2020 Presidential Candidates

02 Aug 2019 11:54 #181 by homeagain
www.cnbc.com/2019/08/02/bannon-trump-cou...n-2020-race-yet.html

NEVER thought I would agree with Bannon..........I have previously posted I thought a "dark horse'
should show up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2019 19:51 #182 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates

homeagain wrote: www.cnbc.com/2019/08/02/bannon-trump-cou...n-2020-race-yet.html

NEVER thought I would agree with Bannon..........I have previously posted I thought a "dark horse'
should show up.

I'm not sure that dark horse will show up but the Dems better be looking for somebody very fast because this lineup of 20 isn't nearly enough.

There are a few candidates that I think could beat Trump if they had the help of your worthless media, but they seem to focus on those who have the most impossible ideas. I think Tulsi Gabbard covers all the bases for the left's identity requirements, she doesn't have the angry b###h face like Clinton and Warren and actually speaks calmly and articulately, and she's not afraid to take on the hypocrites in her party. All she would need to beat Trump are some realistic policies that don't destroy the economy and any chance of producing enough revenue to tackle all of our problems. I'm thinking she still needs some help in that department but at least she hasn't painted herself into the losers box by saying yes to taxpayer funded healthcare for all illegals who can cross our border.

BUT, my ultimate political fantasy would be watching a few Trump vs Williamson debates. I don't think Dem voters are that nutty, yet, but man would that be entertaining. Trump wouldn't know how to deal with her love talk and she would have to try to stay composed with her uber-dramatic tone. Two polar opposites in almost every way.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Aug 2019 20:06 #183 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
The democrats have certainly made this early election debates interesting. I cannot think of a more insulting remark that a democrat "dark horse" candidate will surface, i.e. Michelle Obama. To call her a "dark horse" is both racist (dark) and sexist (horse).
See how easy it is to label words, if you are politically correct.

03 Aug 2019 08:32 #184 by homeagain

ramage wrote: The democrats have certainly made this early election debates interesting. I cannot think of a more insulting remark that a democrat "dark horse" candidate will surface, i.e. Michelle Obama. To call her a "dark horse" is both racist (dark) and sexist (horse).
See how easy it is to label words, if you are politically correct.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dark%20horse
SORRY, that analogy does NOT equate......if the urban dictionary has NO reference to race,it seems to me YOUR head, or the collectives combined intelligence is questionable.

03 Aug 2019 09:25 #185 by ramage
HA,
Nibble on this. Why do all gods and good guys ride WHITE horses?

03 Aug 2019 10:30 #186 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates

ramage wrote: HA,
Nibble on this. Why do all gods and good guys ride WHITE horses?

Because they are RACISTS!!! LOL We all know too well that if Trump used the Term "dark horse" there would be a slew of worthless journalists adding that remark to the long list of so called impeachable offenses. We live in such a pathetic time of overly offended wimps.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Aug 2019 15:58 #187 by Brandon

Rick wrote: We all know too well that if Trump used the Term "dark horse" there would be a slew of worthless journalists adding that remark to the long list of so called impeachable offenses.

We all don't know that. Please don't project the mess between your ears onto other people.

03 Aug 2019 18:53 #188 by FredHayek
I don't like than CNN wants to limit the candidates on the debate stage in September. In 2016, Democrat voters got a very small field of four choices. Let's hear a variety of opinions. Give them more time to develop a following.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Aug 2019 09:14 #189 by FredHayek
Joe Biden misspoke this week, saying poor kids are just as smart as white children. Are Bernie, Joe, and the Donald too old to run? I know people are living longer than ever and in better shape, but your mental condition does tend to deteriorate. Should we institute a new policy that says to serve as POTUS, Senator, and Congressman, you cannot run after your turn 75? And federal judges have to retire at the end of the year when they reach 75.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Aug 2019 14:04 #190 by ramage
It is interesting, as I posted previously, that age and health are no longer issues. Reagan, McCain, were assailed on the basis of their age and in McCain's case, also his health. The 2016 election did away with age and health considerations.
Ironically, the democrats leading the race are white men in their eighth decade of life. Perhaps the V-P slot will be eagerly sought.
On another note, it looks like Bennet will outlast Hickenlooper as a candidate. I thought it would be the other way around. We shall see in September.

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds