2020 Presidential Candidates

11 Jul 2019 14:19 #141 by Brandon
Take it to another thread, Ivan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2019 07:34 #142 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
CNN debates finalized

NIGHT 1
Sanders
Warren
Buttigieg
O’Rourke
Klobuchar
Williamson
Delaney
Hickenlooper
Ryan
Bullock

NIGHT 2
Biden
Harris
Castro
Yang
Booker
Inslee
Bennet
Gabbard
Gillibrand
de Blasio

Those that did not qualify for the debate are Rep. Seth Moulton (D-MA), former Sen. Mike Gravel (D-AL), and Wayne Messam, the mayor of Miramir, Florida. Former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-PA) and billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer also failed to qualify, as they entered the race recently.

21 Jul 2019 09:21 #143 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates
Re: John Hickenlooper has an identity problem.

Coloradopolitics.com 7/21/19

Presidential candidate John Hickenlooper was pressed Friday by a guest host on ABC chat show "The View" about a clash with another candidate during the first debate of 2020 hopefuls last month. Only that wasn't him.

Ana Navarro, a Republican commentator who appears on "The View" and CNN periodically, questioned the former Colorado governor about the Miami debate.

"I remember, from the first debate, Amy Klobuchar slapped you down pretty hard when you said that line, that you were the only one that had done something on ... abortion rights, and she said there are three women on the stage," Navarro said.

Hickenlooper, looking puzzled, answered, "That wasn't to me." In fact, Hickenlooper and Klobuchar, the senator from Minnesota, were on stage on different nights in Miami.

As it turns out, Navarro was thinking of another candidate, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee.

That led host Joy Behar to zing Navarro with: "All white people look alike, apparently."

21 Jul 2019 09:35 #144 by FredHayek
Interesting, no minority candidates on the first night, other than Klobuchar and she is white. Segregation?

ramage wrote: CNN debates finalized

NIGHT 1
Sanders
Warren
Buttigieg
O’Rourke
Klobuchar
Williamson
Delaney
Hickenlooper
Ryan
Bullock

NIGHT 2
Biden
Harris
Castro
Yang
Booker
Inslee
Bennet
Gabbard
Gillibrand
de Blasio

Those that did not qualify for the debate are Rep. Seth Moulton (D-MA), former Sen. Mike Gravel (D-AL), and Wayne Messam, the mayor of Miramir, Florida. Former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-PA) and billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer also failed to qualify, as they entered the race recently.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jul 2019 09:39 #145 by FredHayek
Been seeing more speculation that Michelle Obama is going to jump in the race late. Think she could win? President Obama is still quite popular with many Americans, and I could see where many people would think he would be able to get more terms this way. Possibly one reason why Barack hasn't endorsed Biden yet. An African-American female candidate linked to a previous administration could be unbeatable.

21 Jul 2019 10:11 #146 by homeagain
[quote="FredHayek" post=359204]Been seeing more speculation that Michelle Obama is going to jump in the race late. Think she could win? President Obama is still quite popular with many Americans, and I could see where many people would think he would be able to get more terms this way. Possibly one reason why Barack hasn't endorsed Biden yet. An African-American female candidate linked to a previous administration could be unbeatable.[/quote]

Link please......THAT (bolded) could be labeled as wishful thinking......or science fiction.

21 Jul 2019 17:35 #147 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: [

Link please......THAT (bolded) could be labeled as wishful thinking......or science fiction.

Or a horror story or a comedy.

22 Jul 2019 11:32 #148 by FredHayek
Wait, you are consulting astrological charts and want quotes on idle speculation? And they say the Left is the party of science! 37 genders and Jupiter ascending!

homeagain wrote: [quote="FredHayek" post=359204]Been seeing more speculation that Michelle Obama is going to jump in the race late. Think she could win? President Obama is still quite popular with many Americans, and I could see where many people would think he would be able to get more terms this way. Possibly one reason why Barack hasn't endorsed Biden yet. An African-American female candidate linked to a previous administration could be unbeatable.

Link please......THAT (bolded) could be labeled as wishful thinking......or science fiction.[/quote]

Part of it is wishful thinking from the Left and part of it is worry from the Right.

22 Jul 2019 12:01 #149 by Brandon
homeagain: Speculation is one way to describe it, but paranoid raving would be much more accurate. Here's an example:

www.glocktalk.com/threads/michelle-obama...n-the-world.1777136/

Warning - the sickness at the core of the modern right is on full, ugly display there.

23 Jul 2019 09:19 #150 by FredHayek
You may think it is crazy talk, but I believe that if Michelle entered the race, she would poll ahead of everyone but Biden and Sanders. And I think she could get ahead of them easily. Biden's campaign seems lost. His debate showing was a disaster. Sanders is a niche candidate.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds