2020 Presidential Candidates

06 Jul 2019 12:37 #121 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates

ScienceChic wrote:
Running for POTUS is 95% marketing, 3% personality, 2% history. Give or take a little.

Well, Hillary had the help of 95% of the media, of Hollywood, of academics... yet Trump won anyway. The left has the most free marketing by far yet their ideas are so bad that even a guy like Trump can win and most likely a second term given the field of senseless morons he's up against.

The differences on both sides have never been so starkly opposite. Good luck with marketing all the free stuff that most people with an understanding of 3rd grade math see as an incredible joke. These progressives will need a lot more than marketing, they will need an incredibly stupid voter base that outnumbers those with common sense.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jul 2019 10:29 #122 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

ScienceChic wrote:
Running for POTUS is 95% marketing, 3% personality, 2% history. Give or take a little.

Well, Hillary had the help of 95% of the media, of Hollywood, of academics... yet Trump won anyway. The left has the most free marketing by far yet their ideas are so bad that even a guy like Trump can win and most likely a second term given the field of senseless morons he's up against.

The differences on both sides have never been so starkly opposite. Good luck with marketing all the free stuff that most people with an understanding of 3rd grade math see as an incredible joke. These progressives will need a lot more than marketing, they will need an incredibly stupid voter base that outnumbers those with common sense.

bolded....have to AGREE with you....it is still very early in the timeline,BUT I am getting
more despondent by the day.:sick:

07 Jul 2019 18:38 #123 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: bolded....have to AGREE with you....it is still very early in the timeline,BUT I am getting

Hey, we are early in Q3. Just wait for it.

08 Jul 2019 07:11 - 08 Jul 2019 07:13 #124 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote: bolded....have to AGREE with you....it is still very early in the timeline,BUT I am getting

Hey, we are early in Q3. Just wait for it.

YEP...I'm waiting for SEPT......when the budget becomes a BIG bust and then we get to actually see who has their shit together.....:popcorn:

08 Jul 2019 07:20 #125 by homeagain
www.morganstanley.com/ideas/listening-to-the-bond-market

OH.....and then there is this tiny, troublesome trend........WAITING.......

08 Jul 2019 14:14 #126 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
And now there are 19.
Eric Salwell has the distinction of being the FIRST drop-out from the democrat candidates. Evidently Colorado will not have that "FIRST".
On the plus side, Tom Steyer may enter the race. Don't know if he can buy his way into the debates, however.

09 Jul 2019 12:49 #127 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
Tom Steyer has declared his candidacy for the democrat nomination. It will be interesting to see if he can BUY (love these CAPS, homeagain) his way onto the stage for the next democrat debate. He certainly could self finance his campaign but that will not get him onto the stage according to the democrat rules.
Gotta love a billionaire HEDGE FUND guy who know promotes himself as a man of the people.

09 Jul 2019 13:07 #128 by homeagain
www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/201...sident-guide/582598/

UPDATE for first week of July.......too bad Steyers could not make up his mind.....he might have been the dark horse with $$$$$ to at least create SOME interest.

10 Jul 2019 09:32 #129 by FredHayek
After he spent tens of millions on ballot issues and supporting certain candidates, he opens with wanting to defeat "special interests". LOL Pot/Kettle?

ramage wrote: Tom Steyer has declared his candidacy for the democrat nomination. It will be interesting to see if he can BUY (love these CAPS, homeagain) his way onto the stage for the next democrat debate. He certainly could self finance his campaign but that will not get him onto the stage according to the democrat rules.
Gotta love a billionaire HEDGE FUND guy who know promotes himself as a man of the people.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jul 2019 09:34 #130 by FredHayek
It isn't tens of thousands of American kids, 1.4 million American kids will be homeless sometime this year, but let's concentrate on illegal aliens. AOC probably has more homeless kids in her district than detention camps.

ramage wrote: Abraham Miller, specttor.org 6/30/2019

I don’t give a damn where you were 60 years ago on civil rights. I don’t care if your great grand-pappy owned slaves or you grew up in rural Louisiana and used the “N” word as often as a contemporary rapper. I can’t get vexed about 2000 children at the border not getting enough facial tissue and diapers when tens of thousands of American children are sleeping on the streets and in shelters of our cities.

What I want is a president who is going to work for America, whose reputation is grounded by the present, and whose concerns are sharply focused on the future, America’s future.

The sine qua non of great candidates is not where they stood on racism in 1963 but where they stand on America today!

As of April 2019, there were 22,000 children sleeping in NYC’s municipal shelters. On any given night, half a million Americans are homeless. Some 40% of them are minors.

So, while you are raising your hands to give health care to illegal aliens and feeling virtuous in the process, what the hell are you doing about the problems impoverished Americans face?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.653 seconds