2020 Presidential Candidates

30 Jul 2019 08:19 #171 by FredHayek
The jobs left because Detroit city government didn't do their part, they let the schools go to hell, so manufacturers did not have a literate work force to hire. And they didn't keep their citizens safe, just like Baltimore. New York used to be almost as bad, but the people got tired of it, brought on Guiliani, homicides and crime have gone down. People started paying premiums to live in the city, gentrification occurred. Baltimore has been doing some gentrification despite the squealing of leftist radicals, but it has not gone far enough.

But back on topic, which Dem candidate do you find most interesting? I used to like Mayor Pete the best, but he seems to be letting polls and campaign handlers control his message lately, so my current favorite is Marianne Williamson, the author and self help guru doesn't have the political experience and I think that can be a plus. Would be fun to see her go one on one versus Trump. Two independents in a sea of politicians

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jul 2019 09:02 #172 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote: The jobs left because Detroit city government didn't do their part, they let the schools go to hell, so manufacturers did not have a literate work force to hire.

B.S.

www.quora.com/Why-did-the-automakers-lea...t-why-did-they-leave

30 Jul 2019 20:40 #173 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
Nearing the end of the democrat debate #1.
My thoughts:
The Gov. of Montana Bullock, who was not in the 1st debate, was very good. I also thought the Hickenlooper did a good job. Perhaps, it is because they were governors and realize what is can be achieved.
With the backing of the Bilderburg Group, Hickenlooper may get the funds he needs to continue.
Williamson is a treat.
Clobaucher(sp) should seriously talk with her plastic surgeon, her right eyebrow has suffered from a over aggressive face lift.
Love that fact that Hickenlooper uses MD's as an example of needing experience. Yet wants to move to socialized health care. Please Note HEALTH INSURANCE DOES NOT EQUATE TO HEALTH CARE.
Michael Bennet, in my opinion, is going to have to be strong to outlast Hickenlooper. I will wait to listen the Bennet before casting my vote.

31 Jul 2019 08:49 #174 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

ramage wrote: Who Is Marianne Williamson, 2020 Presidential Candidate and Also Oprah's Spiritual Advisor?
"We have to fall in love again with what this country can mean."
marieclaire.com Feb 8, 2019.

Ms. Williamson will be on the dais as one of the democrat candidates. I had never heard of her, (though, that doesn't signify). This article seems to be a non-opinionated biography.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne_Williamson

For the cynical, she would be labeled a loosey,goosey liberal, for those who are ATTEMPTING
to find a workable solution to the sad saga of today's state of the world,she would be labeled
a leading example....think Martin Luther King or DALAI LAMA....from ''little book of wisdom''..
''for change to happen in a community,the initiative must come from the individual''. I believe
the individual is the key to the rest.''

does she have a realistic shot at the POSTUS.....no,because the masses are not ready. jmo

S0-0-0- now that you have been witness to an AUTHENTIC human being.....what is your
assessment of her achieving a finalist position?

31 Jul 2019 12:02 #175 by ramage
I am certainly going to contribute to her campaign so that she will meet the requirements to remain on the stage. I urge everyone reading this to do likewise.

31 Jul 2019 19:43 #176 by ramage
As before, it is close to the end of The second half of the second round of debates. Michael Bennet, again my opinion, has not gained position. Comparing Hickenlooper's performance to Bennet's, Hickenlooper did much better.
It is difficult to compare the candidates from debate #1 to debate #2 because of the questions and the whim of the moderators.
To vote on my question, I think that Hickenlooper will outlast Bennet. Though it may be that neither will make the next round of debates due to the requirements, i.e. donations and polling support.

01 Aug 2019 10:22 #177 by ScienceChic
I have had evening meetings and not been able to watch the debates live, so I'm reserving full judgement until later. Reading through comments about what was said though has been quite interesting. I will say that I think Marianne Williamson needs to go. I'm all for anyone being able to run for any office for which they are eligible, but we don't need an anti-science, fluff policy quack as a candidate.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Aug 2019 12:12 #178 by ramage
WOW!
Tulsi Gabbert is being accused of collusion with Russian Bots to throw the election to Trump. This is due to her comments on Harris' record as AG of California.

Russia's propaganda machine discovers 2020 Democratic candidate Tulsi Gabbard
Experts who track websites and social media linked to Russia have seen stirrings of a possible campaign of support for Hawaii Democrat Tulsi Gabbard.

02 Aug 2019 08:10 #179 by ramage
From Tucker Carlson Fox News 8/1/19

Tucker Carlson: Cory Booker meanwhile is in the process of transitioning to a brand-new identity, he spent most of the evening trying to sound like a Nation of Islam recruiter rather than the deeply privileged son of two IBM executives which is what he is… (laughing) That’s Booker barking at the former Vice President. The best is “communities like mine were destroyed by you, Joe Biden.” Cory Booker grew up in Harrington Park, New Jersey. The black population of Harrington Park? 0.6% less than 1%. The poverty rate for families in Harrington Park is literally zero! Not a single family in Harrington Park is poor. Not one! That’s where Cory Booker grew up. So the only way that Joe Biden’s crime policies destroyed Cory Booker’s home town is to allow its citizens to move out to gentrified Brooklyn. Cory Booker is by far the most privileged candidate running for president in either party this year.

02 Aug 2019 08:55 #180 by FredHayek
Interesting about Cory Booker. So who will drop out before the next debates? Gillibrand? She doesn't seem to be getting enough support. And her message seems muddled.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds