2020 Presidential Candidates

23 Jul 2019 09:39 #151 by homeagain
UNFORTUNATELY, I do not see anyone on theD'S platform.....it is w-a-y too early in the horse race.....image the jockey intentionally holding back his stead,pacing the process and THEN
breaking out of the pack and riding the wind to finish first.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jul 2019 08:24 #152 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
Today's NY Times as an article "The Extraordinary Humbling of John Hickenlooper" by
Matt Flegenheimer, 7/26/2019. Unfortunately it is behind a firewall and a subscription to the NY Times is needed to access.
It seems to be a balanced article regarding the candidacy of Hickenlooper for President.
Even in New Hampshire he is asked why he is not running for the Senate.

26 Jul 2019 08:27 #153 by ramage
Addendum to the above. One can create a free account with the NY Times and then access is allowed.

26 Jul 2019 08:33 #154 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Today's NY Times as an article "The Extraordinary Humbling of John Hickenlooper" by
Matt Flegenheimer, 7/26/2019. Unfortunately it is behind a firewall and a subscription to the NY Times is needed to access.
It seems to be a balanced article regarding the candidacy of Hickenlooper for President.
Even in New Hampshire he is asked why he is not running for the Senate.

Personally I think John waited too long to run for President. His window was 2016. I think he would have done well as a sane alternative to Hillary Clinton. Now I believe he is too male, too white, and too heterosexual to get any traction in the new "woke" Democrat party.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jul 2019 09:32 #155 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote: Now I believe he is too male, too white, and too heterosexual to get any traction in the new "woke" Democrat party.

Since two white male heterosexuals are currently leading the pack, your beliefs are clearly at odds with reality.

www.politico.com/story/2019/07/25/bidens...ational-poll-1436503

26 Jul 2019 10:37 #156 by FredHayek
Joe Biden gets the low IQ Democrat minority vote, and Sanders gets the low economic IQ vote.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jul 2019 11:29 #157 by Brandon
I'll give those beliefs of yours as much respect as your belief that a white, male, heterosexual cannot get traction in the Democratic primary race.

26 Jul 2019 13:06 #158 by ramage
Brandon,
Perhaps the democrats that are polled feel sorry for ELDERLY, white, heterosexual males. Hickenlooper, Bennet, Delaney, etc. don't seem to be doing too well

26 Jul 2019 18:00 #159 by ramage
I ask all the sporting people in the MMT community to stake a bet on who will drop out first (or who will remain standing) Hickenlooper or Bennet. To make it a contest you must submit the date of dropping out.
Both will be in the next round of debates, on different nights.
My guess is that funding will be the determining factor. Perhaps Hickenlooper can get the American Craft Beer Association (if such exists) to back him. Spreading the hops (word) across the USA and garnering the young millennial vote.
Bennet has a tougher row to hoe, but he has Phil Anshutz in his corner. $$$.
In any case, place you bets, the winner gets his/her/its name on the MMT blog.
I am betting on Bennet staying in the race longer, he really wants the VP nomination, for national name recognition in 2024. Hickenlooper out August 15th.
In order to qualify for the third and fourth set of debates in September and October respectively, candidates will now have to achieve 2% in four polls from a slightly changed list of approved pollsters and receive 130,000 unique donors (from the date of their campaign's creation), including 400 unique donors per state in at least 20 US states.

26 Jul 2019 20:47 #160 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates

Brandon wrote: I'll give those beliefs of yours as much respect as your belief that a white, male, heterosexual cannot get traction in the Democratic primary race.

Well you have to know that the other 18 people must be so bad that two old white males can be on top of the diversity party. Neither one will last though, the angry women will rip them to shreds eventually because the left Feels that ones skin color and chosen gender are far more important than tangible experience.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds