2020 Presidential Candidates

13 Aug 2019 10:22 #191 by FredHayek
I think you will see this change as the campaign goes along. Traveling really wears you out, and the older you are, the more it beats down on you. As Joe and possibly Bernie make more mistakes and gaffes, I think you will see some of their support slip to younger candidates. Warren is especially setting herself up as the female Sanders. And there are a few younger moderate Dem candidates waiting to take up the Biden mantle. Maybe even Bennet.

ramage wrote: It is interesting, as I posted previously, that age and health are no longer issues. Reagan, McCain, were assailed on the basis of their age and in McCain's case, also his health. The 2016 election did away with age and health considerations.
Ironically, the democrats leading the race are white men in their eighth decade of life. Perhaps the V-P slot will be eagerly sought.
On another note, it looks like Bennet will outlast Hickenlooper as a candidate. I thought it would be the other way around. We shall see in September.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Aug 2019 13:40 #192 by homeagain
www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/201...sident-guide/582598/

Hick's hopes are history.....another one bites the dust.......

15 Aug 2019 15:08 #193 by FredHayek
Seems silly to give up so soon. The Iowa caucus isn't until early 2020, a lot can happen in the remaining months of 2019. If Iowa turns out to be a disaster, he would probably still have time to enter the Colorado Senate race. Which brings up this point, if being a senator is so cool. why do first time senators run for President? Kamala, Barack, Hillary? Maybe it sucks as a job. One of 100 people.

homeagain wrote: www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/201...sident-guide/582598/

Hick's hopes are history.....another one bites the dust.......

15 Aug 2019 15:37 #194 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote: bolded....have to AGREE with you....it is still very early in the timeline,BUT I am getting
more despondent by the day.:sick:

Hey, we are early in Q3. Just wait for it.

[/b]

OK BB......are you out there?.....we are coming into LATE Q 3......throw me a rope.

29 Aug 2019 08:30 #195 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
forbes.com 8/29/2019

As it looks now, these are the candidates who qualify for the ABC News debate in Houston:

Former Vice President Joe Biden
Senator Bernie Sanders
Senator Elizabeth Warren
Senator Kamala Harris
South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg
Senator Cory Booker
Senator Amy Klobuchar
Entrepreneur Andrew Yang
Former HUD Secretary Julian Castro
Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke
Here are the candidates who won’t be in the debate:

Author Marianne Williamson
Billionaire Tom Steyer
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard
Sen. Michael Bennett
Montana Governor Steve Bullock
Rep. John Delaney
Rep. Tim Ryan
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
Former Rep. Joe Sestak
Miramar, Florida Mayor Wayne Messam

29 Aug 2019 09:24 #196 by FredHayek
Gillibrand quit yesterday. Her campaign looked like amateur hour to me, but so does Elizabeth Warren's.

Bennet didn't qualify but he has pledged to stay in. Think he will make it past September? I doubt it.

31 Aug 2019 13:40 - 31 Aug 2019 13:42 #197 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates

Brandon wrote: From this perspective, Biden is the pragmatic choice and Sanders was the second place finisher last time (and probably would have beaten the idiot king).

LOL, have you watched/listened to Biden lately? He really is losing his mind... there's no way he doesn't humiliate himself into dropping out. But even with his mental problem, he's still better at math than Bernie who now want's to forgive medical debt along with all college debt. Bernie is the leader of the math illiterates, which is the rest of the candidates who are trying to outdo each other on how much money they can steal from anyone who has more money than they think is necessary. Good strategy for sheep, not so much for people with active brain cells. Not looking very good for you Brandon, but good for the rest of us who don't want this country to turn into a third world shithole.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

31 Aug 2019 13:55 #198 by Brandon
Let me know when Biden starts sounding as crazy as the idiot king does. Then I'll be worried. Have your math skills allowed you to notice that the recent tax cuts haven't worked? Probably not. But you understand on some level that most Americans aren't brainless and sheeplike enough to keep getting lied to by the republiscum - that's why you're getting more and more unhinged.

31 Aug 2019 14:54 #199 by FredHayek

Brandon wrote: Let me know when Biden starts sounding as crazy as the idiot king does. Then I'll be worried. Have your math skills allowed you to notice that the recent tax cuts haven't worked? Probably not. But you understand on some level that most Americans aren't brainless and sheeplike enough to keep getting lied to by the republiscum - that's why you're getting more and more unhinged.

The Democrats keep trying to peddle this lie but that dog isn't hunting. Record low unemployment, higher wages, stock market is at record levels. Low interest rates. Meanwhile those sane Europeans? Their economies are in a tailspin.

I was so hoping Marianne would make the debate, such a refreshing alternative to career politicians.

02 Sep 2019 13:49 #200 by Blazer Bob
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds