2020 Presidential Candidates

09 Oct 2019 13:54 #231 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
Those who live by Wikipedia are destined to be uninformed. My jape on: live by the sword, die by the sword.
PLEASE (love those caps) enter babylonbee.com URL, into your computer.
If your computer does not find it contact Crowdstrike to wipe it clean of those Russians hackers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Oct 2019 09:38 #232 by FredHayek
Looks like Beto will fail to make the next debate. Yang is in. Beto built his campaign on gun control. Maybe it isn't as popular with blue collar Democrats and minorities as educated, Caucasian, coastal elites?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Oct 2019 09:56 #233 by ramage
"Tulsi Gabbard Accuses the DNC of 'Rigging' Another Election"

As an aside from this article, Ms. Gabbard reminds me of Rand Paul and his positions during the Republican debates in 2016.

12 Oct 2019 14:00 #234 by ramage
The NYTIMES.COM continues the assault on Tulsi Gabbard. 10/12/2019

What, Exactly, Is Tulsi Gabbard Up To?
As she injects chaos into the 2020 Democratic primary by accusing her own party of “rigging” the election, an array of alt-right internet stars, white nationalists and Russians have praised her.
WASHINGTON — Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, is impressed with her political talent. Richard B. Spencer, the white nationalist leader, says he could vote for her. Former Representative Ron Paul praises her “libertarian instincts,” while Franklin Graham, the influential evangelist, finds her “refreshing.”

And far-right conspiracy theorists like Mike Cernovich see a certain MAGA sais quoi.

“She’s got a good energy, a good vibe. You feel like this is just a serious person,” Mr. Cernovich said. “She seems very Trumpian.”

Among her fellow Democrats, Representative Tulsi Gabbard has struggled to make headway as a presidential candidate, barely cracking the 2 percent mark in the polls needed to qualify for Tuesday night’s debate. She is now injecting a bit of chaos into her own party’s primary race, threatening to boycott that debate to protest what she sees as a “rigging” of the 2020 election. That’s left some Democrats wondering what, exactly, she is up to in the race, while others worry about supportive signs from online bot activity and the Russian news media.

I find it interesting that the NYTimes tries to paint her a white nationalist. Obviously the democrat hierarchy does not want her anywhere near the contest for the democrat nomination for President. Let's see, she is PRO-Abortion, she is PRO impeachment, what might they find disconcerting?

13 Oct 2019 07:47 #235 by homeagain
The Fourth Turning....in action.

14 Oct 2019 19:35 #236 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates

homeagain wrote: The Fourth Turning....in action.

Care to elaborate? Once again I'm trying to decipher the point.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Oct 2019 11:18 #237 by ramage
Back to the Russians:

Campaign HQ with David Plouffe podcast 10/17/2020

Clinton went after Gabbard while appearing on the Campaign HQ podcast hosted by Barack Obama’s former campaign manager David Plouffe.

“They are also going to do third party again,” Clinton said. “I’m not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third party candidate,” Clinton said, referring to Gabbard.

“She is a favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and ways of supporting her so far. That’s assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not because she is also a Russian asset.

Clinton then claimed that even if it isn’t Gabbard, there will be a third-party candidate who she believes will take votes away from the Democrat Party.

“They know they can’t win without a third-party candidate, and so I do not know who it is going to be but I can guarantee you they will have a vigorous third-party challenge in the key states that they most need it.”

Maybe Hillary should alert the Hawaiian National Guard that one of its officers, currently serving, is a Russian agent.

18 Oct 2019 22:33 #238 by ramage
Tulsi Gabbard has double-downed. She has stated that Hillary Clinton has the blood of the soldiers killed in Iraq on her hands.

What say you?

19 Oct 2019 10:26 #239 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: The Fourth Turning....in action.

Care to elaborate? Once again I'm trying to decipher the point.

RICK, I know we are polar opposites of each other,but I have posted time and again,on MANY
threads the Bannon believe of ''The Four Turning''..A HISTORICAL account of how government
structures (all countries) evolve thru cycles (and revolts)......IF you are not aware of those posts or elect to ignore them....that is your error,not mine.

19 Oct 2019 11:40 #240 by Blazer Bob
Perhaps a distinction without a difference but I would say it is the cycles of a society not a government.

Time to create page: 0.594 seconds