interference today. However, the Founding Fathers prescribed a remedy for a chief executive who places his personal interests above those of the country: impeachment. Accordingly, as part of the House of Representatives’ impeachment inquiry, the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, in coordination with the Committees on Oversight and Reform and Foreign Affairs, were compelled to undertake a serious, sober, and expeditious investigation into whether the President’s misconduct warrants that remedy.

In response, President Trump engaged in an unprecedented campaign of obstruction of this impeachment inquiry. Nevertheless, due in large measure to patriotic and courageous public servants who provided the Committees with direct evidence of the President’s actions, the Committees uncovered significant misconduct on the part of the President of the United States. As required under House Resolution 660, the Intelligence Committee, in consultation with the Committees on Oversight and Reform and Foreign Affairs, has prepared this report to detail the evidence uncovered to date, which will now be transmitted to the Judiciary Committee for its consideration.

The full report

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Dec 2019 12:47 #804 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Please elaborate on your premise of "Putin's power play". Seems to me like Trump has been much harder on Putin than Obama and Hillary with their idiotic reset button and blankets for Ukraine. I think you watch too much CNN and MSNBC.

[/b]

I think he is ex KGB and THAT has nothing to do with my choice of media channel.....TRADECRAFT is the key to this scenario.....do some research on tradecraft.

03 Dec 2019 13:08 #805 by ScienceChic
Live press conference with Adam Schiff: www.pscp.tv/w/1lPKqedaPWYKb

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Dec 2019 22:32 #806 by Blazer Bob
[quote="homeagain" post=362891

I think he is ex KGB and THAT has nothing to do with my choice of media channel.....TRADECRAFT is the key to this scenario.....do some research on tradecraft.[/quote]

Putin was KBG until 1991. Trade craft is older than Cleopatra. What is the logic chain that leads you to "Putin's power play"?

04 Dec 2019 08:18 #807 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: [quote="homeagain" post=362891

I think he is ex KGB and THAT has nothing to do with my choice of media channel.....TRADECRAFT is the key to this scenario.....do some research on tradecraft.

Putin was KBG until 1991. Trade craft is older than Cleopatra. What is the logic chain that leads you to "Putin's power play"?[/quote]

As HEAD OF THE KGB (I think in1998).....Putin KNOWS his target extremely well. Manipulation of subject is a hallmark of tradecraft. TRUMPS FAWNING and excessive egocentric M.O. is
child's play in tradecraft.....play to the subjects faults and foibles, finding the weakness and exploiting it........Putin DESIRES to destroy our nation and he has found the PERFECT tool, in TRUMP.

04 Dec 2019 10:16 #808 by ScienceChic
Once a KGB officer, always a KGB officer. Putin has been at war with the United States. The Russian government, the FSB, the Kremlin are all synonymous and they are actively attacking us and our Western allies. Look up how many journalists have mysteriously died in Russia recently, and the protests around their recent election. Do a search on Magnitsky, and Skripal. Every one of our intelligence agencies concluded that Russia actively interfered in our 2016 elections and are still attempting to do so today - all of that is done at the request of Putin.

Read the article I posted here American Intelligence and Election Hacking by Molly McKew.

Or this one: Putin’s Attack on the U.S. Is Our Pearl Harbor by Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling and Molly McKew

Do you know why NATO was formed? Is it any wonder that Russia would work to weaken and destroy it by sowing discord between its members?

Judiciary Committee Hearing going on now:
www.c-span.org/video/?466833-1/judiciary...ork-impeachment&live

Attachments:

04 Dec 2019 16:38 #809 by Blazer Bob
I find your lecture somewhat ironic. I spent much of my adult waging the cold war and am much more knowledgeable than any civilian who has never had a security clearance and a need to know. After decades of the left appeasing and sucking up to the USSR they suddenly see a threat just so they can try and leverage it against Trump.
The leopard does not change it's spots. Tell me another.
www.scribd.com/document/339511396/Text-o...-Senator-Ted-Kennedy

www.dailysignal.com/2016/12/14/ted-kenne...reagans-re-election/

ScienceChic wrote: Once a KGB officer, always a KGB officer. Putin has been at war with the United States. The Russian government, the FSB, the Kremlin are all synonymous and they are actively attacking us and our Western allies. Look up how many journalists have mysteriously died in Russia recently, and the protests around their recent election. Do a search on Magnitsky, and Skripal. Every one of our intelligence agencies concluded that Russia actively interfered in our 2016 elections and are still attempting to do so today - all of that is done at the request of Putin.

Read the article I posted here American Intelligence and Election Hacking by Molly McKew.

Or this one: Putin’s Attack on the U.S. Is Our Pearl Harbor by Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling and Molly McKew

Do you know why NATO was formed? Is it any wonder that Russia would work to weaken and destroy it by sowing discord between its members?

Judiciary Committee Hearing going on now:
www.c-span.org/video/?466833-1/judiciary...ork-impeachment&live

04 Dec 2019 19:44 - 04 Dec 2019 19:45 #810 by ScienceChic
There's no need to take it personally BB, I wasn't directing my comment solely at you.

Your deflection of "Well, they did it too" doesn't negate the argument that Putin is actively waging war against the Unites States. I've stated before that Russia plays both sides, and has compromised members of both parties and several journalists. Sadly, the majority at this point in time are Republicans in Congress and the WH, and they aren't hiding it. Devin Nunes, Mark Meadows, Rand Paul, Jim Jordan, Thomas Massie, Matt Gaetz - they all have some explaining to do.

Black Lives Matter, Trayvon Martin, Ferguson, #MeToo, Identity Politics, LGBTQ, Kavanaugh - all of these subjects which elicit strong emotions in members of the general public are topics that the Kremlin has amplified through online media using bots and troll farms to push people's buttons and drive us against one another. If it's something people can be outraged about, then they jump right in and inflame the masses. They use social media as a weapon, and the fact that no media outlet or journalist (aside from Carol Cadwalldr and Judd Legum at Popular Info) has really done an in-depth investigation into Facebook, Twitter, 4chan/8chan, or reddit and why they allow their platforms to be used so blatantly against The West's interests is a travesty.

Here's a couple more assets and useful idiots too (first 2 articles by one of those people I've highly recommended when asked for news sources, who used to work for the NSA and is a historian on top of that). ;)
Democrats Have Their Own Kremlin Influence Problem, Starting with Al Gore and Maxine Waters
By John R. Schindler, The Observer, 11/20/18

The Real John Conyers Scandal Has Nothing to Do With Sex
By John R. Schindler, The Observer 11/27/17

Putin’s Man in Congress
Kristofer Harrison, Contributor, Huffington Post, Fmr. Defense and State Department advisor during the George W. Bush administration, Aug 07, 2016

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds