2020 Presidential Candidates

27 Jul 2019 10:12 #161 by FredHayek
Great question! Personally I think Bennet will stay in longer. I believe Michael is bored of being a senator and wants a VP or cabinet position in 2020. He could be a perfect Joe Biden for a minority candidate like Cory Booker or Harris.

ramage wrote: I ask all the sporting people in the MMT community to stake a bet on who will drop out first (or who will remain standing) Hickenlooper or Bennet. To make it a contest you must submit the date of dropping out.
Both will be in the next round of debates, on different nights.
My guess is that funding will be the determining factor. Perhaps Hickenlooper can get the American Craft Beer Association (if such exists) to back him. Spreading the hops (word) across the USA and garnering the young millennial vote.
Bennet has a tougher row to hoe, but he has Phil Anshutz in his corner. $$$.
In any case, place you bets, the winner gets his/her/its name on the MMT blog.
I am betting on Bennet staying in the race longer, he really wants the VP nomination, for national name recognition in 2024. Hickenlooper out August 15th.
In order to qualify for the third and fourth set of debates in September and October respectively, candidates will now have to achieve 2% in four polls from a slightly changed list of approved pollsters and receive 130,000 unique donors (from the date of their campaign's creation), including 400 unique donors per state in at least 20 US states.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jul 2019 10:39 #162 by homeagain
Why is this limited to Colo? MORE interesting would be who do you predict to REMAIN STANDING... after all have opted out($$$$ and ''axed out"):splitwood: :splitwood:

28 Jul 2019 09:13 #163 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: Why is this limited to Colo? MORE interesting would be who do you predict to REMAIN STANDING... after all have opted out($$$$ and ''axed out"):splitwood: :splitwood:

I think it is a little too early right now to guess, but I will anyway. In 2016, Trump stood out because he was a non-politician without a voting record, for many Republican voters who were tired of wimpy RINO candidates who promised the world and delivered very little, he sounded like a great way to vote against the party. Plus he didn't have anyone else like him running.

The Democrat field has veered hard left in my opinion so since so many have the same message, other than Biden and Bernie, they are having a tough time standing out. Plus with 24 of them, it can get confusing on who is promising what. So I am going to pick the front runner, Biden. He is old, but still younger than Bernie. And he is more centrist, so I think rural voters in Iowa and New Hampshire will choose him. South Carolina also looks like a easy state for the former VP to win. I do think Biden should have run in 2016. Much more likeable than Hillary, he probably would have also delivered Pennsylvania.

28 Jul 2019 11:17 #164 by Brandon

Rick wrote: Well you have to know that the other 18 people must be so bad that two old white males can be on top of the diversity party. Neither one will last though, the angry women will rip them to shreds eventually because the left Feels that ones skin color and chosen gender are far more important than tangible experience.

Or, you could attempt to engage with reality instead of with the freakish alternate universe that right-wing propaganda has created for you. From this perspective, Biden is the pragmatic choice and Sanders was the second place finisher last time (and probably would have beaten the idiot king).

28 Jul 2019 18:32 #165 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
HA,
You can make any comment you like. This thread was created to ask Colorado voters how they felt about the Colorado candidates, Bennet & Hickenlooper, as to their staying power in the democrat debates, nothing more.
Please feel free to add, subtract, or comment upon any other candidate in the democrat primary.

29 Jul 2019 08:49 #166 by FredHayek
The Democrat's next debate is in Detroit, another example of a town that has gone to hell after 50 plus years of one party rule. Who will win the tiered debate?

29 Jul 2019 10:18 #167 by homeagain

ramage wrote: HA,
You can make any comment you like. This thread was created to ask Colorado voters how they felt about the Colorado candidates, Bennet & Hickenlooper, as to their staying power in the democrat debates, nothing more.
Please feel free to add, subtract, or comment upon any other candidate in the democrat primary.

Thank you for the reply.....I believe both have an equal chance.....BUT will fail early in the race....
FIRE,eloquence,DEPTH of determination I do not see. I see some of that in others,but the ravages of the race (negative,dig deep for shit) will annihilate many.

29 Jul 2019 16:16 #168 by FredHayek

Brandon wrote:

FredHayek wrote: ...Detroit, another example of a town that has gone to hell after 50 plus years of one party rule...

Damn, F**d. You think that's the most significant fact about Detroit's last fifty years?

The auto industry is just humming along in the South right now. New plants being built as Europeans and Japanese find it a great place to build vehicles.

Remember white flight? It was really bad in Detroit. The police wouldn't respond to calls in some neighborhoods so the people who could afford to get out went to suburbs like Grosse Pointe and are doing fine. Corruption in Detroit city politics also helped to drive citizens out. Taxes kept getting higher to subsidize the corruption. And the liberal press didn't want to cover those stories because it showed Democrats in a bad light.

And B fell for it. Taking the company line on what ruined Detroit. Meanwhile other auto manufacturing continues.

29 Jul 2019 16:31 #169 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote:
And B fell for it. Taking the company line on what ruined Detroit. Meanwhile other auto manufacturing continues.

Started way before that. 30 years ago the Detroit public schools were shit holes. The teachers were just sweating it out for retirement.
Today":According to estimates by The National Institute for Literacy, roughly 47 percent of adults in Detroit, Michigan — 200,000 total — are “functionally illiterate,” meaning they have trouble with reading, speaking, writing and computational skills. Even more surprisingly, the Detroit Regional Workforce finds half of that illiterate population has obtained a high school degree."
www.huffpost.com/entry/detroit-illiterac...f-education_n_858307

It is a disgrace.

30 Jul 2019 07:32 - 30 Jul 2019 07:34 #170 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote:

Brandon wrote:

FredHayek wrote: ...Detroit, another example of a town that has gone to hell after 50 plus years of one party rule...

Damn, F**d. You think that's the most significant fact about Detroit's last fifty years?

The auto industry is just humming along in the South right now. New plants being built as Europeans and Japanese find it a great place to build vehicles.

Remember white flight? It was really bad in Detroit. The police wouldn't respond to calls in some neighborhoods so the people who could afford to get out went to suburbs like Grosse Pointe and are doing fine. Corruption in Detroit city politics also helped to drive citizens out. Taxes kept getting higher to subsidize the corruption. And the liberal press didn't want to cover those stories because it showed Democrats in a bad light.

So you agree that Detroit's problems were caused by the loss of manufacturing jobs.

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds