2020 Presidential Candidates

02 Sep 2019 16:18 #201 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

Gotta give you a BIG grin on that one......but,then you ALWAYS bring it.......:icecream:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Sep 2019 08:48 #202 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote: The Democrats keep trying to peddle this lie but that dog isn't hunting. Record low unemployment, higher wages, stock market is at record levels. Low interest rates. Meanwhile those sane Europeans? Their economies are in a tailspin.

Focus. The question was about the 2017 tax cut.

FredHayek wrote: I was so hoping Marianne would make the debate, such a refreshing alternative to career politicians.

That is a joke, right?

04 Sep 2019 15:54 #203 by FredHayek

Brandon wrote:

FredHayek wrote: The Democrats keep trying to peddle this lie but that dog isn't hunting. Record low unemployment, higher wages, stock market is at record levels. Low interest rates. Meanwhile those sane Europeans? Their economies are in a tailspin.

Focus. The question was about the 2017 tax cut.

FredHayek wrote: I was so hoping Marianne would make the debate, such a refreshing alternative to career politicians.

That is a joke, right?

Nope. I want to be entertained. I am tired of boiler plate speeches or candidates that evade the questions. She answers without guile.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Sep 2019 16:49 #204 by Brandon
If you want to entertained by the president, please go watch Mad TV instead of further screwing up our country by voting again.

04 Sep 2019 23:03 #205 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote:
I was so hoping Marianne would make the debate, such a refreshing alternative to career politicians.

The dem's won't allow it.

www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/09/...left-lied-like-this/

"Presidential candidate Marianne Williamson (D) revealed that she did not think the left was “so mean” and “lied like this” until she ran for president as an outsider candidate.
“I know this sounds naive. I didn’t think the left was so mean. I didn’t think the left lied like this,” Williamson told the New Yorker’s David Remnick in an interview. “I thought the right did that. I thought we were better.”...

05 Sep 2019 06:22 #206 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote:

ramage wrote: Who Is Marianne Williamson, 2020 Presidential Candidate and Also Oprah's Spiritual Advisor?
"We have to fall in love again with what this country can mean."
marieclaire.com Feb 8, 2019.

Ms. Williamson will be on the dais as one of the democrat candidates. I had never heard of her, (though, that doesn't signify). This article seems to be a non-opinionated biography.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne_Williamson

For the cynical, she would be labeled a loosey,goosey liberal, for those who are ATTEMPTING
to find a workable solution to the sad saga of today's state of the world,she would be labeled
a leading example....think Martin Luther King or DALAI LAMA....from ''little book of wisdom''..
''for change to happen in a community,the initiative must come from the individual''. I believe
the individual is the key to the rest.''

does she have a realistic shot at the POSTUS.....no,because the masses are not ready. jmo

[/b]
S0-0-0- now that you have been witness to an AUTHENTIC human being.....what is your
assessment of her achieving a finalist position?

05 Sep 2019 06:53 #207 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
I think she should be on the dais. As should Tulsi Gabbard. The democrat party committee will not allow them. ( see above from BB for Williamson's comments) Gabbard made the mistake of speaking her own mind and also taking down Harris.

05 Sep 2019 08:15 #208 by ScienceChic
It's not that the DNC isn't "allowing" them, they have set criteria for all candidates to meet and it's on those candidates to fulfill those expectations. Now, we can disagree on whether those criteria have merit. Frankly, I think tying participation in debates to fundraising is a huge problem in our political process, but I'm not sure what else they could use and would love some brainstorming ideas on that. Honestly, we can't keep having debates with 20 candidates for president, especially when it's clear that some of them have no business being there.

I have no problem with an "authentic" unconventional candidate; I do have a problem when said candidate is pushing pseudo science and fairytale solutions to our very real problems. I also have problems with candidates who cozy up to/defend/support murderous dictators.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Sep 2019 09:00 #209 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
"It's not that the DNC isn't "allowing" them, they have set criteria for all candidates to meet and it's on those candidates to fulfill those expectations. Now, we can disagree on whether those criteria have merit. "

May I interpret the above to mean "we have created criteria and you have not met them. Therefore you are not allowed to participate in the debate"

"I have no problem with an "authentic" unconventional candidate; I do have a problem when said candidate is pushing pseudo science and fairytale solutions to our very real problems. I also have problems with candidates who cozy up to/defend/support murderous dictators."

Your opinion, to which you are entitled. I would like to see this two women participate. I have problems with many of the other candidates, but would not exclude them because of opinion.

Fairy tale solutions-- try the New Green Deal, Medicare for all, Student loan absolution, forced confiscation of firearms, to name but a few positions of the other candidates in the debate who will be on stage.

05 Sep 2019 18:21 #210 by FredHayek
I wouldn't deny candidates for their beliefs or overseas connections. If they can show they have a healthy base of small donors and show up in polls, more power to them. Let them talk, it helps expose their bad ideas. I would rather have (2) five person debates than (1) ten person.

ScienceChic wrote: It's not that the DNC isn't "allowing" them, they have set criteria for all candidates to meet and it's on those candidates to fulfill those expectations. Now, we can disagree on whether those criteria have merit. Frankly, I think tying participation in debates to fundraising is a huge problem in our political process, but I'm not sure what else they could use and would love some brainstorming ideas on that. Honestly, we can't keep having debates with 20 candidates for president, especially when it's clear that some of them have no business being there.

I have no problem with an "authentic" unconventional candidate; I do have a problem when said candidate is pushing pseudo science and fairytale solutions to our very real problems. I also have problems with candidates who cozy up to/defend/support murderous dictators.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds